Soren to Stardock?

Aristos

Lightseeker
Apparently, Brad Wardell has been struck by the lightning of wisdom lately... now there is much more hope to see his Elemental series glow than before.

Check it. Interesting. I wish Firaxis would learn how to hire (and retain) true gems of development.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/440775

Good luck Soren!

(and please come back to the series)

That is interesting. That could certainly be helpful in their future games.

In the meantime, might have to try that beta of Elemental: Legendary Heroes once it comes out. That series has looked interesting for awhile but I didn't want to buy it without trying a demo, and that beta seems to fit the bill.

Soren Johnson was hired by Stardock!

I posted about this in the Civ4 topic area too. I'm sorry for the duplicates. Moderate at will!

Moderator Action: -> threads merged.

I have already started holding my breath for GalCiv III. (Keep it TBS, we have SOASE for RTS).

I recently started replaying Elemental Enchantress 1.3, since only trying it out back in the Beta phase. It's a pretty fun game now; you can see Kael's (Fall from Heaven Mod guy) influence on it. I get more of a fix from FE now; pretty much given up on CiV until 6 comes out.

The Legendary Heroes Beta should be out mid march too, worth a look.

Stardock is a company which has earned my trust for their straightforward DRM philosophy and the ability to re-download games purchased by them in perpetuity. A model I wish other companies (Ubi, EA) would embrace.

GalCiv2 has a spot on every system I build. One of the most enjoyable and satisfying 4x TBS games I've ever played. Fallen Enchantress is a huge improvement over the original Elemental at launch. Pretty unique game.

I recently started replaying Elemental Enchantress 1.3, since only trying it out back in the Beta phase. It's a pretty fun game now; you can see Kael's (Fall from Heaven Mod guy) influence on it. I get more of a fix from FE now; pretty much given up on CiV until 6 comes out.

The Legendary Heroes Beta should be out mid march too, worth a look.

Have you tried Eador: Genesis or the beta for its sequel, Masters of the Broken World? It's a fantastic fantasy 4X, IMO.

If you are waiting for Galactic Civ 3, why not try out Endless Space. I took a Civ V break for 3-4 months and had some great fun taking Endless Space through is paces. IMHO, it is the best 4x space strategy game since MOO2.

If you are waiting for Galactic Civ 3, why not try out Endless Space. I took a Civ V break for 3-4 months and had some great fun taking Endless Space through is paces. IMHO, it is the best 4x space strategy game since MOO2.

Thanks for the recommendation. And others might be interested to note that Endless Space is on sale at 50% on Steam until March 18th.

Interesting news. Soren did a great job with Civ 4, it will be interesting to see what he comes up with through Stardock. I wouldn't mind seeing him do a Gal Civ 3. He certainly has the credentials for that type of game.

w00t w00t. Yay for Galactic Civilizations 3! If they make it I have a feeling I'll be playing more of that then Civ as I don't especially like 5 and 4 is getting pretty old now. (I hope no Civ purests hunt me down and kill me for this comment.)

Top Bottom