warcraft mod

Ideas for rituals:

Pact of Xavius, giving the completing civ a few satyr units. This should probably only be available to evil civs, assuming you're keeping FFH's alignment system.
Blood of Mannoroth, giving all units of that civ a Fel Taint promotion, a small strength boost and chance to become enraged. Maybe applying to all units created by that civ afterwards too.
Call of the Firelord, to basically turn your civ into a sorta fire elemental civ. You'd still be able to build all your old civ units/buildings, but could also have fire themed unit choices, e.g. fire elementals, core hounds, flamewakers. Also, this ritual would create Ragnaros (held) in the city that finished the ritual. Maybe to balance out the power and versatility of having new unit choices, your normal unit choices would be created with the Weak promotion, to show that they are enslaved.
Alternatively, if you want to have a set of late-game summonable civs like the Infernals/Mercurians, you could use this ritual to summon a separate fire elemental civ. Not sure what civ you could have to oppose them though, since the water elementals don't really have a true presence on Azeroth, they just hire adventurers to do their dirty work for them.

Hey guys, I've been looking into starting a Warcraft mod myself, and I hadn't known there was one already started XD Do you guys need anyone to help out with stuff? I know how to do some basic Xml modding, unit skins, as well as merging animations of the units. I'm also an extremely experienced WoW player (Beta, 4 years of near continous playing up until a few months after WotLK), so I know a ton about the lore, world, and stuff in it.

And this upcoming school semester I'll be taking a 3D Modelling class, so hopefully after some of that I can help make brand new models for the units (Thats what my college degree is going towards actually)

I already have a ton of ideas for some of the basics, though I haven't quite yet put a ton of thought into events and such.

if can someone tell me a site where to upload i can send you the stuff, i have only to complete the xml of some file, the python and some icons
the audio i want to add after the beta testing

Well you might simply be able to send it through email, I'm not sure what the maximum size file you can attach. If it's too big for that.. I'm not entirely sure where you could upload it.

Though if you can, can you send me an email (or notepad file) explaining what you've done so far? I'd rather know that right now than see the new unit / building models and such.

Google Code maybe?

Sorry for a little bit necromancy here folks, but I am really curious.

@ americo
I got this pic here from your previous Starcraft and Warcraft thread. May I ask ?where did you get the base unit which I put in red rectangle? Or perhaps, would you be kind enough to release the unit? I think we can use (and reskinned a little bit) the unit to solve our Lamian Problem TM :lol:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0061.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0061.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 1,031
Just a comment for the OP.

What you may want to consider is doing something completely different. :)

Would a WoW mod be fun to play? What about the WoW milieu contributes towards an interesting game in CivIV?

Now, if you take WoW and simply port it over to CivIV, does it bring anything with it that is "special?" Not really. So, you have to bring in some more concepts. I see you are doing that. But, do those really bring anything "unique" to the gameplay experience?

That's one reason why FFH2 is so successful - It is unique in the realm of CivIV mods. There are all sorts of game mechanics that are "different" in FFH2. FFH2 saturates CivIV with its flavor for ultimate fantasy gaming goodness. :) So, how does one go about doing that with a WoW mod?

I have a suggestion, of course.. ;)

First of all, remove yourself from CivIV GroupThink. Wipe the CivIV Mod Developer's Rules of Conduct and Mod Construction off the table. Start with a blank slate which is only dictated by the engine you have to work with. The engine is your canvas and your imagination is your brush.

I would start off by focusing on the same things that WoW focuses on - Character development. It is a game driven by unique fictional characters weaving a story and is played by people looking to develop their own characters and stories as well. So, I would stay away from the Civ-Driven aspect and try to recreate more of a roleplaying feel of characters in a fairly dynamic but also very stable setting.

Copy/Paste the Azeroth map. :) Basically, start off with all the major cities in their normal Azerothian locations. Affiliate them with their normal civs. Develop them as "factions."

The "player" starts as a settler of a specific race. But, within the civ engine, he actually only starts with an alliance with the civilization/race he chooses. The civs are not really playable and his choice only truly selects his unit graphics and start conditions/location. The player founds an Adventurer's Guildhall instead of a "city." There's enough room on an Azeroth Map for the player to have a good selection of terrain and room to grow. But, the player is primarily interested in furthering his own adventuring career and advancing the status of his chosen faction. Guildhalls "act" like cities but, for flavor, their improvements are focused on maintaining the illusion they are small keeps. "workers" become fieldhands, scullery maids, whatever.. For military units, the player is focused early in the game on building various henchmen types which should be fairly weak compared to non-playable civs standard guard units. But, they're strong enough to protect the keep from barbarians and very weak NPC units. The player's true intent is to develop a well flushed out raiding party, complete with all classes of necessary units that have good "synergies" which allow them to take on increasingly difficult tasks, eventually assaulting capitals of opposing factions and killing their "anchored" Hero/Leader units within. The Player Characters are reached by tech advances and there's a broad selection of classes to choose from, each with their own tweaks and promotion lines. These are similar to "heroes" as they exist in FFH2. "Out of the box" they're much stronger than most NPC units they'd be attacked by but, significantly weaker than NPC City Guardsman and Epic Dungeon guardians. Their goal is to gain promotions, attain other classes to provide synergies and obtain gear and equipment from dungeons, barbs, lower level NPCs maybe even trading/markets or.. tradeskills.. :)

The Unplayable Civs exist to provide backstory and focus for the game. Essentially, they play their own game of standard Civilization IV. The exception is that they have strong "anchored" static defensive units but, fairly week mobile units comparable to midstrength player "henchmen." This gives the player something to fear early on and allows for wars but doesn't promote one civ conquering another without player assistance. It also doesn't present a significant "aggravation" problem later in the game as those formerly feared units become exp opportunities. Give Civs some "hero" types to wander within their own borders and present a challenge to any of the player's units that find themselves in borders where they are "KoS."

The goal is to "roleplay" a Guild. There are "dungeons" which use the dungeon mechanic. Epic dungeons, random encounters, etc.. It should also be possible to respawn dungeons or have a small, random, dungeon tile improvement pop up from time to time to keep the player interested. Epic dungeons pop their primary guardian according to game lore with a random assortment of magic drops. Types of victories would have to be re-written from standard FFH2 settings but, I don't see a problem with that. "Collection" victories would be achieving a "set" of magic drops that allowed a godlike hero promotion. Domination would be one of the more difficult but, it would consist of conquering all the cities of a non-player civ. The player's diplomacy is not focused on matters of State but, instead, focused on raising their faction far enough to gain special "perks" or access to specific dungeons. Perhaps when their reputation is high enough, they can go to a capital city and enter a "trade" screen where they can buy potions, promotions(spells/proficiencies), equipment or even tradeskills for their units?

There's a lot more to this idea then I'm writing. But, you get the gist of it, I hope. The idea is to "port" WoW to CivIV, not stamp CivIV with just a bit of WoW flavor. Sure, creating something like what I describe would be very involving and time-consuming. But, nothing that is really worth doing is always easy, is it?

Thanks for reading. :)

here you are the unit requested, for now the mod making is in pause, i have to finish myu examinations

Attachments

• ward.rar
    212.9 KB · Views: 195
here you are some screenshots. i'm fixing the python

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 2,116
  • Civ4ScreenShot0073.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0073.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 393
the mod is stable but there are a lot of things to fix, i'll post it so i can use your help

Top Bottom