FfH2 Bug Thread

I don't think it makes any difference. HN units, as far as I know, cannot enter hostile/neutral cities even if there are no defenders. HN Shadows too. Otherwise, you would have that exploit the OP noted.

OK.. as this is a bug a friend of mine (who I have infected with FfH fever) has found, I confused things up abit.
He first declares nationality, then attacks a dummy unit (worker or weak unit) and then moves into the hostile city displacing the defender.

I will try to whip up a savegame.

EDIT:

OK, I just clicked me through a game on easiest setting, beelining shadows and could reproduce the bug.

In the savegame, a shadow is conveniently located next to a balseraph worker who is next to a balseraph city. Now I did:
1) Attack the worker
2) Declare Nationality
3) Enter the city, displacing all defenders
4) Take the city with a horseman located to the north.

This guy used this possibility to score a religious victory with the grigori.

Attachments

• shadow bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    110 KB · Views: 160
Yes, I don't know if it has always been this way, but as of Patch s, Invisible HN units CAN enter enemy cities, and/or share tiles with enemy units, if and only if they have already attacked that turn (and don't have blitz, obviously). This is why the bug is possible.

I feel that rather than fixing the specific bug, the whole ability to move into a tile occupied with enemies should be removed, if it's feasible. Otherwise you open the door to future bugs and exploits (like Shadows getting increased healing rates by hanging out in enemy cities).

I don't know if it can happen in this version of FfH, but in the previous version, I had a spider with a 40 turn heal rate or something that I set to heal. The AI created a city on top of the spider. Said spider healed up nicely/quickly :)

Just pointing out that there are still ways to make this happen, without restricting hidden HN movement to tiles occupied by the AI. Unless AI units moving on top of your HN hidden unit caused it to "flee" which could be annoying.

What are you going to do after patch z? aa?

I don't know if it can happen in this version of FfH, but in the previous version, I had a spider with a 40 turn heal rate or something that I set to heal. The AI created a city on top of the spider. Said spider healed up nicely/quickly :)

Just pointing out that there are still ways to make this happen, without restricting hidden HN movement to tiles occupied by the AI. Unless AI units moving on top of your HN hidden unit caused it to "flee" which could be annoying.

That's the way it used to be - a unit landing on your HN invisible unit would cause it to move off the tile. You could attack it next turn.

One other thing I have noticed with HN Shadows. Without Blitz, you can attack one unit. If you survive the attack and have movement pts. you can move to a tile with other units on it and THEY will move away. I guess so you don't have those Shadows on the same tile.

Of course, when you have built Nox Noctis you can easily have other units on the same tile as your unit whether it is HN or not.

I didn't know about the change allowing HN units to enter cities.

Ok. I have a caravel. On this caravel is a hunter. There is an island I want to explore. The island is covered by burning sands/flames. The hunter cannot get off of the ship onto the land. Is that a bug or intensional?

Ok. I have a caravel. On this caravel is a hunter. There is an island I want to explore. The island is covered by burning sands/flames. The hunter cannot get off of the ship onto the land. Is that a bug or intensional?

If the tile has fire in, only certain units are able to enter that tile.

What are you going to do after patch z? aa?

Bundle it with the main installer, call it 0.41, and start from A again I think would be better.

I see. Is there any way to find out which units?

As a cosmetic issue, it should probably say "Cannot enter Flames" on the unit description.

Hmmmm that seems really odd. It means 1) I can't attack my enemies, since none of my units have fire resist, and none of the ones I looked at can get it ever. 2) My enemies cant improve their cities, since workers dont have fire resist.

Hmmmm that seems really odd. It means 1) I can't attack my enemies, since none of my units have fire resist, and none of the ones I looked at can get it ever. 2) My enemies cant improve their cities, since workers dont have fire resist.

Fire resist can be gotten via magic resistence which comes off of.. combat 3 if i recall correctly.

Anyhow, you can also put out the fires by casting the level 1 water spell Spring, or you can flat out sanctify the land with ... Sanctify (Level 1 life spell).

Patch 0.40t (unreleased, patch t will break save games)
1. Fixed an error in the Holy Child event.
2. Started the great code review (simplification/removal of unnessesary code).
3. Pacifism loses the +1 gold cost per military unit, and gains a -20% military production modifier.
4. Events that target and spawn wont promote both units (ie: the enchanter event wont give enchantment 1 to both the spawned unit and the axeman/swordsman).

Just a thought on 4 here. Getting the Enchantment 1 promotion was kind of pointless on the axe/swordsman, but I just played a game with Amurites and Govannon's teaching the Dwarf Axeman how to cast spells let that little guy run all around my empire, enchanting melee units right and left - all while I had no Enchantment mana in my arsenal.

That's something unlikely to come up very often, but I thought it was pretty neat.

Just a thought on 4 here. Getting the Enchantment 1 promotion was kind of pointless on the axe/swordsman, but I just played a game with Amurites and Govannon's teaching the Dwarf Axeman how to cast spells let that little guy run all around my empire, enchanting melee units right and left - all while I had no Enchantment mana in my arsenal.

That's something unlikely to come up very often, but I thought it was pretty neat.

If Govanon did not have Enchantment I, that was a bug, and it is nice it is corrected. If Govannon did have enchantment I, then he would have taught the unit anyway, so no problem here.

Something rather random. Might be more of an oversight then a bug but...

Ride of the Nine Kings does not accept nightmares as a replacement for horses, unlike every other horse requiring thing I can think of.

Not sure if this is cosmetic or a bug, but if you try to attack a ship with a unit that is able to walk on water (say, a Cultist), you can't see your combat percentages before doing so (neither the GOTO button nor the holding-ALT-down method work).

Not sure if anyone has noticed this or if it just this particular instance, but I created a game as the Hippus and the World Spell had a wierd "/link" text in the descriptive text. I will load the game and get a screenshot if it is a big deal, but I was wondering if this was common or not. :/

Not sure if anyone has noticed this or if it just this particular instance, but I created a game as the Hippus and the World Spell had a wierd "/link" text in the descriptive text. I will load the game and get a screenshot if it is a big deal, but I was wondering if this was common or not. :/

It's an error in the pedia, they missed the [ from it. :p

Wasn't sure whether to list this in the cosmetic thread or not, but:

At the moment, Unique Features are spawning in places they aren't meant to (example - Letum Frigus on grass hills/desert.) Also, treasure chests can spawn on the same square as a unique feature.

Attachments

• letumhill.JPG
    letumhill.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 185
  • tombchest.JPG
    tombchest.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 153
Top Bottom