I've lost a map script...

Azhral

Let's get Tactical!
So I found a MapScript a while back that I really liked, but only played a couple of games on it. Now I can't remember what it was, and every script I've tried since has failed to replicate what I was playing on. No idea if I still have the script on my machine, but figured I'd check so see if any of you can figure it out.

It was similar to Erebus in that there were lots of peaks that formed into nice ridgelines that made some sweet canyons, and it also seemed to have a height-map so there were no poles. The map was not a globe, as I remember reaching the top edge of the map. I'm not sure if it wrapped but it was definitely a flat map. I remember a larger sea / ocean perhaps on the left side, but I don't know if it was a fixed thing. I also remember regenerating the map quite a few times and getting consistent results so I don't think this was a one-off good luck roll.

Maps I know that it isn't:
  • Erebus
  • MountainCoast - Sounds a lot like what I described above, but this is the other map I play lots.
  • Global Highlands

Maps I've failed to replicate what I've described in, but am not sure if the settings are wrong:
  • Highlands - Pretty sure it isn't this one
  • Erebus Continents - Can't get a flat map, is always a globe
  • World of Erebus - Also can't get to render a flat map
  • Tectonics - Most of the settings are globes but I can't seem to get enough mountains going on in the flat ones (although Mediterranean is still pretty good)
  • PerfectWorld - Tried all the versions I can find, but still always get globe maps

So does anybody perhaps have any idea what I'm on about?

Cheers Gecko. It isn't Strategea, not enough peaks, but that's a nice mapscript anyways.

Will trawl through the list of all scripts when I find some time.

Top Bottom