New Warmonger diplo penalties

What do we know about the new way that the AI treats warmongers? I understand it is now linked to taking cities. What does that mean?

Is the diplo hit for razing/puppetting/annexing?
Does it make a difference if you are the aggressor or just a vindictive "defender"?
Do denunciations affect the diplomatic ramifications of taking cities?
Are city states treated the same as any other city under this system?
Is there still a big penalty for wiping out a civ, or has this been removed with the new system?
How do things like betraying a declaration of friendship or lying about why your units are on the borders affect it?

I unexpectedly had the opportunity to build Terracotta Army on Immortal while next to China who had a sweet capital and was LAST in soldiers on the demographics. I denounced her a couple turns before I was ready and then she noticed my troop deployments a turn before I was ready. I admitted it and declared war. It went well. I'm wondering if I should wipe her out. Declaring war on her pissed off my other neighbor, Haile, who has denounced me. I want some of his cities, too. Is there any point in waiting for him to declare on me, or just go as soon as my forces are ready? There used to be. I don't want to take actions based on outdated assumptions about the AI behavior.

Top Bottom