Humble Civilization Bundle?

Really cool bundle, great chance to snag brave new world for $15 (steam price is $30)

Actually, BNW was cheaper already - IIRC it was like 6 or 7$ on the last sale (at least on GMG) and this bundle wants you to pay around 10$ for it.

But the deal is awesome. The problem though is pretty much everyone and their mother has Civ 5 (constant top 10 in most played games at Steam), which may make below average bundle too attractive. I'm going to buy the above average bundle despite having Civ 5 with all DLC (okay, not the scrambled ones) already.

BNW was that cheap? I missed that somehow. I don't have it yet.

I just looked it up and it seems I can't. :hmm: I want to gift the Civ5 bits to a friend, but keep the rest for myself (I don't have Civ4 on Steam, and my disc is on the other side of the world). I might just gift my friend the whole bundle.

It depends on the bundle if you can gift the bundle, sets of games or individual games.
I'm not sure what the situation is with this bundle.
(Firaxis already has all my money there. "Hey, Firaxis, do you want to earn more money? New DLC or expansion!" :p )

Perhaps. Either way, I decided to gift the whole bundle. Given it's essentially $1 extra to do that.

I'm wondering if Railroads (the last game in the right) would even run on Windows 7? A lot of old games won't.

It's a steam game so I would think it does. There's no official disclaimer. From a comment on the steam page:

"There is an issue running this game on 64 bit operating systems where the game will crash with an exception error, but this can be easily fixed by applying a 3 GB memory patch which is very well documented on fan sites which exist for the game (use Google)"

As far as gifting, it depends on the package. Some are one code to redeem all games, others are split into a code per game. If it's a code per game you press a button to get a gift link, then send the url to a friend. I think the developer just decides whether to package or not.

Can confirm: It are seperate gift urls for the games.

Also, I've played Railroads on Windows 7 before, so it shouldn't be a problem. But it is showing it's age.

Top Bottom