Overpowered much?

Im_An_Eejit

Chieftain
Hey i know sid said that every civs bonuses are meant to be overpowered. But on deity i reckon this is just unacceptable.
Played first deity game today ( actually second - first i quit straight away cos' i had to go do something else ). And kept pressing B to end turn as usual.
Upon about the second or third turn , i saw an aztec jaguar warrior unit. And before i could make peace i got monty telling me to prepare for war. And with that they captured my capital city Madrid.
I hadnt even moved yet and i had been eliminated.. At first i couldnt help but laughing but i wanna no if this happens often. A similar thing happened to my mate involving barbarians. And, like i said, was wondering if it had happened to anyone else. I'll see if it has before i start voicing my concerns over it.

I guess I cann't see what the problem is here. Your playing On Deity. Monty had a chance to take you out very early, and he did it. I don't see what the problem is here.

Maybe the problem is that he didn't have a flippin' chance?

I understand that, but I don't see anything wrong with having a few impossible starts on Deity.

The same thing happened to me on Warlord on the demo, but it's to be expected. It was my fault for leaving my city unprotected as my warrior went searching for gold. On Deity, you should be expecting that even more. I don't see that as overpowered, if you don't want a challenge, don't play Deity.

That's not a challenge, that's just poor design.

The same thing happened to me on Warlord on the demo, but it's to be expected. It was my fault for leaving my city unprotected as my warrior went searching for gold. On Deity, you should be expecting that even more. I don't see that as overpowered, if you don't want a challenge, don't play Deity.

You're completely missing the point. You had a warrior and send him away. In his game, it happened so fast that he didn't even have time to build a warrior to fight back.

That's not a challenge, it's an impossible game.

At least, he didn't waste a lot of time on that game...

Probably kept the default 1 tile hammer 1 tile food. Probably could have gotten that first warrior in time if he did that (both tiles hammer). Just a hunch...

Note that I only have the demo version so far so don't know the production differences on Diety. But on Warlord by adjusting production you can get that first warrior in 3 moves instead of default 5...

You're completely missing the point. You had a warrior and send him away. In his game, it happened so fast that he didn't even have time to build a warrior to fight back.

That's not a challenge, it's an impossible game.

At least, he didn't waste a lot of time on that game...

depends, did he change the city to focus on production to speed up the first warrior or did he just leave it on balanced?

but yea with random (small) maps and civ placement it has to happen occasionally.

well if monty had time to eliminate this guy, then this guy wouldve had the same opportunity, but he didn't act fast enuff,simple.By the way,they call it Deity for a reason...

The Aztecs start the game with a small amount of gold which he could have used to buy his first unit. Starting next to them was just a tough break.

Top Bottom