Are there any disadvanatges for keeping a city state at war?

DocRock

Prince
In my last game I accidentally kept a City State at war for a long time. After annihilating its alliance AI i just forgot to to make peace with it.

Well, that CS turned out to be a greater worker supplier over the centuries. And even better, I fortified a unit on their border and after 1500 years of being shot at, those guys were seriously experienced.

Are there any disadvantages (i.e. Diplomatical) besides the fact that I lose the benefit of the CS?

None whatsoever. And you DoW them before you meet a Major civ, they will never know about it and there is no diplo hit.

Even better, you can farm XP off them by warring with them.

And after a certain amount of turns (can't remember exactly), when you Make Peace, Influence will be at 0, which is completely broken.

In fact, more often than not, when I play Honor and farm XP, my XP farm is an Ally inside of 20 turns.

How exactly does the City State influence decay get affected? Tried it one time (technically was playing as Spain and decided to conquer the CS for a natural wonder) and it looked like all city states (even ones you hadn't met yet) had influence decay at twice the rate? And ones nearby would also go to -20 as the default state?

The decay rate is only affected if you DoW TWO CS. The first one is 'free'.

After that, CS attitude to you will be Hostile, and will fall, I think, twice as quickly. The others that know you will have the resting point at -20, because you are a tyrant.

So NEVER DoW TWO CS unless you have to.

The decay rate is only affected if you DoW TWO CS. The first one is 'free'.

It was in a multiplayer game with a friend -- Immortal/Marathon/12 Civs. And I was definitely losing 2 influence per turn with an allied CS despite the fact we only declared war on that one CS for the wonder.

And the game definitely treats team members as separate -- if my teammate keeps declaring war and taking cities, everyone will hate him...but they won't think I'm a warmonger.

Well I have no idea about MP. Firstly, it's a completely unfinished part of the game (at best). Secondly, and more importantly, it doesn't work at all for the majority of players.

Sometimes you can just farm as much CS workers as possible but sometimes they get smart and build an Archer for protection before they prepare another worker

Sometimes you can just farm as much CS workers as possible but sometimes they get smart and build an Archer for protection before they prepare another worker

Use another one of 'your' workers to bait the Archer, kill it, earn more XP, wait for more workers/units, repeat

Imagine the lore behind the scenario: It's like telling your workerslave to go to the edge of his old town and wave to his family. The archer dad comes out and you ambush and kill him, then enslave the rest of the family.

Use another one of 'your' workers to bait the Archer, kill it, earn more XP, wait for more workers/units, repeat

Imagine the lore behind the scenario: It's like telling your workerslave to go to the edge of his old town and wave to his family. The archer dad comes out and you ambush and kill him, then enslave the rest of the family.

I.. er.. that's horrible, you're a teacher innit, you're supposed to be a good person :p

I.. er.. that's horrible, you're a teacher innit, you're supposed to be a good person :p

Yeah, I guess the students stressed me out a bit this week!

Nah, actually it's just my warmonger persona coming through...

Top Bottom