Self-generating cities WIP

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
See the attached file.

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Spoiler tag added, please use these when linking to wide images.

Attachments

• Self-generating cities.jpg
    Self-generating cities.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 237
Well, it seems that I didn't express my ideas so clearly, and Im' sorry. Probably because I don't know what to do exactly with self-generating cities, I just think they would be could to interact with, not only because they are self-generating, but also because they would be satellite cities and have names !

The most satisfying idea i came across with them is that they would force the player to toy with food growth, health and culture to have a balanced empire, because the more satellite cities you would have, the more they may differ from you culturally, split up and stop your expansion.

So either you could : reduce your growth, increase your health or increase your culture, and building roads mainly. (for a deeper penetration of your culture) Of course reducing your growth sounds sub-optimal, it would be better to keep a high growth, while raising drastically one health and/or culture. If you raise your health, you could have bigger cities, hence less fast expansion of self-generating cities, and if you increase your culture and build roads, your self-generated cities would be well integrated in your empire faster, keeping them from spitting up. (and stop your expansion in that direction)

Basically health would be for tall play, culture for wide, and the two being mutually exclusive ! (as long as you concentrate on health or culture, and a mix of the two would result in a mixed bag, with same potential !)

What do you think ? Do you think self-generating cities should be just there or having working citizens ? Do you think they should pop inside our territory all the time, some time or never ? Etc...

OK. Well now what do you think of this ? :

The most satisfying idea i came across with them is that they would force the player to toy with food growth, health and culture to have a balanced empire, because the more satellite cities you would have, the more they may differ from you culturally, split up and stop your expansion.

So either you could : reduce your growth, increase your health or increase your culture, and building roads mainly. (for a deeper penetration of your culture) Of course reducing your growth sounds sub-optimal, it would be better to keep a high growth, while raising drastically one health and/or culture. If you raise your health, you could have bigger cities, hence less fast expansion of self-generating cities, and if you increase your culture and build roads, your self-generated cities would be well integrated in your empire faster, keeping them from spitting up. (and stop your expansion in that direction)

Basically health would be for tall play, culture for wide, and the two being mutually exclusive ! (as long as you concentrate on health or culture, and a mix of the two would result in a mixed bag, with same potential !)

Top Bottom