DG4 Game Options: Civ Traits

Donovan Zoi

The Return
This is the Game Options discussion for Civ Traits.

What kind of challenge do we want to face as one in DG4? Let us discuss this for some time before we actually choose our civ.

Commercial
Expansionist
Industrious
Militaristic
Religious
Scientific
Totally Random

This discussion will run for 5 days, after which I will post a poll.

I want expansionist and religious. Getting an early lead and having no Anarchy between Governments sounds good.

I concur with Cyc. We can use the advantage of the expansionist trait. That particular trait gives us a free scout and the ability to build scouts also.

Yes, I like those too. ALthough scientific is also a good choice IMHO.

Scientific and Religious - think of all the cheap culture improvements!

-- Ravensfire

Totally Random.

If we keep everything totally random, we know as little as possible and the discussions are going to be taking this into account. Why Benefit ourselves with pre-selected traits ? We are going to win no matter what. Let's keep it more fun to play.

We did total random and we did Ind. Sci (Persia). How about the Babs? Play as the guys who always ended up against us in all the DGs. Or what about the Americans? Expansionist/Industiral isnt bad. Or Joan. People may hate her and the color Pink, but Com/Ind is a great trait.

BTW- Who is Exp/Rel? It slips my mind at the moment

The Iroqouis are Expansionist and Religious. :)

I would tend to agree with SaaM on Commercial/ Industrious. I like the idea of having all improvements on full shields, only to have that problem offset by faster workers and more rush cash.

It will make the early game interesting though. But I love a challenge, and since we will most likely be playing on Monarch, this is the best challenge we could ask for. :)

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
Lets be French! We could have some fun storylines with that, too.

And for the absolute standard for storylines, I give you ....
RBD5. the French Musketeers!

Read, and discover that yes, it is possible, almost, to overuse the work "glorious"!

-- Ravensfire

I'm reading it now, but what do people think of France? Seems great for a builder game, and if you need to go into war mode, its great there too. More shields and gold then your neighbors, so you're fine with wonders and tech. Vote France! Viva La Republique!

I go with TerminalMan, and put a name on them: The Japanese.
No Anarchy, more elites (more possibilites for leaders) plus cheap temples and baracks early on. The Samurai is much handier than the Muskateer if you ask me, they come in a pretty good time for the war effort and are really made for big crusades where we wash the enemy with them- the higher defence can make a big difference when fortified in a city just conquered- they actually have the defence of a Musketeer.

Meanwhile the French have their own significant advantages- if we place cities right we can really have them bloom with bonuses both to trade and production, and workers preform really well. I just think I'll miss the peaceful change in governments and all the elites the Japanese get.

I guess it has to do with the way we want to win this game- the Japanese are better for conquest, French are more on the peaceful side trait-wise. And RPG-wise I think we can do equally fun things with either.

Religious, Industrious, or Commercial all sound good... I'm usually a warmonger in my games, so trying to build a dove empire with France might be fun.

As a side note: if we use France, how about changing the civ color and/or leader name?

True... or, we could put the following theme on our game:
"Queer Eye for the Straight Civ"
We could do a 20k culture game for a city which is "Fabulous!!"
-SaaM, who just pushed back the gay rights movement by at least 20 years with that one phrase. Ehh... Blame the Fab5

Well, SaaM......I did promise a "makeover" of sorts for DG4. :lol:

Just so everyone knows, the upcoming poll for this topic will be multi-choice so you will be able vote for as many(or as few) options as you wish. Let's try not to get too caught up in the actual Civ just yet. The selection of suitable civs will be narrowed down by the Traits poll.

How about agricultural and seafaring? :rolleyes:

Oh, that's right, those aren't available in the game we'll be playing... :lol:

So I lean towards scientific and religious, and go for diplo which will keep us on our toes to have good relations most of the time.

Expansionist and Religious sounds good. I wouldn't vote random since I wouldn't want a civ we've already played.

If not, I'd vote commercial/expansionist. I'd love to go to something opposite to what has been played so far.

Industrious and Religious. No Anarchy and fast production.

Top Bottom