[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

I think, that those can not be used. The units you named are more like unit types suitable for civ-specific unique units. You can have any number of mamelukes, any number of lancers. But there was only one Legio X, only one group of 300 Spartans, only one Bismarck. As I understand the concept, a legendary unit has to be:

1) Real. Some "poetic license" is probably allowed, but no Fictionalization.
2) Not only one specific person like general or spy. This is, what GP and Great generals are for. Unique machines with only one pilot are probably allowed as Red Baron is.
3) Unique. There was only one such unit in whole history - a completelly unique one or an outstandingly legendary instance of a generic unit.

as for the Lancers- I was think Napoleon's Lancers from the Old Guard. Or Even Old Guard Grenadiers. Another option for a UU would be the 95th Baker Rifles from that timeframe.

@phungus420:

Good call on the splitting up the native nations. If you really wana do the iroquois right bernie14 already has 15 different iroquois units from warrior to cavalry. Let me know how in depth you wana go with the new civ and I'll clean up the models (from the pics it looks like only 2 are gona need trimming). One thing though, I thought you had used up all the leader trait combos and didnt want any repeats. Or is my math off?

Should have those bombers working by tomorrow, just got figure out which ones need fixin.

Edit: Almost forgot, what are UU and UB for the Iroquois???

Looks cool, but when I play it always acts as if "Unrestricted Leaders" is checked, regardless of if I'd checked it.

OK, tested this, and it's actually more severe then just that one option. Something is going seriously wrong with game start options, I must have jacked something up when implementing barbarian world. I checked it before, and 0.8 was up for a couple days, figured something like this would have been caught in that time. I wouldn't have started a new thread had I known this was going on :blush:

I'll look back over the barbarian world code changes and see if I can figure anything out. Thanks for reporting this.

Edit: Pretty sure I've figured it out, it's a simple fix, in fact I think I introduced it with 0.8.1, I don't think it was in 0.8.0.... I just tried to move the order of the barbarian world option, so it was under Raging barbarians, but aparently you cannot do this, as it's set in the dll, specifically by the CvEnums.h file. Downloading 0.8.1 now to check it (I want to make sure, as my copy of Legends is full of testing changes), but I should have a fix out within the hour. Just needs simple XML change.

Love the mod. It has really, really fleshed out modern/future combat as well as all the regular wolfschanze stuff.

I've noticed a few bugs while playing on my machine. I turn the textures down to low and half of my units will have a bugged skin. It will keep switching from one skin set for the unit to another civ's. Also the advanced fighter, Ucav, worked fine up until I researched fusion. Once researched, a mech appears to be standing on top(!) of every UCav that is set on intercept. So when my stack of death with 4 carriers has all ucav's on intercept, it isn't a pretty sight.

One thing I've also found lacking in Rev is granting indepence to cities that are on the same continent as you. When you're on a large map it would be amazing to be able to do that.

I'd also love the addition of more future techs, and one or two more resources. The unique units could use some tweaking of course, but they are a great addition as well. One bug I did encounter was another civ building 3 300 spartans all at the same time. It was Mehmet who created them if I remember correctly.

I love the mod, but whenever I encounter any other civilizations, I automatically declare war on them and can't access the diplomacy screen...?

I've noticed a few bugs while playing on my machine. I turn the textures down to low and half of my units will have a bugged skin. It will keep switching from one skin set for the unit to another civ's. Also the advanced fighter, Ucav, worked fine up until I researched fusion. Once researched, a mech appears to be standing on top(!) of every UCav that is set on intercept. So when my stack of death with 4 carriers has all ucav's on intercept, it isn't a pretty sight.

That happened to me when I had "animations frozen" checked, no idea why. Units would switch textures when they weren't being animated (but for some reason, occasionally units would animate even though the option was toggled on). That was in WolfRev a few versions ago, so no idea if this is the same thing.

That happened to me when I had "animations frozen" checked, no idea why. Units would switch textures when they weren't being animated (but for some reason, occasionally units would animate even though the option was toggled on). That was in WolfRev a few versions ago, so no idea if this is the same thing.

That might be due to a large portion of the modded units not having freeze_nifs. Does it happen to any vanilla units??

Kmvoss: do you happen to remember which units appeared to have a bugged skin?

It was happening a lot, to various civ's in my game, with multiple units. I'm thinking of specifics here, and what I can remember was the Maya having the nextwar futuristic tank in place of the dreadnaught ship. I'll have to play another game and note specific textures glitches.

Another thing I remember finding odd was research at the end of the tech tree. It is normal for 70k research required for the end tier of techs on large? That seems pretty crazy high. I had a permanent alliance with elizabeth, we being the most advanced civs at the time, and had a research time of like...26 turns to grab fusion.

I love the mod, but whenever I encounter any other civilizations, I automatically declare war on them and can't access the diplomacy screen...?
This is eather caused by clicking always war, or start as minors as a start game option... Oh, could also be a glitch from the start options bug in 0.8.1... yeah patch to 0.8.2

@kmvoss
Yeah, there definatly will be some graphical issues on lower settings. I need to tweak some things for that... Would really help to get a list of the specific units. As of now, my plan is to scroll through the artdefinesunit file, which is tedious, I tried it yesterday, worked on it for 2 hours, crashed things, and had to restart, it sucks. If I had a list of specific units, would be alot smoother.

@achilleszero
That's strange about bombers, but OK. Will let you know if I notice anything different.

@kmvoss
Yeah, there definatly will be some graphical issues on lower settings. I need to tweak some things for that... Would really help to get a list of the specific units. As of now, my plan is to scroll through the artdefinesunit file, which is tedious, I tried it yesterday, worked on it for 2 hours, crashed things, and had to restart, it sucks. If I had a list of specific units, would be alot smoother.

I'll start a new game and keep a list of what I see.

Yup, patch fixed it. Thanks!

Edit:
Only now I get memory allocation errors when I try to load my game.

Yup, patch fixed it. Thanks!

Edit:
Only now I get memory allocation errors when I try to load my game.

Really? MAFs are generally caused by overloading your memory. Playing too large a map in general for you computer can do this. This problem plagues Wolfshanze and WolfRevolution (as well as other mods) because they have unit art with far too many polys. Though sometimes it can be caused by critical bugs, such as too large of unit buttons. Assuming you aren't playing a huge map on a computer that can't handle it, I'd consier that a critical bug. Any chance you could upload a save and give any information about the MAF? Edit: Oh, I never tested, maybe 0.8.2 breaks save game compatibility with 0.8.1, it shouldn't, but I suppose it might...

Also for anyone interested, I'm waiting on updating the new models from achilleszero and new better looking buttons until I get the Enlightened trait to display it's non state religion culture correctly in the city screen. That's what's causing the delay... And unfortunately I'm stuck at the first part of simply adding the new tag to the XML. If anyone is profficient in the SDK, may be able to help:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=319441

Also once I get that done, I'd really like a new intro screen for 0.9, if any artists out there are interested in having their work used in this mod.

As a curiosity, would it be possible for someone to redo the unit art for the default units so, e.g. the giant earth mod would be easily accessible to more people?

Top Bottom