Turn Discussion Thread II - Turns 51-100

I feel guilty not taking Snaat'y's spot... but even if we could get hindu auto-spread there right away that's 10 turns for a border pop.

40 hammers per missionary is just too much right now.

BTW, I will tell Willem all deals for machinery are off, should I ask if they want to sell techs to us for half price? What if we research animal husbandry?

I feel guilty not taking Snaat'y's spot... but even if we could get hindu auto-spread there right away that's 10 turns for a border pop.

40 hammers per missionary is just too much right now.

BTW, I will tell Willem all deals for machinery are off, should I ask if they want to sell techs to us for half price? What if we research animal husbandry?

the other city is better on the short run, and thats what counts right now.

for the machinery deal:
simply tell them that we have to delay machinery some turns, i want to see IF the offer a deal for it
or tell them nothing at all, they havent offered a deal so far for us...

Turn 68 --> 1280 BC

• Settler loads into Galley, etc.
  • Workers move and pre-chop on new lands
  • GE-Farm rushes Mids
  • Capital puts OF into Forge
  • We target spy vs Hannibal again to gain tech info

I am already pre-chopping on the new main-land, so we get a wb in the new city as soon as it's founded. The settler moved in the galley this turn, so next turn it unloads, and the turn after that it settles and already has a WB finished in the que.

I will try to rapid-expand that chunk of land toward Carthage. Puts us quite a bit closer to his capital, hehe.

I am already pre-chopping on the new main-land, so we get a wb in the new city as soon as it's founded. The settler moved in the galley this turn, so next turn it unloads, and the turn after that it settles and already has a WB finished in the que.

I will try to rapid-expand that chunk of land toward Carthage. Puts us quite a bit closer to his capital, hehe.

:goodjob: nice work then

I'm working on the Sandkasten and getting very familiar with the map, and it looks like 1S of that "DEAD MAN'S ISLAND" marker will be a nice city spot. It would get 3 flood plains, 1 clam and all 3 of those desert hills, which surely holds some kind of awesome treasure :)

I peeked in the next turn. Cyrus just finished / got Metal Casting. We should gift it free to willem now I think. He'll get it free anyway, at least this way Cyrus may wonder if something is up. Who knows... could get us some brownie points.

We will also have contact with Ragnar next turn, assuming Carthage doesn't DoW on us. Carthage just founded their next city, looks like some emergency block because it is right pressed up against culture by Ragnar. Not sure what happened there, but I sense a possible war in the future between them. I wonder if we should co-ordinate an attack, but that will run into other problems with us fighting over who get's Carthage's capital, etc.

Alright... here's what I was talking about...

When we meet Ragnar, could you post the tech trade screen? We should probably work on putting together a deal with them if possible.

I'm good with one of their players(robi d). As soon as we officially meet them i can send a note, just let me know if you have any ideas what do we need.

I'm good with one of their players(robi d). As soon as we officially meet them i can send a note, just let me know if you have any ideas what do we need.

Iron Working and Alphabet are big priorities I would imagine, as well as their diplomatic state -- who are they getting along with -- are they at war... have they met Pacal... basically anything we can learn to possible forge a reliable alliance.

If it is possible to contact Ragnar AND move the workboat into Q's city, I'd prefer to do that -- see some more inland tiles, and potentially the resource they are fighting over.

the score indicates that the top 3 nations are working toghether in techs. if ragnar isnt in that alliance, then we should try to get ANY deal, whatever it is. same goes for pacal

with the 3 allies we cant hope to trade anytime soon, so i second the fact:

try to deal with ragnar first turn we meet. prepare a message. we can offer MC + poly + mono + priest (sorry for short text, not much time...)

It was obvious from me near the start Ragnar isn't in cahoots with Sommer's dictatorship. Hence his very low scoring for most of this time. Anyhow, looks like Carthage is headed for big troubles. The fact he stone-walled us with Sommer means he's going to pay for that in the near future (I hope).

The #1 problem here is that I doubt the other two have Alphabet, and it's quite a ways off.

First, we have to see if Carthage DoWs on us. Maybe we should write some BS letter to carthage asking if they need assistance in a future war vs Ragnar? Let's make the dolts think we are ON THEIR SIDE. I did write extensively early on how we needed to block Ragnar from getting circumnav, etc.... so they may believe it.

This is where our trade routes are coming from this turn:

Top Bottom