First Impressions

I have seen no Bugs in G+K that weren't in the patch from last week. Did notice that the points towards Great General did not start until I started the honour policy tree.
At least two perks from policy the free settler being one have been moved to the next slot, the other slips my memory at this time.:blush:
The promotions survivalism I and II now each gives a Scout +5 heal and + 25% defense, ( be advised that the increse to 100 hit points means this is the same gain as Vanilia's 1 heal for survivalism I and 50% defense for II.
One thing that might irritate people is Faith points you will need 30 to found a Pantheon and 600 more for a Great Prophet which is the next level.
I played thru 2250 bc on Marathon before saving and posting this thread.

Moderator Action: Merged with existing thread.

It seems much easier to be friends now. I was Sweden, and had tight relationships with both Ethiopia and the Maya, even though they were the two most powerful and I was the weakest, as well as the fact that I was right next to them. Such a nice change.

Oh good.

AI now remember trades.

They will
- Renew gold for lux deals (240 gold for a lux)
- Renew lux for lux deals (same lux as before)
- Renew gpt for lux deals (they will use the exact same gpt you set up initially ie: 5gpt for a lux because I was selling it cheap, but AI asked for it again -- I didn't try raising my price the 2nd time)
- Suggest gold for open borders (if you've done this before to get cash )

This is a good step, makes the AI interactions more real as they remember how trades were like before. And come back to you to renew without being prompted.

Other things
- Much easier to maintain empire happiness.
- 100 hitpoints means 1 shot battles rarely happen, even if its melee vs. ranged (squishy) units.
-And it's much much easier to stay friends/be friendly now. Sneak attacks still happen, Genghis pulled one on me and had warred several other civs.
- Hostile AI units will now pillage sea tiles (I think it wasn't doing this before)
-I need to relearn the tech tree/wonders and religion.
- City state quests system is neat, they start giving you quests after you meet. This makes early exploring important
- I allied /friended CS just playing my game normally
- The easiest quests are 'faith' 'culture' 'science' ; they basically give you 25 or 30? turns to beat out another civ on 1 of those 3 dimensions. They compare your civ on amount of culture, science, faith generated in total during those turns. If you end up producing the most after the timer is up, you a big influence boost. It's a nice way to light a fire and boost production of certain aspects of your empire, and you can nab several CS influence just going for culture.

Liking it so far.

Too bad I have work tomorrow.

AI seems much better with navies, both with amphibious attacks and the navies themselves. That said, Carthage is an amazing early rusher. Starting with a harbor and selecting god of the sea pantheon belief gives massive production bonuses, which I used to pump out their unique navy unit and the African elephant. Only happiness slowed me down, which is slightly easier to come by.

Too bad I have work tomorrow.

I'm working 16 hours in a row and all i can do is read all these threads :cry:

But i will have to sleep after...then work again :(

Gawd i want to play this game! Why i'm so masochist? Yeah that's right...for money...stupid money :mad:

Tech tree is slow. On Emperor, by Turn 280, I should be blazing through Stealth and atomic theory.

Now I'm barely struggling to get to WW2 Infantry, my runaway rival Austria... jeez, you better watch out for her she loves buying up all the city-states and turning them into production cities. Anyways at one point she got fed up with me stealing her superior techs, and she DOWed, and we've been going at it for hundreds of years. She is now in Atomic Era, I am still in Modern. :(

e: cities that aren't below low red line are tough to take, even if you have a full str unit.

e2: Bismarck, of all people, was the one who warned me about Austrian DOW.

e3: I love Ethiopia. Thanks to Austrian runaway with so many cities, I have that 25% combat bonus and its been a godsend so far in dealing with her modern/atomic units and cities.

Oh god. Really? That sucks :(

Well, I can't say for certain on that given that I just started on my own continent, but that didn't stop runaway Austria from getting fed up with my espionage/denouncement/dunsettleus/dunspyus combo and declaring war. So far I've been able to manage her petty invasions, but there comes a point where I'll be facing mech infs and nukes.

I just don't like that at all.

e: Austrian Keshiks and Minutemen. On a map without America or Mongolia.

e2: Ironclads are melee ships now. Melee ships apparently can run over embarked units, but they lose all movement points after that. Also AI will now bombard your embarked stuff (lose an artillery to Austrian Gatling Gun that way)

Man, no matter what thread I read, I like nearly all the improvements on the game big time! Want to play it too :-(

Hell yeah, Privateers are awesome. I enjoyed (mis)using them in the Conquest of New World scenario, and am glad that they included it in this expansion.

I almost had a modern battleship taken by one of my Privateers, but alas the AI knows how to focus fire brutally.:eek:

Some screenshots

Just before our hundreds year war

Spoiler :

Bismarck mein freund

Spoiler :

What happens if you tell them to stop spying when they are "hostile" neutral

Spoiler :

She was buying up all the CSes around the world, turning them into production cities to churn out huge armies.

Logical conclusion:

Spoiler :

There will be no peace until you give us a Versailles and everything you own

Spoiler :

Her cities that were all city-states who were married to some Austrian Prince or Princess

Spoiler :

The new ideology mechanic

Spoiler :

More Versailles

Spoiler :

Me preparing for coalition war (with friend-Carthage) against the Prussian:

Spoiler :

e: Pikemen now upgrade into Lancers instead of Riflemen

just one more turn, just got 6 hours in, very pleased so far. Will leave more feedback tomorrow, I mean later today. damn straight addict. Byzantium is a beast, deff. my new fav civ. You get a boost in religion as well as a nice mounted UU, and a boat that spits fire, sold!

P.S. 200 turns in still haven't had war declared on me(currently at war with Alexander but that is because I have a defensive pact with England, and Askia) This would of never happened pre-expansion. The AI still once in a while swings from really loving you to hating you but not nearly as much as before. Wu Zetian also told me Dido was plotting against me, Carthage is my neighbor so this helped, i quickly denounced her. As others have mentioned having some gold issues. I producing like 50 faith a turn, my religion spread very quick due to the beliefs I chose. Just don't know what to do with excess Great Prophets, ok I'm ranting now, goodnight at 6:23 AM EST! :crazyeye:

Two questions.

1. How much of an impact does religion have on the diplomacy? How important is it when forming diplomatic blocks and how long does it take to set-up and have an influence on diplomacy?

2. Is Espionage the disappointment that some of us feared it would be? Is stealing techs and plans everything you can do with it?

Well, I can't say for certain on that given that I just started on my own continent, but that didn't stop runaway Austria from getting fed up with my espionage/denouncement/dunsettleus/dunspyus combo and declaring war. So far I've been able to manage her petty invasions, but there comes a point where I'll be facing mech infs and nukes.

I just don't like that at all.

e: Austrian Keshiks and Minutemen. On a map without America or Mongolia.

e2: Ironclads are melee ships now. Melee ships apparently can run over embarked units, but they lose all movement points after that. Also AI will now bombard your embarked stuff (lose an artillery to Austrian Gatling Gun that way)

Haha. Well it looks like you did everything possible to tick her off! Out of interest, what diff is this? Thinking I might go back down to King when I get the XP to get a feel for everything.

The random UUs is a bit weird though. Does this mean that 'married' Militaristic CSs still dole out units?

Two questions.

1. How much of an impact does religion have on the diplomacy? How important is it when forming diplomatic blocks and how long does it take to set-up and have an influence on diplomacy?

2. Is Espionage the disappointment that some of us feared it would be? Is stealing techs and plans everything you can do with it?

1. Haven't tried this out much yet - I was spreading faith with missionaries to a empire that had no religion of its own or any core cities in range of the other major religions, and it didn't seem to influence them much (Austria - completely neutral until I did some espionage boogabaloo and she was hostile as heck)

2/ Steal techs, wait for spy to discover a nefarious plot or two... and view what their cities are producing.

Spoiler :

Haven't tried to rig a CS myself, given Austrian marriage of all the city-states and then DOWing me.

City states are a lot more fun. It is easy to get some influence with them because there are more quests, but you still need to put on some extra effort to get to allied status. And then of course you have to watch out that the AI doesn't commit a coup, like they did to me 2 turns or so after I dropped 500 gold on Bucharest.

Haha. Well it looks like you did everything possible to tick her off! Out of interest, what diff is this? Thinking I might go back down to King when I get the XP to get a feel for everything.

The random UUs is a bit weird though. Does this mean that 'married' Militaristic CSs still dole out units?

Emperor

I'm not sure about that gifting shtick, it could have been from before when she was friends/allies with them. It was a lot of Keshiks, only one Minuteman though (got butchered by one of my first gatlings)

Yeah its good idea to dial down difficulty. The techs are longer and as a lot have been saying, raw science is pretty important than ever.

All good stuff.

(and yea, I should have moved my spy and kept a low profile with Maria lol)

e: religion overview screenie

Spoiler :

Can someone tell me the state of Songhai's ability as well as the status of the buildings that replaced Temples (Mud Temple Mosque and Burial Tomb)? Thanks :)

Top Bottom