Kumbaya Kumbaya

Callonia

Deity
This made me laugh.

Using the diplomatic tactics i learned in last game in the one where Japan broke the 1upt rule to steal a city from me.

- Dear old Monty sees a city state and goes hrm.... You weak, pay up tribute or I use your heart for sacrifices. City state paid tribute.

-City state Moga is buttsore over and requests a denoucement upon the aztecs for extracting tribute from them.

-It's an ally of Netherlands, but if I denouce aztecs I gain allied status with Moga but might make Aztecs a deep enemy of mine cuz they adopted my religion and is paying me tithes. i'm in really isolated position. As in island in middle of no where. My neighbors is Colombo, Moga, and Aztecs.

- I reluctantly denouce aztecs cuz I have hiawatha to worry about and 1-2 possible other runaways at same time but i cannot confirm for sure cuz still under fog of terra incognita.

-I have signed pact of friendship with almost everyone on the main continent.

-Aztecs ate my denoucement and my friends denounced the aztecs in next turn immediately.

-Monty stayed Neutral towards me. Weighting if it's worth trying to kill me and risk the ire of my friends, my soldiers is actually around middle to bottom in numbers of strength.

-Me and Monty has fought a war in the long long time past classical/medieval era where it was our landsknechts vs aztec pikemans over Colombo. I won, defended Colombo but didn't really have strength to conquer aztecs.

-And more impressively Aztecs managed to avoid social suicide by not denouncing me.

Oh and world congress is in action atm so that u guys know everyone has been met xD I'm uber weak cuz of my isolated position but keeping up in tech somewhat.

I should mention that even when the whole world is singing kumbaya, there's plotting in secrecy :D

I covet India's capital of Delhi cuz he beat me to Stonehenge and I finally found where it is. I like stonehenges. And it also haz Machu Picchu.

Problem is, it's too faraway but I finally got a halfway point set up with a colony on the island which will be one of my rallying points. I plan to snatch Delhi from India when I have battleships. Plus India is kinda isolated from the world via diplomacy.

But here's the problem... Hiawatha started to eye and covet Delhi like me too.. and He's a successful warmonger, he wiped out shaka xD

So when my spy gave me heads up that hiawatha is plotting against india. I warned Gandhi.

Then later on I proceeded to pull India into my friendship bloc. Gotta keep that city of Delhi out of the reach of Iroquois ya know! He's just keeping it safe and warm for me as I secretly covet it.

My diplomatic maneuvers involving india frustated Hiawatha to the point where he started to secretly plot against me and I was unaware until India warned me about it.

Cuz ya know, I'd rather let Gandhi keep Delhi out of Iroquois's hands if I can't get it :p

Oh and the world isn't peaceful, there's bunch of wars going on especially against the pariahs who failed to make friends in time. 6 civs or so has been eliminated already and several ongoing wars atm.

The intrigue system is such a great thing in Civ5.

Basically each AI has a public face and a private face.

Their plots won't always come to fruition, but its an early warning at where the AI is looking at.

Top Bottom