[MOD] Eusebius World Religions

Hello,

First I'd like to thank you for your interresting mod

I played a game and I had 2 errors (the second occured twice)
Here are the two screenshots

A very cool mod!

My primary criticism is that the end of the game gets too chaotic. I have to spend a few minutes each turn being bombarded by messages about religions spreading and being destroyed.

Also, I feel a bit upset when a city which has been, e.g. Jewish since practically the beginning of time, has its synogogue and monastery destroyed, and then IN THE SAME TURN, Judaism gets reintroduced.

Also some factual discrepancies with real life. As already mentioned, Baha'i is historically dependent upon Islam at least as much as Islam is historically dependent upon Judaism/Christianity.

Furthermore, I have to dispute the claim that "All world religions of over a million people" are represented. Perhaps you got your list from adherents.com, which is reasonable, but the split of Christianity into three seperate religions seems a bit arbitrary. If Catholicism, Protestantism, and (Orthodox) Christianity are three distinct religions, why is Mormonism (~12 million members) not also distinct? It was founded by a new prophet, holds additional texts in its canon, and there has historically been significant violence between Mormons and "gentiles." Likewise, Sunni and Shi'a Islam. I am not familiar enough with the different branches of Buddhism to comment on that debate.

I also found quotes of over 1 million for the following religions, either at adherents.com or religionfacts.com.
Aladura: 1 million
Falun Gong: 3 million+
Vodou: 4 million (or, more generally, African diasporic religions, 100 million)
Rastafarianism: 1 million

Scientology also claims over 1 million, but apparently that claim is based upon distribution of literature, rather than people who profess Scientology as their religion.

gordonthewhale said:
A very cool mod!

My primary criticism is that the end of the game gets too chaotic. I have to spend a few minutes each turn being bombarded by messages about religions spreading and being destroyed.

Also, I feel a bit upset when a city which has been, e.g. Jewish since practically the beginning of time, has its synogogue and monastery destroyed, and then IN THE SAME TURN, Judaism gets reintroduced.

Thanks for the feeback. I agree about endgame. Soon to be released update only allows one religion to spread to a city per turn.

I'll consider info on additional religions when I get to a major update. Shia is represented if you build the "Shrine of Imam Reza". I've been using http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html for my numbers. (Whether Mormanism is Christian or not is much debated in various circles. In any event, it is certainly growing rapidly.)

Eusebius

Swedishguy said:
And Raelism.

Hmmm, I had never heard of this one but Google quickly informed me about it in general. But I have to ask. Any relation to the Genesis rock opera "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" where the central character is named Rael?

Eusebius

i have a bug that takes place on other mods such as fall from heaven 2 and amra's modpack, but noone has been able to help me with: tha game symbols are all messed up. Any suggestions would be helpful as would the warlords .ini configuration of anyone for whom the game works perfectly. see screenshot on

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 154
lovelylittleboy said:
i have a bug that takes place on other mods such as fall from heaven 2 and amra's modpack, but noone has been able to help me with: tha game symbols are all messed up. Any suggestions would be helpful as would the warlords .ini configuration of anyone for whom the game works perfectly. see screenshot on

Somewhere in Python you have a formatted print string that has a '%c' in it--this would be instructing the program to print a single character. I expect that you probably want a '%s' which would tell it to print an entire string.

E.

PS. I don't mind the occasional unrelated post (1970s rock operas for example :crazyeye: ), but let's keep most posts here rleated to the religion mod.

Just released v0.4 of the main mod and a seperate SDK component. Check out posts #1 and #2 in this thread.

Eusebius

Eusebius said:
Somewhere in Python you have a formatted print string that has a '%c' in it--this would be instructing the program to print a single character. I expect that you probably want a '%s' which would tell it to print an entire string.

E.

PS. I don't mind the occasional unrelated post (1970s rock operas for example :crazyeye: ), but let's keep most posts here rleated to the religion mod.

One last thing, i'm glad someone has an idea of what's wrong, but i dont know which specific folder to look in, and it would take ages to find where the %c is. If you could post your version of the folder i would just replace mine with yours and solve the problem more easily. thanks

Whenever I try to run this mod I get a series of errors saying that the techs have been misclassified and the game crashes. What's going wrong (BTW I have redownloaded the mod fresh, so it's not a problem with a corrupted file)?

Sorry to post twice, but could the problem be that I'm not running warlords? Is there a vanilla version somewhere?

T_Khan said:
Sorry to post twice, but could the problem be that I'm not running warlords? Is there a vanilla version somewhere?

Sorry, Mod is Warlords only--that is probably the issue.

Eusebius

A few issues I noticed in a short testgame:

1.I founded Islam very early with a GP I got before any other Religions were founded. Also no Missionary and no Holy city for it.
2.Tradeconnection citybaricons aren't showing.
3.I can build all temples after discovering the required tech without the religionprereq.

-no pythonexceptions this time(yet)

Here a save:

Ploeperpengel said:
A few issues I noticed in a short testgame:

1.I founded Islam very early with a GP I got before any other Religions were founded. Also no Missionary and no Holy city for it.
2.Tradeconnection citybaricons aren't showing.
3.I can build all temples after discovering the required tech without the religionprereq.

-no pythonexceptions this time(yet)

Here a save:

Hmm, I have been trying usuccesfully to recreate this without any luck. Civ4 crashes when I try to load your saved game. I have to wonder if maybe something was corrupt in your environment?

Eusebius

Just put up version 0.41a. If anyone downloaded 0.41 on Friday night 11/3, there was a minor bug which I just fixed. You might want to download again.

Eusebius

Top Bottom