Which Civs Would Synergize Together Best?

About those two Academies, Liberty Maya might be able to get that all on their own. I will have to conduct a few experiments...

What's so tough about two academies?

Oh, so you mean TWO early academies or what? You can have more than 2 in the whole game, I mean...

Yeah, two early. I guess Babylon can do that too. I didnt think of that either.

Before the Fall patch, I was getting National Epic pretty early, which with my usual Oracle path, gave me a pretty early 1st GS with most civs. Since I've been going Liberty more often lately, NE has been delayed more often and that 1st academy is coming later than I'd like. By the time I get to the 2nd, unless I have one of the aforementioned academy-friendly civs, it's at the point where you need to do the math on whether to plant or not.

Maya obviously is intended for Liberty. 2 Early Academies is an interesting strategy. I guess at Diety if you are sending caravans to other Civs you can probably get to Theology very early.

Here is an illustration. Deity. This opening was frustrating b/c of low hammers in cap. Open Tradition> Full Liberty w/Oracle.

Spoiler :

Did you go Trad opener to snag Sinai or what?

That will be nice science when your unis are up :)

I've never decided what the best time to build the NE is, in a peaceful game.

Did you go Trad opener to snag Sinai or what?

That will be nice science when your unis are up :)

I've never decided what the best time to build the NE is, in a peaceful game.

Nope. Its just what I'm into this week. Open Tradition, fill Liberty. finish Tradition or most of it. This game is a throw away, wont finish it.

Nope. Its just what I'm into this week. Open Tradition, fill Liberty. finish Tradition or most of it. This game is a throw away, wont finish it.

I look at this map and my first thought, predictably, is Petra. I'm wondering how fast one could beeline Theology then drop down and beeline Currency (using first GP for Academy and 2nd on Petra). Timing could work out well.

Also, your SP path mentioned above is what I've also been doing quite often since Fall Patch. Later Tradition finisher is a drawback (and free Amphitheaters is blah), but with good culture, it's a pretty nice way to play.

Here's a weird one; Byzanthium and Atilla; use Dromons not only to range attack early cities but to cover battering rams.

Also, your SP path mentioned above is what I've also been doing quite often since Fall Patch. Later Tradition finisher is a drawback (and free Amphitheaters is blah), but with good culture, it's a pretty nice way to play.

Its getting too far off topic, so I will stop talking along these lines, but yeah. Tradition Opener > Full Liberty is very interesting to me especially if you throw in the Oracle.

I would say polland and Babylon would be great...
You would fill those policies trees very freakin fast!

Or even Inca and Babylon! Writing GS Bang... then early Theology boosted by Academy and Shrines... and another one! Bang 2nd Academy! If you are nut enough to go for Liberty and get another one you can easily have 4-5 very early academies.
Then you pick up any Science according to your strategy and you can build the wonders that fits it by running to the right tech before anyother civz...

Wait...if we combined the Maya and Korea...would the Pyramid count as a science building? So, building it would give you a science boost?

Wait...if we combined the Maya and Korea...would the Pyramid count as a science building? So, building it would give you a science boost?

I recently played as Maya and built a late expo to grab an oil resource. The tiny new city adapted someone else's religion which had "buy science buildings with faith". I could not buy a Pyramid, so apparently it doesn't count as a science building, at least for faith purposes.

Would Impi's be able to get 4 attacks (ranged+melee twice) per turn with logistics if they were teamed with Persia's Golden Age bonus?

Top Bottom