Do you want the Deity Challenge Line-up to become a weekly event?

I want the DCL to be...

• Weekly

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Fortnightly

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

consentient

Domination!
Simple question. Send me a PM with your opinions. Poll is closed, since it was pointed out that anyone could vote, not just DCL players.

Funny, I am thinking the same thing for Immortal.

I think since its winter, people can handle a higher frequency. Putting one out every week might be tougher on the host than the player.

I am OK with challenges coming out faster than 1 every 2 weeks.

So I've been thinking about this as well. The past 5-6 DCL's I've pretty much been done before the 1st weekend, and got to wait around for about 12 days for the next one. At the same time, other players continued to post their games throughout the two weeks.

While I'd love for more frequent games (when I have the free time), I think we'd risk losing several players by going this route. Bigger fear is that players will only download the maps with "sexier" civs.

So my vote is keep it every two weeks. It ain't broke, let's not fix it.

Every 2 weeks since I am also playing Immortal. But then again I do not play every map since real life needs me too :D

I think it is more about what the host can handle. The only thing I do not like about this poll is that anyone can vote! This means that players who do not even play single player or any DCL games whatsoever get to vote and that doesn't seem fair to the players who actually post every challenge.

Good point F.A. I hadn't thought about that. As of this post, I will consider only PM responses. Poll is closed.

Having given this some thought, and having received a number of comments and suggestions by private message, I've decided to strike a compromise. The majority of messages I received were supportive of the idea of increasing the regularity of the series, and so I don't want to disappoint those people, especially after I asked for their feedback in the first place.

However, I don't want to completely alienate the people who don't want to see it turn into a weekly event.

The solution: settle for a 10-day cycle, starting today.

This gives us the following schedule:

DCL #18 - 23rd January
DCL #19 - 2nd February
DCL #20 - 12th February (Valentine's special)

and so on...

Funny, I am thinking the same thing for Immortal.

I think since its winter, people can handle a higher frequency. Putting one out every week might be tougher on the host than the player.

I am OK with challenges coming out faster than 1 every 2 weeks.

I would be excited about Immortal. Deity is way too far a step for me at the moment.

I would be excited about Immortal. Deity is way too far a step for me at the moment.

I'll try to get another Immortal game out in a few days after this DCL 18 cools off a little. I'm thinking Austria or England. Cant decide.

I'll try to get another Immortal game out in a few days after this DCL 18 cools off a little. I'm thinking Austria or England. Cant decide.

England, please. Austria are sh*te.

Austria's quite good actually... I like Austria... (it just requires you to be more creative with your strat of course)

England people would just go longbows and club baby seals on Immortal... nothing interesting to see there.

England, please. Austria are sh*te.

England deity please :D And water map so that you can capture at least half of the capitals with ships ;) Sure some will say it is too easy but still fun and a bit different than Pangaea domination.

England deity please :D And water map so that you can capture at least half of the capitals with ships ;) Sure some will say it is too easy but still fun and a bit different than Pangaea domination.

well bud is in charge of the immortal series not the deity one.

But TBH I never found the SotL that impressive; logistics frigates are powerful enough... extra combat strength doesn't really mean much when you can crush anything in the water or near the coast with just plain promoted frigates in a normal game.

Now longbows on the otherhand...

If Bud chooses Austria for the ICL, I'll gladly 'bagsy' England for a future DCL - maybe #21?

Well, how about you pick Austria, Greece, Siam, Sweden, Portugal, Germany and Mongolia and then disable City States :D

Haha! That means Sweden would likely win with their beastly UU.

Gotta throw Venice in with that group……just out of spite.

All week I have been trying to find nice ground while picking France, Spain, Poland, Sededen, Netherlands, Ottomans, Venice. You know Thirty Years War?

It just doesnt pan out. It will probably be random civs.

All week I have been trying to find nice ground while picking France, Spain, Poland, Sededen, Netherlands, Ottomans, Venice. You know Thirty Years War?

It just doesnt pan out. It will probably be random civs.

What about the civs that were around at the same time as Maria Theresa?

Top Bottom