Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

How do I stop the '99 more turns' thing?

(I played a custom game and made sure to TURN OFF Time Victory)

If I build a colony on a tile with 2 silver and 4 ore resources, will my colony produce only ore?

Hi, Might be a stupid question but:
In the "Western Hemisphere" map, close to what would today Guyana, there is a swamp with tobacco. Does it make sense ? Isn't it as in the original col where you had ore in the hills, tobacco in the plains, etc ? In original col you could change certain terrain type, is it still the case ?

Thanks.

Is there a way to get the natives to help me in my war of independence?

AAjus[LTU];7339427 said:
If I build a colony on a tile with 2 silver and 4 ore resources, will my colony produce only ore?

Colony tiles should produce both goods.

Colony tiles should produce both goods.
Unfortunately I couldn't build a colony on that tile. I gues it is not allowed to build colonies on peaks

How do I stop the '99 more turns' thing?

(I played a custom game and made sure to TURN OFF Time Victory)

I suggest you turn off the "Europe" victory too - see if that helps.

How do you set up a trade route?

How do you set up a trade route?

First go to your colony screen and change to 'Governor' view, then set up imports/exports for the goods you wish to move. The number beside the export switch is the minimum amount you wish retained in that colony. For instance if your are exporting tools from a colony producing cannons you would want to retain a minimum of 40 tools there.

Next select a wagon train and look for the 'assign trade routes' icon. This gives you a list of possible routes to choose from.

Is there a way to get the natives to help me in my war of independence?

If they are sufficiently happy with you, simply ask them to declare war on the King in their diplomacy screen. As several Founding Fathers give bonuses to native relations, they might be worth taking to help get the natives in the war.

I don't have the game yet.

1.- What are the differences between this game and the original col1?

2.- Is there any other way of winning, appart from independence war?

3.- Is there any other way of losing, appart from another colony winning their independence war?

4.- Is it better to have less people in order to reach independence sooner?

5.- Can you still force the REF to land in the coastal tile of your preference by occupying other tiles? (cheeeeesy)

I don't have the game yet.

1.- What are the differences between this game and the original col1?

2.- Is there any other way of winning, appart from independence war?

3.- Is there any other way of losing, appart from another colony winning their independence war?

4.- Is it better to have less people in order to reach independence sooner?

5.- Can you still force the REF to land in the coastal tile of your preference by occupying other tiles? (cheeeeesy)

1. There are enough differences to fill a whole forum (ie this one). To give you a couple, the other foreign colonies are much weaker and the indians are much stronger. Go to war with the English, Spanish etc any time you like but think long and hard before declaring on the Incas.

2. No

3. There is a time factor this time round. On a standard game you have to win indepence within 300 turns or you lose.

4. Many think so, I actually find a bigger population and a longer game more enjoyable to play.

5. No, sorry

1. There are enough differences to fill a whole forum (ie this one). To give you a couple, the other foreign colonies are much weaker and the indians are much stronger. Go to war with the English, Spanish etc any time you like but think long and hard before declaring on the Incas.

2. No

3. There is a time factor this time round. On a standard game you have to win indepence within 300 turns or you lose.

4. Many think so, I actually find a bigger population and a longer game more enjoyable to play.

5. No, sorry

Thank you very much for your answers.:goodjob:

4.- So do I in col1. I have even invented different Victory Conditions for my own use. Having to focus only on accumulating a few bells and killing some dozens of REF units feels somewhat unsatisfactory.

5.- Don't be sorry! I am glad that the AI is improved and some of the cheesiness is gone!

So do I in col1. I have even invented different Victory Conditions for my own use. Having to focus only on accumulating a few bells and killing some dozens of REF units feels somewhat unsatisfactory.

I agree. By the time I declared independence the game was effectively over. I just used to fight the war to get my final score.

I agree. By the time I declared independence the game was effectively over. I just used to fight the war to get my final score.

The same here. Unfortunately, I don't find the War of Independence much fun in Col II either. I'd like a longer game (as an option, at least), and other victory options.

By "a longer game", I don't mean a game where everything takes longer to build. I mean a longer game.

Öjevind Lång;7378514 said:
By "a longer game", I don't mean a game where everything takes longer to build. I mean a longer game.

Have you tried the Western Hemisphere (huge) map? I am playing it now and at turn 100 I have only uncovered half of the map. It has more of the endless exploration feel of Col 1. The Incas alone have 23 villages - and they've just declared war on me. :(

Have you tried the Western Hemisphere (huge) map? I am playing it now and at turn 100 I have only uncovered half of the map. It has more of the endless exploration feel of Col 1. The Incas alone have 23 villages - and they've just declared war on me. :(

Wow. That does sound like old Col. But in my experience, the "huge" map in Col II mostly consists of additional water. I must have missed something there.

Whatever map I'm playing on now (I think it's a huge one from the AoD mod) is definitely big enough for me. By about turn 130, I'm finally done scouting the continent.

Although I really do think those warehouse expansions should sell more. I've got about 5 expert cotton planters working different plains tiles, and 3 master weavers in cloth factories, the FF to give +50% cotton, about 100% rebel sentiment in my towns, and I'm now up to about 900 cotton in my city with the warehouse expansion, and it keeps growing. Since the Warehouse expansion only sells like 5% a turn, it just keeps growing. Although I guess at this point, I'm about to declare independance, I should probably arm all those cotton planters, since I think I have enough cotton in storage to last through my independance...

hi, i'm a complete newbie to this game and to the forum so i hope you bear with me. i'm trying to find out - how can i get the "expert" immigrants to do their jobs and how can i get them working please? thank you

Top Bottom