Turn Discussion Thread II - Turns 51-100

I agree with BL, the longer this goes on, the more we are screwed, i guess some sort of suprise blitzkrieg against one of them is the only way.
Poll might be a good idea though.

I agree with BL, the longer this goes on, the more we are screwed, i guess some sort of suprise blitzkrieg against one of them is the only way.
Poll might be a good idea though.

*edit*

Forumfail, plz ignore/remove

I glanced through a thread today mentioning that discovering new metals through mines works even if you are not working the mine anymore, even if the mine is not in any BFC.

Hmm, if this is true, we have more uses for our FWs.

the fastest way to reach pacal is via a chariot taking the straight land route. we cant be blocked either;)

-> the trireme should stay home and protect our lines to the central continent. if we are cut from our city there with the horses, its game over. we need to establish a firm landhold there, getting more cities out then Q and attack them within the next 30-50 turns with numbers.

-> my 2 cents:
play nice, try to reach pacal via the landroute, get 3-4 strong cities up on then central continent, grow them, go police state at a certain point and start unit spam

only thing we need to do DOW before Q reaches maces or lbs. but in my opinion they will lean back and research wonder and peace techs thinking we are beaten already. let them bleed and pay later for that:D

-> this game isnt over. it just turned into a game where we can neglect economy and builder/wonder techs. in the military race we are far from beaten:)... ...lets show the allies what we are capable of i´d say

-> stop diplo with the allies, or send fake messages with please for trades or help, to hide our gearing up for war...

We can not reach Pacal by horses. The land-mass is split into smaller sections. We would have to bring a galley over to the other sides to load/unload our horses onto the neighbouring continent(s).

I see no real alternative but to continue moving our trireme out to the other side of the world in the shortest path possible. I am going to head through the centre of the land-masses which should more closely resemble a strait line.

We can not reach Pacal by horses. The land-mass is split into smaller sections. We would have to bring a galley over to the other sides to load/unload our horses onto the neighbouring continent(s).

I see no real alternative but to continue moving our trireme out to the other side of the world in the shortest path possible. I am going to head through the centre of the land-masses which should more closely resemble a strait line.

:goodjob: sounds good to me then

If the first trireme is on find Pacal duty, we should definitely get a second trireme up for coastal defense. If we're going to be in a 'phony' war, we better at least have some way of protecting our coastline.

We can't get another trireme out just now. We have barb problems and need to explore for iron deposites. Horses next, as soon as I can finish our horse-patch without getting over-run by more barbs.

Approximately how long to reach Pacal and how long to research IW-Writing-Alpha? Is that our plan? Should we speculate on what Pacal's been researching? If they've done Alpha themselves, it's a waste, but if they're going towards Construction or something already, we should really get Alpha...

Turn 73 --> 1080 BC

• Workers try to work horses
  • Ge-Farm switches to settler
  • (We re-work some plots to improve speeds)

Turn 74 --> 1040 BC

• Capital Whips Settler
  • Workers abandon horses and road to a forest instead (barb problems)

* Special Note: Looks like the cannals all terminate so far. We MAY be able to meet up with Pacal with horses after all...

It seams that central part of the star continent is desert, so hopefully no one will make a rush to it, withholding land route. And looks like there is LOADS of jungle, so everyone will need some time to grow their cities, that is not all that bad for us!

How long to get a chariot out for scouting? Do we need to send a pair? Doesn't seem likely they'll have a land-route block set up, but it would be fairly easy to do with two civs collaborating.

Is the trireme gonna scout the center or head right back?

Well guys, I have no idea where to settle our next settler this turn...

Could we get couple of screen shots? With all the viable options for settling?

We should wait on turn on settling until we know where iron (if any) is. I'd tentatively load it onto a galley in the event the iron is overseas. For this particular turn, we shouldn't settle anywhere. And screenshots of our immediate surroundings would be a huge help.

Ironworking is in. After looking all over the map, I only see it in one place. Where to settle now?

Good thing we didn't settle on that hill! ;) 2 West of the improved rice tile ensures that every single resource tile on our island is in the BFC of a city and also has fresh water access so that looks pretty good. Unless we want 2 more cities on the home island in which case we're better off settling to the north...

Good thing we didn't settle on that hill! ;) 2 West of the improved rice tile ensures that every single resource tile on our island is in the BFC of a city and also has fresh water access so that looks pretty good. Unless we want 2 more cities on the home island in which case we're better off settling to the north...

looking at the current situation, 3 cities strong on the home island seems fine to me. we need to grab land agressively on the central continent and gear up for war, with the other settlers...

-> my vote for 2 west of the island:goodjob:

i hope we still have 1 worker on our home island... ...cause i dont see him. now we need 1 worker home, to connect the iron and to farm the last rice + mine the gems. this 3rd city should also get the forests premined (on the hills), and those on the flat land prechopped. if we can get the appo, would be great for us...

Top Bottom