Diplomacy by numbers - spreadsheet

Are the "Boldness" and "Meanness" values' effects already know?

Also, I believe the "Religion" value now determines how often the AI will pursue a religion, rather than only determining its preference on the Piety/Rationalism axis. If that's so, the description should be updated... :)

i just checked the chart. i didnt look past that, im guessing to other pages of the PDF?

Thx for the google chart, just got me a copy and playing arround with it. ;)

Very good work!

I added the civ colors to the chart so that when you are reading the right side you don't lose your place. I lightened some of the palette colors after rome was nigh unreadable so it might screw with your brain a little, but hopefully they are still recognizable as border colors, and hopefully the box values are still readable... Enjoy:

Put this in the OP if you like it:)

nice. looks like paint bucket was used for filling colors? for instance Elizabeth has some white space that looks strange.

the only thing it really lacks is a vertical bold line for each of the columns (competitiveness, diplomacy, etc.) if you extend the thicker bold line that separate the sections all the way down it will make connecting the number with the section easier, though Flavor is quite wide anyway. the colors help, but 10-20 numbers to the right is still a slight challenge to match with the column without the bolder lines.

nice. looks like paint bucket was used for filling colors? for instance Elizabeth has some white space that looks strange.

the only thing it really lacks is a vertical bold line for each of the columns (competitiveness, diplomacy, etc.) if you extend the thicker bold line that separate the sections all the way down it will make connecting the number with the section easier, though Flavor is quite wide anyway. the colors help, but 10-20 numbers to the right is still a slight challenge to match with the column without the bolder lines.

-Yeah, just a 25 minute prtscreen + paste in mspaint, color sampler, add some white, fill tool, click in all boxes. Wish I knew photoshop, probably coulda done it in like 4 minutes with an under layer of stripes.
-Section lines are a good idea, but I'm not gonna edit again until the chart has the new G&K religious AIs and religion behaviors.

-Yeah, just a 25 minute prtscreen + paste in mspaint, color sampler, add some white, fill tool, click in all boxes. Wish I knew photoshop, probably coulda done it in like 4 minutes with an under layer of stripes.
-Section lines are a good idea, but I'm not gonna edit again until the chart has the new G&K religious AIs and religion behaviors.

paint.net and gimp are free programs that are closer to photoshop-esque programs (similar layouts for the tools and layers and whatnot as photoshop). there are lots of tutorial videos on youtube, too (its how i learned to use them). ive used both and im currently using paint.net because it uses a few less computer resources so it loads quicker and i dont have a bunch of custom user-created mods (brushes, fonts, etc) that can slow the free programs down.

i wish i could just paste it into excel (which i dont have) to modify each column and row with color rather than using the color fillers. instead i'd have to manually set up each and enter the numbers. would take a couple hours and im lazy enough to say no to that, haha. thanks for doin that though, and yeah, i'd love to see GnK added as well.

So will the be updated now that a new patch is out? We know that Dido is more sneaky and that there's a new anti-air/anti-naval flavour for AIs.

Alexander was the only one I ever had problems with. On Prince, he spammed his companion cavalry and swordsmen at me. He couldn't get past my defenses but I couldn't launch a counter attack when he got the Kremlin!

i decided to make some color changes and add those thicker dviding lines. i dont have excel so i did this in pshop and its an image file for whoever want to save it. file format is .PNG.

CivDiploChart.png

edit: added a jpeg version.

CivDiploChart.jpg

FWIW, I've never seen Ghandi nuke anyone in any of my games.

Ghandi is the only person who has ever nuked me lol! Afterward, I played many games as M. Ghandi, nuclear maniac, psychopath in jammies. That might have been in Civ 4 though, I can't recall anymore. :)

That's genius, making Ghandi almost twice as likely to build nukes as ANY OTHER CIV.

How historically accurate and immersive.

This explains why Ghandi is nukin' the stuffing out of me right now. Of course I can't figure out how to stop him, but it's nice to see it all explained. :nuke:

Will the gods and kings leader's stats be out soon?

Top Bottom