Petra sucks "Brave New World Expansion"

Vid is right!

To be fair, if it did affect flood plains, it would be ridiculously overpowered. With Civil Service and farmed, that would be 5 food, 1 Production, 2 Gold (pre-BNW), which is almost as good as a Lighthouse-Fishing Boats-Seaport-Fish tile in BNW, and no city has 6 of those. Petra is ALREADY ridiculous without that, all it does is make the useless tiles useful, especially since it affects Desert Hills, which are often mixed in with the floodplains next to a river or oasis.

I feel like Petra did use to affect flood plains tiles, maybe it was before even G&K? or maybe it was just that the description used to not tell you this?

Give it up. Petra was introduced in G&K and never ... I repeat, never ... applied to flood plains.

Just to add my voice to the chorus, Petra indeed never applied to flood plains in any public version of the game.

The thing with Petra is that it's situational. You can't expect to use it in each and every game. But when you do get the opportunity, it's the best wonder in the game. Interpreting that as it being a bad wonder would probably be quite a minority opinion.

Desert Folklore + Petra is usually enough to win a game. If I'm on a desert start I like to go Liberty so I can finish the tree just as I finish up Currency.

To be fair, if it did affect flood plains, it would be ridiculously overpowered. With Civil Service and farmed, that would be 5 food, 1 Production, 2 Gold (pre-BNW), which is almost as good as a Lighthouse-Fishing Boats-Seaport-Fish tile in BNW, and no city has 6 of those. Petra is ALREADY ridiculous without that, all it does is make the useless tiles useful, especially since it affects Desert Hills, which are often mixed in with the floodplains next to a river or oasis.

Check "best spain start" or something along those lines. 6 fish, 2 barrier reef and some sugar I think it was :D

*edit*

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=507451&highlight=spain this one :D

Top Bottom