GUARDED: but everything is yellow/green

mclericp

Warlord
I noticed this in my late game mostly. Nearly all the civs are either afraid(zulu included) or guarded. But the guarded ones have all but one positive things.

For example, we made friendship, we fought common foe, we provided help, we adopted religion and same ideology etc. Then on some of the Guarded civs, there is 'they fear our great might' and 'they covet our lands'.

Why is this the case, if they were treating me like a friend, shouldnt they be friendly? I noticed i can trade the full gold per turn on luxury(6gpt) so there isnt any penalties.
I can provide a screenie if u guys like

maybe it's the side effect of you having nukes (of just a huge military). Also "covet your lands" is a moderately strong negative modifier afaik

Why is this the case, if they were treating me like a friend, shouldnt they be friendly? I noticed i can trade the full gold per turn on luxury(6gpt) so there isnt any penalties.
I can provide a screenie if u guys like

Full gpt is 8 :)

out of a few hundred games-ish, i seem to remember one single time that a AI was Afraid w/o me having nukes. or maybe just misremembering this.

but my general experience has been that once you get nukes, those AI who were previously Friendly now become Afraid. any AI who was anything other than Friendly now become Guarded. and that's totally weird/illogical to me. ...this is specifically in a situation where only you have any nukes at this point.

oh btw, CS's are different. i've just sailed a Nuclear Sub (while not having any nukes yet) and also I THINK also a Destroyer once through CS waters, and suddenly it became Afraid of me. i remember the Nuc Sub event specifically though.

oh one last thing, i think (in the same AI situation as above) that any AI who were Hostile now become Guarded once you get a nuke.

Maximum price AI will pay for a luxury in BNW is 7 gpt plus 8 gold, if you are friends. AI will not pay 8 gpt for a single luxury.

Maximum price AI will pay for a luxury in BNW is 7 gpt plus 8 gold, if you are friends. AI will not pay 8 gpt for a single luxury.

Although if you're friends it's better to take 240 gold assuming they have the funds.

EDIT: The AI values 1 gpt at just over 33 gold (on standard speed) which is actually 1.1 gpt (use that to calculate on different speeds), which is why they will pay less overall gold if they have to pay it per turn. (7 x 33 = 231 + 8 = 239)

I try to take this offer for as long as I can. Ais then lower the price as time passes by.

I frequently get 8 gpt for a single trade item, but I prefer to play on Quick, so perhaps that impacts?

Top Bottom