Download, installation instructions & troubleshooting

do you have G&K ?

and the "fall patch" ?

Moderator Action: moved 2 posts related to crash to the bug report thread

posted this in steam workshop but

The game crashed every time I clicked on mod in the main menu so I verified the game files integrity and it fixed 2 issues. So then I think I either resubscribed or subscribed to the data and core mod files but whichever the case I already had older versions of at least the core files. So I tried to play using the old data files (v 3) and the current core file (v 34) and It told me various files were missing and when I clicked through those messages and clicked start it said to activate the data files in the mod folder. So then I deleted both the old files and "reset" the download by unsubscribing and resubscribing before launching the game but the data files didn't start downloading. So I redid the "reset" process and subscribed while the game was running and the game crashed again either when I click on mods in the main menu or am already in the mod menu and it begins to download.

Sorry for the long paragraph but I don't know which parts are important.

posted this in steam workshop but

The game crashed every time I clicked on mod in the main menu so I verified the game files integrity and it fixed 2 issues. So then I think I either resubscribed or subscribed to the data and core mod files but whichever the case I already had older versions of at least the core files. So I tried to play using the old data files (v 3) and the current core file (v 34) and It told me various files were missing and when I clicked through those messages and clicked start it said to activate the data files in the mod folder. So then I deleted both the old files and "reset" the download by unsubscribing and resubscribing before launching the game but the data files didn't start downloading. So I redid the "reset" process and subscribed while the game was running and the game crashed again either when I click on mods in the main menu or am already in the mod menu and it begins to download.

Sorry for the long paragraph but I don't know which parts are important.
You can't play v.34 with data v.3

I don't know what's wrong in the installation process here, normally cleaning the cache and deleting the files related to R.E.D. WWII in the mod folder should solve everything.

If it doesn't only Firaxis/Steam could help, but there is one last method of installation, after cleaning the cache and the mod folder, download the mod manually (see the third post of this thread) and before launching the game extract the .civ5mod files in separate sub-folders in the civ5 mod's folder, then delete/move out the .civ5mod files.

Well I downloaded the data files manually. I did not know what you meant by
before launching the game extract the .civ5mod files in separate sub-folders in the civ5 mod's folder, then delete/move out the .civ5mod files. so I just tested playing it with manually installed data files and the subscribed core mod files and it worked. However though I have had issues with the game crashing before I have been able to play (In hotseat mode) by reloading the auto saves for each turn and continuing until it crashes again. This time when I reload the auto save for the Europe map after playing as Britain and begging the turn for Russia it crashes every time without me being able to continue.

Hi,
I have download :
R.E.D WWII Data files (v.4)(in MODS), R.E.D WWII EDITIONS (v.35)(in MODS) and R.E.D COMBAT DLL(in CACHE) and when i start the mods (i active DATA FILES and DATA EDITIONS)
On the home page it is written :
Error ; R.E.D DLL is not active ! Launch buttons have been disabled. Please see installation instructions .
Can you help me ?
Sholkey .

in "cache" ? why in "cache" ?

no, see installation instructions if you don't have G+K:

[...] Else download the R.E.D. Combat DLL and extract CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll (using 7zip or another archive manager) in civ5 installation directory (C:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v or wherever you've installed civ5), replacing the original file (remember to make a backup first, but in case of trouble just verify the game files integrity on steam).

[...]

nothing related to the cache folder here.

I dont really know how to made this, i'm not english and i'm not good in informatic.
But thanks for help me

Top Bottom