The Diplomacy Situation

The Mike

Warlord
I have a message ready to go out to both our neighbors. I will send them shortly. I have some ideas/changes for how we handle diplomacy that I will be posting later in this thread. Most of it is not new; I've mentioned pieces of it in other threads.

Stay tuned.

Good idea to have one specific thread dedicated to the "situation" that we now have found ourselves in. I've had a sinking feeling in my stomach the last few days. We need to find ways to get around the block. First order of business is to meet the other teams ASAP and see where they stand.
After that we have a few options (not the only ones, i'm sure that others have better ideas):
1) Try to get around this diplo block by creating distrust between the other teams to keep it together.
2) Offer some slightly more lopsided deals to get us back in the loop. (This may work well into 1, if people realise that we're having a tech firesale they may want a piece of the action...)
3) Play the "don't mess with the guys with triremes on a water-based map" card.

I think everybody realises that getting back in the loop should be a main priority. If we manage to get the mids soon that's gonna put an even bigger target on our backsides!

1) Try to get around this diplo block by creating distrust between the other teams to keep it together.

Yes, I'd like to get the others to dis-trust each other. We may want to even forge fraudulent e-mails... :p We could also, ACCIDENTALY send an e-mail to the wrong party, leaking out certain issues (hint, hint)...

Early diplomacy does not seem to be going well. While it is certainly not time to panic, we need to identify what is not working and make corrections.

I would like diplomacy to be a more distributed effort like it has in the last couple of days. Our responses have been slow to both Quatronia and AMAZON, and I take responsibility for that. Real life gets in the way, but I should be more vocal when I cannot give diplomatic issues my immediate attention.

I would like to organize a team of diplomats, including myself, KingMorgan, ahmedhadzi and anyone else that is willing to volunteer.

Of particular interest is the individuals that have played with, or are acquainted with members of other teams. These "dotted lines", or informal means of communication are great ways of keeping the relationship current. No official business needs to be discussed, just a hello and civ-small talk, but be genuine, not mechanical. Make (poop) jokes and ask questions too. Ask if they had any questions about our last message. Ask what their biggest needs are. Ask about their goals. Ask how we can help them. It also helps to talk to them about what you think they've done well.

It would also be helpful to have multiple bodies continue to check the team email. Previous messages have been a bit slow and that's my fault. Lets continue to have more people checking the inbox, as well as drafting responses and messages.

Thoughts? Volunteers? Insults?

Your assessment is bang on. Sadly it can be who you know, not what; at least to get the foot in the door so to speak.

We need to meet Sirius before really ramping up out diplo efforts, Lord Parkin and the rest of team Sirius will make valuble allies if we can get them onside, i'm hoping once we meet we can persude them to form a 3 team allience including the Amazons.

Top Bottom