[FfH II Art Team Blog]

small update 12.o7.o7

the rider is basically finished, he will get a special sword and a new Horse... sorry for taking so long guys, but these days are busy and i cant work on the units as much as i want to :/
the screenshot uses no rendering, there is no shadow by an outside light source, this is blender, fully lit... all the shadows are on the texture...

leave me some comments :)

That's pretty sweet!

But why do you use imageshack instead of CFCs own upload system? It's so slow...

He looks awesome seZ!

Photobucket is also vastly superior to imagesmack.

Very nice unit once again seZereth!

are the four horsemen supposed to represent death, famine, plague, and war? (i mean in FFH and Real World mythology?) if so, which is which?

That is one terrifying mofo.

Thanks guys,

@Ploe: Archaon comes later ;)

@thomas.berubeg: First, he will resemble "war", which will be obvious when you see his Horse and sword. Second, thanks for the link, but Kael gave me very inspiring descriptions of what Erebus Horsemen look like. I will keep in mind, but dont want to recreate the Christian mythology things. I am not a fan of creating something which is already there (which is hard, because of the vast amount of things artists have drawn/modeled/described), but do a version which fits into the mythology of Erebus.

cheers.

That's pretty sweet!

But why do you use imageshack instead of CFCs own upload system? It's so slow...

i want a pic to be in a certain position of the post (not attached in the bottom) and i would like to have it as a small preview which you can click to enlarge.

for new units, any chance of warriors for all civs? warriors are like the most noticeable unit for a civ heh
bannor feels so drab after losing their warrior unique graphics, and elohim feels super amazing now and they only even have 2 uniques, but one is a warrior... warriors pack a punch lol

for new units, any chance of warriors for all civs? warriors are like the most noticeable unit for a civ heh
bannor feels so drab after losing their warrior unique graphics, and elohim feels super amazing now and they only even have 2 uniques, but one is a warrior... warriors pack a punch lol

you are completely right about that and we know about it. let me finish the big units and then i will go back to the civs warriors and scouts ;) but it might take a while. but well, the good thing is, you wont get outdated reskins of vanilla units. in the meanwhile try sheaim, they got 4 new units :)

hey seZereth any hope of a new Lunatic model...it is one of the most interesting unit but it seems just a Maceman reskin.

hehe :) it is just a reskinned maceman, i think roland applied morrowwind texture to him, back in the old days :)
I dont like to dissappoint you, but there are a lot of units which have to get a new outfit. but i have to stick to my priority list. especially because i dont have a striking idea for the lunatic right now. if he is so interesting, then he deserves a great model, which should be done when the inspiration and creativity for it is there.
(would really really like to have the time to work a lot more on FfH :( )

hey seZereth any hope of a new Lunatic model...it is one of the most interesting unit but it seems just a Maceman reskin.

Yeah, Lunatic is a unit that I would really love to redo, but like Sez have said, there are a lot to do before to redo the old reskins to brand new models :D

just curious... what exactly are the units that are on your todo list currently?

you are completely right about that and we know about it. let me finish the big units and then i will go back to the civs warriors and scouts ;) but it might take a while. but well, the good thing is, you wont get outdated reskins of vanilla units. in the meanwhile try sheaim, they got 4 new units :)

ya been havin lots of fun playin the half nakid boys who want everything destroyed (they started with their clothes!) :p
cant wait for more girls tho, and hope kael doesn't call them too skimpy.. damn double standards! lol

just curious... what exactly are the units that are on your todo list currently?

the 4 horsemen (working on buboes right now) and then Sphener. After that i will have to see if I go on with Wood and Clockwork golem or something else.

Well it would be possible but I doubt it will look like you imagine - civ has really too few frames to make that kind of impressive effects during a runsequence. Anything idle/fidget can produce cool effects but if you want a horsemen flying during the runsequences it will just look like jumping(or stand in the air during idle - flying all the time)
I wanted to have Hyborem flying during moves but gave up on this. Sphener will have to be in the air all the time or not fly at all.

how many frames per second does CIV use?

Top Bottom