RandNES 1: Dawn of a World

EP: 11 (+1 from population growth)
Army Size: 5
Stability: Solid

Sefa orders turn 4:

Finish what we've started. 6 EP towards that fort. 4 EP towards the granaries and whatnot. Now is the time to realize our old ambitions before adding new ones to the mix.

Tusdar Orders

EP 14

-5 To finsh domestication of camals.
-4 Begin to develop a write system.
-1 to go into training our army.

OCC: You have our religion in the wrong area lol

Tusdar Orders

EP 14

-5 To finsh domestication of camals.
-4 Begin to develop a write system.
-1 to go into training our army.

OCC: You have our religion in the wrong area lol

I'm sorry, I'll fix that right now.

EP: 11

5 EP: Creation of a wall to defend the city.
5 EP: creation of a harbor to accommodate naval vassals and ease future trade/fishing efforts.
1 EP: Develop militia.

I'm still waiting on 1 orderset (Silverman's). I'll VM him reminding him about the orders, then put out the orders.

Update 4
Stone Age
Unknown Year
Several decades have passed, and now, different great civilizations are starting to come into contact with each other. Will there be war, or cooperation? Only time will tell…
OOC: My policy towards inter-player diplomacy is that the player should mostly sort out the diplomacy by themselves. I will post the aftermaths and impacts of the diplomacy, but I’m not going to hold your hand as you talk to the other players.
Also, given that I vastly overestimated the amount of time the game would take, I am considering starting the Bronze Era at Update 6 instead of Update 11. What do you guys think about that?
Maps:
Political:
Spoiler :

Religious:
Spoiler :

International Reports:
-Diplomacy between the Sveans and the Hadun has continued, and jointly developing a writing system has been key to allowing communication and trade between the two civilizations. While trading has only recently started and there haven’t been immediate rewards, profits are inevitable in the long run.
-The Sefa and the Vengra have recently come into contact, and the Sveans and Elrich have also recently come into contact.
Individual Reports:
Spoiler :
Vengra/Lord_Herobrine: Due to your people’s successful agriculture and fishing, your capital’s population has grown by 1 yet again. Meanwhile, explorers from a distant land they call the Sefa have arrived in your capital. What will you do?
EP: 18 (+1 from growth, +6 from banked EP)
Stability: Stable

Tusdar/Everblack:
Spoiler :
Your people’s efforts to domesticate camels has finally succeeded, and all of the time and effort spent has greatly paid off in the form of increased trade and expansion. Government support combined with the influence of Uleseism has enabled your people to begin to develop a writing system.
EP: 15 (assuming you banked the 4 EPs you didn’t spend)

Uran/Silverman6083:
Spoiler :
Missed orders
EP: 11 (+1 from looting)
Army: 6

Hadun/Amesjay:
Spoiler :
Work on the Tower of Ardun has completed. It is the first World Wonder to be completed so far. It provides a permanent 2 EP boost, as well as +1 population from the increase of Halturias’s fame (more people begin moving into the city). Additionally, it will be much easier for visitors and explorers to discover Halturias. Population is slowly growing and your labor is slowly expanding as pack animals and lumberyards are being expanded upon. Lastly, diplomacy has opened with the relatively nearby nation of the Sveans. What will you do now?
EP: 14 (+1 from population growth, +2 from tower, make sure to write that in your nation stats)
Army Size: 6
Stability: Solid (wonders provide a stability boost)

Elrich/Seon:
Spoiler :
Your people have successfully erected a wall around your capital city and a harbor to increase trade. One of the positive benefits of building a large harbor is that is has caused your explorers to come into contact with another seafaring civilization known as the Sveans. What will you do?
EP: 11
Army Size: 6 (walls and militia caused military strength to increase)

Svealand/pole475
Spoiler :
Diplomacy has continued with the Hadun to much success and trade. Increased amounts of farming and domestication have finally paid off in a population increase. However, envious of your naval success and occasional raiding, local bands of pirates have started to prey on your merchant ships. What will you do?
Army Size: 8 (more investment)

Sefa/talonschild:
Spoiler :
A great series of forts have been built on your various borders, and the construction of those forts and your explanation have caused you to come into contact with the Vengra, located to the east. Your granaries have finished, and population is slowly but steadily growing. What will you do?
EP: 12 (+1 from population growth, you also only spent 10 EP last update so I’m tacking the extra one here)
Army Size: 6 (construction of the great fort has naturally caused an increase in your military power)

Missed orders: Bhalibris (Imac), Uran (Silverman)
NPC’ed out: Bhalibris (Imac)
If any of you want to jump back in, post it here with your Update 4 orders.

ORDERS DUE SATURDAY, March 22nd, 2014, AT 9:00 PM EST!!!

Attachments

• RandNES Political Map.png
    RandNES Political Map.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 260
Can I assume the Sefa have met the Tusdar as well?

Also, good updatin' :goodjob:

Neither of you have advanced enough navies to truly be able to make contact, but it hypothetically wouldn't be too hard to do.

I would be for starting the Bronze Age earlier. It may get more people into the NES as well. This is just my personal opinion, but do you think that maybe you can get someone to revamp the map? I mean increase the total size, and more detail. My reasoning is this: At the beginning of civilization, maps were not entirely correct and have been refined and improved over centuries. Perhaps the world map could reflect this, and improve in accuracy and such as time progresses?

This is just my opinion, and I would not feel bad if you chose not to use my suggestion.

First of all sorry about missing orders, I've been pretty busy and my computer is being...less than helpful. Also I'm okay with entering the bronze age. Anyways here are the orders:

Spoiler :

The navymen grew restless as they rowed home to Uran, with plenty of booty with them. But their blood was still hot with the frenzy of battle and plunder. They wanted to go back. The leader knew.
Because he wanted to.
He knew that this would not be the last raid. He also knew, deep down, that they
might want to stay in Ch’āenīmhǎer.

-Send another raiding party(all the navy ^-^) to Ch’āenīmhǎer( which is what you called the NPC city south of Uran if I recall )
-Spend 3 EP building more double-hulled canoes and recruiting axemen and bowmen
-Spend 2 EP expanding infrastructure further( ie canals, public writing rooms(libraries), paths to mines, harbors, etc. )

The Statues of Uran
"The Statues of Uran", the Chief proclaimed in the audience of all the citizens. "Shall be monuments to our Ocean Gods and shall line the coast, welcoming the pilgrims to our land, and once the prophets sail from the sea into our land, they shall see these statues, and will rejoice, and reward us with the blessings of the gods!", he paused as the men and women cheered.
"The women are to go and fish and harvest to feed our proud men, and all able-bodied men are to be building, mining, or ordering our slaves to be hauling, from sunrise to sunset!", the people cheered. Not knowing the tasks that the Chief had laid upon them, nor the rewards...

-Spend 6 EP working on The Statues of Uran

Oh and since I missed orders last turn, I'm not sure if I can use the 10 EP from last turn. If I do, spend 8 of those on The Statues of Uran, and the remaining 2 on expanding infrastructure. If not then disregard this, and please tell me because :dunno:

Im not sure I can provide orders by then. I can try but Im not sure.

Sefa Turn 5 Orders
EP: 12

Move eastward along the coast. The army first, putting towns that fail to provide tribute and supplies to the sword (or enslaving and sending to the capital, as per the commanders' whims) but leaving the compliant alone. Certainly some areas will be aid waste, and Sefa who wishes to resettle the emptinesses is to be allowed to do so.
Spend as necessary to conquer the area defined by a line due south from the easternmost point of the empire to the coast.

Tusdar Order

EP 15

- 3 EP to finish Tusdar writing system.
- 4 EP small bazaar areas will be build so as help increased trade with other tribes/civilaztions and help in exchanging thoughts and ideas as well spreading the word of Tusdarian Gods the Uleses.
- 3 EP Seeing the seccuess in domesticate camels they start to see if camals can also be use for mounted warfare. Some warrior were order to masters camal backriding while using weaopns.

Hadun Orders
EP: 14 (+2 from pop, +2 from Wonder)

-4 EP building (and fortifying existing) walls around the city/ outer lying farms (where possible, multiple wall levels if possible) eg. inner wall, outer wall etc.
-4 EP towards building a church/place of worship (perhaps as large as a cathedral, don't know whether this would count as a wonder but it just needs to be quite large) where people can gather (not really for praying, as to worship Ardun one simply needs to admire the grandeur of monuments that have been constructed).
-3 EP towards improving the arnaments of the soldier of Hadun, with a focus on defensive gear (eg. armour, but rocks to drop from the walls, logs to roll down hills etc. and also spears and bows/throwing weapons)
-3 EP to begin construction of a harbour to facilitate more trade with the people of Svealand

Svealand/pole475
Spoiler :
Diplomacy has continued with the Hadun to much success and trade. Increased amounts of farming and domestication have finally paid off in a population increase. However, envious of your naval success and occasional raiding, local bands of pirates have started to prey on your merchant ships. What will you do?
Army Size: 8 (more investment)

1 EP- Explore the Island of Hadun with Dhimmis, if possible try to cash in on any rewards possible.

2 EP- Improve the mines in the Nordbjerge Mts.

8 EP- Start construction of a great academy for teaching all subjects possible. (wonder)

Hey, just wondering how the update is going?
Also, I didn't really say anything before about entering the bronze age earlier, but I personally don't mind either way I suppose but I quite like Lord_herobrine's idea.

Spoiler :
Name/Player: Vengra/Lord_Herobrine
-Government: Despotism
-Unique Power: Power of the Harvest Moon; Allows for the quick replenishing of depleted food sources and reaps a larger yield per bushel of crops or net of fish caught.
-Cities: Vameshi
-Name:
-Size: Small
-EP produced per turn: 12 (for the capital)
-Maintenance: 0
-Unique Features: Palace (+5 EP per turn)

-EP per turn: 12
-Stored EP: 6
-Army Size: 5
-Description: The Vengra are a people who have grown together at the mouth of the Vahme river. For centuries they have relied on the seasonal rains from the sea to replenish the ground and bring new growth to the fields of wild plants, as well bringing an annual salmon run that swims up the river to lay their eggs. During this time of rebirth and lush greenery the Vengra have harvested a life out of the local ecosystem for years upon years. Fond of most creatures, the Vengra have consistently prayed tribute to the spirits of the sea (Cepien) and of the rain (Hydan), as well the great condor that watches over the creatures of the world that is known as, "Ryadin the all-seeing."

Orders:
-Spend 8 on increasing the size and power of the military.
-Bank the rest.

Elrich Orders

5 EP on creating tribal militia and striking the charters of the Elrich Confederation: a series of defensive and economic pacts between the villages comprised of Elrichi culture/those willing to acknowledge the importance of the Aelrich. It is a mutual support treaty in case of outsider invasion along with an agreement that the members of the Confederation will never attack one another, on the penalty of eviction from the charter.

4 EP on creating theatres and gardens within the city of Elrich.

2 EP on sending out merchants and pioneers further east away on horseback. What will they find and do? God only knows.

I'd like to thank everyone for turning in your orders early. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to update this weekend, as it was much busier than I expected. However, here are a few things that you can expect in the next two updates:

Update 5 will be the last update of the Stone Era. After that, there will be an "Update 5 and 1/2" where several things will happen.

First, everyone will advance to the Classical Era. This means that everyone's technology levels will go up. Also, Navy will become a separate military stat (you will have N/A if you are landlocked, otherwise default 3 unless you spent a lot in other updates). Lastly, Espionage will be added as a score in which you get a set number of points each turn. However, it will be the first hidden stat, which only you and I will know (I will PM you about it). It will be kept track of by what other nations you are spending it on and how.

Second, everyone will get to found a second city. This is partially caused by the technology increase from the Bronze Age and also because nobody saved EP to build another city.

Thirdly, there will be a lot of new players and civilizations. I will put up notices in the main recruitment threads talking about these changes. In addition to the new players, there will be more NPCs that will be much more aggressive and dynamic.

Fourthly, many Ancient Age civilizations will receive a Stability hit, especially if there are new civilizations nearby. This is to stimulate the passing of time, so you will need to be a little more careful now that things are becoming more dynamic.

Overall, I'm excited about the Era advancement and I hope you are too. Expect the next update within a few days.

Top Bottom