Fantasy Turnovia NES

From the Eternal and Glorious Elven Empire
To the inferior human nation of "Kalvo"

The Empire desires to agree to a border between our nations in order to avoid any unnecessary hostilities during further expansion by both of our people. It would be regretful indeedto have to kill you.

Shigeru II, Glorious Emperor of the Three Isles and of the Lands-Beyond the Sea, Protector of the Realm and Supreme Ruler of the Higher Kin

Morthur(Golden1Knight)
Race: Dwarves
Government: Meritocracy of Clans
Stability: 5
Economy: 6/1
Treasury: 4
Strategic Resources: None Developed
Military: 1 Dwarven Division(Green)
Draft pool: 3 Dwarven Divisions(Green)
Navy: None
Description: The Dwarves of the Andes are a notoriously tough and proud people. However, they do not limit their grumpy lives to the mountains: they are more than able to thrive outside their burrows, although their hearts are always with the Cordillera. They really appreciate stone work, preferring to live in large underground cities. When on the surface, they usually build solid stone houses, and their colonies often appear to be a set of stone blocks. The power is in the hands of the clans, which are headed by the most skilled dwarves. The clans elect a King among them, whose office is lifelong but not hereditary. Every dwarf is a member of a clan, and each clan dominates a certain region. The skills that are most valued by these people include the art of creating, shaping and war.
Mod Notes: Devloping Iron as strategic resource (1/4)
Color/Location: Brown/Andes

Spending

3 Jacks to develop Iron.
2 Jacks to develop economy (mining)

Orders

March all troops (draft pool ones too) to the north and take that lands. Its our land!

From the Eternal and glorious Elven Empire
To petty inferior human of Kalvo

It sure would be a shame to have to slay you... Inferior races can be soo entertaining.

Shigeru II, Glorious Emperor of the Three Isles and of the Lands-Beyond the Sea, Protector of the Realm and Supreme Ruler of the Higher Kin

Lalbok (Lord Parker II)
Race: Giants
Government: Direct Democracy
Economy:3/0
Treasury:5
Military: No standing army
Draft Pool: 2 Giant Divisions (Green)
Description: Cut off from the rest of the world for generations, the Lalbok giants have developed a society completely independent of other civilizations. Within this society, they have tamed fierce beasts such as bears, wolves, and even sharks. They use the animals to their advantage in every day life, gathering food, working land, and even fighting off other wild beasts in defense.
Mod Notes:
Color/Location: Brown/Northern tip of Africa

Expansion
The Giants expand their territory south, around the river.

Spending
The Lalbok wish to document the new plant and animal life they find to the south. 1 Jack towards building a Gallery of Species in Tyros, where drawings of new creatures are held for the public to see and learn.

2 Jack towards discovering iron

I am named Srrtrr, and I am the first of my kind, the record-keeper of the Spider Realms.

I shall remember all that happens in the Long Forests, so that it shall ne'er fade into the forgotten tangles of the past. In time, I shall take apprentices and share this lore, and they shall carry on in my footsteps. Ne'er shall I beget children, for lore alone shall be my legacy.

I shall beget no children. My lore alone shall be my legacy, it shall be carried on in my apprentices, then by my apprentices' apprentices, and thereon to the end of history.

Such is my vow.

First, let me speak of the Spider-Realms of Krr, and all that was before. Over a vast forest do we spread, a patchwork quilt of hunting ranges of tens of thousands of my kindred. Ever has our web spread wider across the land, since the first of the great spiders hatched from the womb of the world.

Second, let me speak of the first war. The enemy from outside incursed into our lands, slicing our threads, stomping our eggs and murdering our maidens. Arise did the Queens, who rallied their warriors to our defense, and in time consumed the enemy in its totality.

Thirdly, let me speak of the Age of the Queens. In their victory, the queens decreed that their knights should march to the frontiers, and that the Queens would betroth their daughters to those who could hold the line against those who would threaten us again.

It is in the young years of this present age that my record begins.

The Broghyr (Grandkhan)
Race: Ogre
Government: Confederacy of Tribal Chiefs
Economy: 3/0
Treasury: 6
Military: 1 Ogre Division(Untrained)
Navy: 1 Ogre Division(Green)
Description: Ogres (known by themselves as the Oghyr (lit. "Tusked Ones") are a race of 9ft tall humanoids who tend towards great bulk, muscle, hairlessness and mental slowness. They are a greyish-brown in colour, with extremely broad shoulders and a jutting lower jaw with protruding canine teeth to create short tusks. The Broghyr (lit. "Comrade Tusked Ones" - Ogre language is entirely composed of nouns and verbs) are a violent tribe of Ogres who tend to have a fondness for conquest and gold. Traditionally the Broghyr subsist on hunting, woolly rhinoceross and goat grazing, as well as growing barley which they ferment into a thick beer which is drunk to excess frequently. Broghyr culture venerates those who commit acts of bravery as well as cunning conquest, as long as it gets glorious victory or defeat, and each tribe have a totemic pantheon of venerated members who have committed acts of greatness in life before being have added to the Ancestral Pantheon on death. This Pantheon is overseen by the tribal Witch Doctors, who venerate the Ancestor Totems and occasionally become posessed by the spirit of an ancestor in times of battle to become glorious warriors for a time. The Broghyr fight with long lances, clubs, and vast axes, and many fight aboard their trained woolly rhinoceroses as armoued, massive cavalry. The Broghyr have recently united under the strangely strong Dankeigh (Chief, lit. "Brave Leader") Shrakh the Flatulent to bring terror and violence to the settled races.
Mod Notes:
Color/Location: Dark Red/roughly Utah area

Spending
-2 Jack into upkeep
-1 Jack into developing Rhino fur and leather as armour as a strategic resource

Orders
The Broghyr expand north-west towards the Draconic civilisation in California, enslaving all in their path and laying waste to the land as their horde moves towards the civilisations of the North.

Story coming soonish.

Spoiler :
Vespiqvon (mrrandomplayer)
Race: Beefolk
Government: Confederation
Economy: 5/2
Treasury: 0
Military: 1 Regular Beemen Division(Untrained), 1 Sky Beemen Division(Untrained)
Draft Pool: 4 Regular Beemen Divisions(Green)
Navy: 1 Galley Flotilla
Description: The Beefolk, human-sized, sentient, bee-like humanoids have lived in large, urbanized hives for many centuries, ruled by queen bees. Beefolk can fly for short distances and have stingers (but they don't die when they sting people). Recently, many hives were united into a confederation by Grand Queen Bzzst I, where all of the hive queens vote on national policy in a council and are ruled by the Grand Queen.
Mod Notes:
Wonders: Wzzst Hive [1/5]
Color/Location: Orange/Italy

Orders: 2 Jack into paying upkeep.
3 Jack into continuing work on the Wzzst Hive.

Orders: Be on the alert for attacks from the undead, and continue to expand into North Africa. Open up diplomacy with other Mediterranean nations.

To say nothing of Dankeigh meaning 'Brave Leader', and a name like 'Shrakh the Flatulent'. Unless each use of an adjective is just a rough translation from an adjective-free language.

I was half asleep when i was writing that, and forgot about those. :p

Shrakh the Flatulent is meant to be a translation - the actual name would be something like Shrakh Farts Stench.

2 and a half hour warning. As usual, I will not be accepting orders after the deadline.

No longer accepting orders. Update will be up shortly, I've been working on it already. Shame on those of you who did not send orders.

Update 5 Year 100

Europe

K'eltoq counter attacks the frost trolls and start to force them back at the cost of many goblin lives [-1 goblin division]

The goblin tribes of Regne send an expedition to england and never hear from it again.

Vespiqvon meets an aggressive tribe of humans to the north in Africa.

Jhasturad banks jack. Unrest starts building within the empire, as the leadership seems to have no direction.

Silesia and Aghstagh continue to clash throughout the forests. The faded men fortify and largely stay out of pitched battles with the undead, prefering to fight using guerilla tactics in stead. Unfortunately, not being able to face the undead in the open field has allowed them to take more land. [-1 undead division] The wood elves, seeing evidence of human involvement in the disapearance of their kingdred, have started raiding those villages.

Euryale and Testonica continue their war and a stalemate is achieved after Euryale's forces in conjunction with militia deliver a defeat to Testonica [-1 Testonica Draft Pool]. Stability in Euryale decreases as their leaders are seemingly innactive during a time of war.

Tortolia

Karr Mepork starts developing copper veins in their country to be able to further exploit further the advantages of bronze. Scouts have seen more and more goblin tribes unifying around Krazath (mostly through force), who seems to be staying alive longer than goblins usually stay alive. Is his life being preserved through magics!? Rumors that Krazath covets the wealth that Karr Mepork has accumulated should not be taken with a grain of salt.

Cahokia bank their jack.

Lusakaroon expands borders. Makes contact with Faeshire.

Faeshire expands modestly. inactivity from leadership has dropped stability in the realm. Makes contact with Lusakaroon.

Kreszentians banks jack and modestly expands. Develops Cotton which increases their economy.

Broghyr start developing Rhinos as strategic resource for their leather mostly as they expand northwest.

Asia

Mines of Hrisgard start construction on Great Manufactory of Armok, God of Blood. While expanding south they meet a hostile barbarian horde of Kobolds who have seen the dwarven tunnels as a chance to aquire great plunder for themselves. The dwarve's attention is too divided on developing other strategic resources at the moment to develop any more. (Banked the jack for your mentioned project)

Klthsstkl spiral even further into darkness, as they lose their grip on more of what was once a great Klthdom.

Kalvo finish developing rice, which improves the economy and increases draft pool. The Centaurs do not mount any attacks, and in fact a large tribe has offered itself as mercenaries to the Kalvo (See NPC diplo)

Gardu attempt to excavate more strategic resources through mining and have yet to come up with anything new. Meanwhile they're attempt to drive Gorfangia from their lands ends up with victories after Gorfang finally dies to old age. The coalition elects a new warchief called "Rotten Tooth", who vows to carry on the fight if Gardu doesn't cease hostilities. [-1 orc division]

Dredgendor expands economy and are attacked by the goblin tribes to the west! They seek to despoil all Dark elven lands and get fat loots!

R'leyh expand very aggressively this turn and expand farming operations (This coupled with the new expansion has increased economy). Several clashes with Zugurai to the east have happened, as both civilizations aggressively expand into the levant. Clashes with Adengae also occur as some slaves escape in that direction. An agressive policy in the mediteranean has seen some Testonican deaths at the hands of R'leyh, as well.

Ularmti once again calls to arms their entire populace to attack the humans to the north. Once again, their adversaries are no contest in the battlefield, and the nagas enslave every human they don't kill. [+1 economy, -1 stability]. Made contact with Antmen (grey blob) to the west.

Glorious and Eternal Elven Empire colonize lands around the Bohai sea and finishes the Imperial Capital, thus increasing stability and economy for them.

Krr reorganize their society around spider queens and expand like cray zee. They even start to develop small city-state like settlements.

Zugurai gobble up the rest of the unclaimed levant. Several clashes with Illithid troops have put Zugurai on alert, and a very visible increase in the size of their standing army has occured.

Andea

Shural research natural magics, trying to use the power of the rainforest for themselves.

Morthur has attacked the barbarian crabmen to the north! They do not fight in any pitched battles, only guerilla warfare. Progress has been slow, but steady.

Treplak nothing of import.

Arctica

Iceladon Banks jack

Africa

Lashishali banks jack.

Adengae starts researching fire magic, and develops their economy. Investing in the "children" races and fully accepting them into their society, they now feel as if they really are children to the giants and will now participate in defending the realm if required. A few border conflicts arise with the R'leyh, especially in the south where the humans attempt to escape from R'leyh to Adengae.

Mandalore calls to arms much of their civilization to deal with the elves. Many battles are fought and the mandalorians prevail after heavy losses. [-1 Human Draft Pool] The elves are not completely defeated though, and have rallied more tribes to the east together with them to fight against the Mandalorians!

Slezkak becomes the second civilization in the world to build a great pyramid.

Tronda bank jack and modestly expand.

Lalbok develops mostly culturally, experiencing some expansion. Attempts to develop iron here has bore no fruit, so far.

Boreala

Elgathon advances into goblin lands and attempts to encorporate the goblins into their realm, making houses for them using their fallen trees. Interesting idea, and some goblins have bought in.

NPC Diplo

To: R'leyh

Perhaps it is best if you would return to the waters. Your aggressive expansion is alarming, and we are prepared to defend ourselves against you.

To: Kalvo

We are impressed with your wealth and power and see that it might be futile to fight against you. We are proud warriors, and would be willing to offer our services if you would be willing to pay and feed us fairly (4 jack initially, 2 jack upkeep thereafter).

To: Euryale

We have heard no reply from you, but we will advance no further. We do not wish for perpetual war with your country.

To: Gardu

The waaagh! was good! We fight lots and both show strong. Respects given, and we go waaagh! against others?

Mod Notes

9 people missed orders this turn. Garbage. Those of you who have 2 asterisks by your name will be NPCed if orders aren't received this turn. I don't require you guys to write stories, just send your orders!

If I messed up, please notify me in a PM.

Orders due Wednesday the 27th of August at 9PM Central American Time Zone

Attachments

• NES Map Turn 5.png
    NES Map Turn 5.png
    262.1 KB · Views: 431
To: Gorfangia

The battles have been good, and we respect you for your strength. Our goal has always been to allow any race to join our civilisation. Out tribal council has always said that a diverse herd is a strong herd, therefore we invite you to join the rest of your orc brethren who have already begun to assimilate into Gardu so that we can form one strong nation.
And yes, lets go Waaagh! against others.

Assault Bear Division
Lalbok settlers and explorers in the south needed protection from native tribes of barbarians. Their bears, already trained to attack violent animals and other threats, would be the perfect solution. Apply some armor to some bears and lead them to the enemy, and your problems are solved.

After Armand the Crow finally passed away the title of Leódhatas remained in his clan the Voûte, the new holder becoming the Voûten warrior Ælfgar of Razor Talons. In his age the clans of the Règne found among themselves a new clan emerging that strived its home by migrating to the lands now sought to expand into for the glory of all the clans.

Dawn of Another Clan.png

This new clan called itself the Landséta. Adopting dark state blue colour scheme they came forth under its founder Leofric the Wild Howler, who originated from the Hæþstapa. Striving towards the tales of a "giant lake" the goblins sought expansion for the sake of rumour. The new clan hails Æhtspéd, Æscplega and Masquer as their primal deities.

As for the lost expedition to the land across the channel Ælfgar of Razor Talons sought to investigate, planning to set forth the warrior of the Kobolds, Florian Stormwolf, to serve as diplomat and investigator into what caused the failure. Rumour of a power in the land across the channel made that Florian and be in a small party to ensure no more loses at scale and that he could avoid threatening who ever were there to think him as a invader. What was there must be scouted!

Lalbok (Lord Parker II)
Race: Giants
Government: Direct Democracy
Economy:3/0
Treasury:5
Military: No standing army
Draft Pool: 2 Giant Divisions (Green)
Description: Cut off from the rest of the world for generations, the Lalbok giants have developed a society completely independent of other civilizations. Within this society, they have tamed fierce beasts such as bears, wolves, and even sharks. They use the animals to their advantage in every day life, gathering food, working land, and even fighting off other wild beasts in defense.
Mod Notes:
Color/Location: Brown/Northern tip of Africa

Spending
3 jack goes towards developing bears as a strategic resource

1 jack out of the treasury to expand the Gallery of Species

Expansion
Spread the borders towards the river to the south

Top Bottom