Manhattan Project

Isetemkheb

Chieftain
In my current game I would like to build Nuclear weapons. According to the Civilopedia all I need is Fission and Uranium in order to build the Manhattan Project. I have both but am still unable to build it. I have seen discussions here that mention needing aluminum also but that is not mentioned as necessary in the Civilopedia.

Could someone here please let me know exactly what is necessary? If aluminum is needed could you point me to where that is mentioned because I can't find any reference to it anywhere. Thank you.

After researching Fission, you can build the Manhattan Project with a city that has access to Uranium.

To build tactical nukes (after completing the Manhattan Project), you'll need to research Space Flight and need Uranium and Aluminium in a city to build them.

In my current game I would like to build Nuclear weapons. According to the Civilopedia all I need is Fission and Uranium in order to build the Manhattan Project. I have both but am still unable to build it. I have seen discussions here that mention needing aluminum also but that is not mentioned as necessary in the Civilopedia.

Could someone here please let me know exactly what is necessary? If aluminum is needed could you point me to where that is mentioned because I can't find any reference to it anywhere. Thank you.

There can be 2 possibilities : either someone else has already built the Manhattan project or the city where you're trying to build it doesn't have uranium as it's not connected to other cities (that have uranium) .
Also if you're playing a mod, then the Manhattan project may have been moved to a different tech.

None of my cities can build the Manhattan Project and all are connected to my 3 sources of Uranium. No-one else has built it yet since I can't build nuclear weapons. I'm very confused.

Although perhaps it doesn't matter because even if I could build the Manhattan Project it wouldn't do me any good. Further research shows that any missile that can be built requires aluminum, and while I have plenty of Uranium, I don't have any aluminum.

Thank you for your assistance. I may just have to give up this game and start fresh. :)

And the lightbulb just goes off.... I need to try to find my brain because it apparently wandered off somewhere. :crazyeye:

Someone had already built the Manhattan Project so of course I wasn't able to. And since I had no Aluminum I couldn't build weapons. :hammer2:

Thanks again to everyone.

Top Bottom