Can you win with just ANY civ on Deity?

So, I've finally crossed over to playing Deity-exclusive games instead of Immortal. So far, they're manageable, if not the most dreadful examples of AI cheating I've ever seen.

In any case, in order not to sink into a quagmire of having the lowest score by turn 100, which CIVS are the best suited for Diety? For instance, I won my first Deity game by playing as Spain, settling my first city next to Mt. Kilimanjaro and my 2nd next to Mt. Fuji. I'm currently playing as Germany, using 6 barbarian troops to keep up with the AI, as well as picking off some free workers.

Any others that are good for Diety? I'll just go ahead and assume that India is perhaps a little lackluster in this department... lol :crazyeye:

All civs can work on Deity, some are just a bit better at it then others. Korea, Babylon, Poland and the Maya are generally considered to be the cream of the crop.
There's a deity tier list in the strategy forum. While it may not be the perfect list, it gives some good insights about how much of an uphill battle you can expect.

All civs can work on Deity, some are just a bit better at it then others. Korea, Babylon, Poland and the Maya are generally considered to be the cream of the crop.
There's a deity tier list in the strategy forum. While it may not be the perfect list, it gives some good insights about how much of an uphill battle you can expect.

Ah, perfect! Thanks

In any case, in order not to sink into a quagmire of having the lowest score by turn 100, which CIVS are the best suited for Diety?

Don't worry about score. The only stats you should only be watching are literacy rates and from time to time your soldiers in comparison to the average.

I don't remember a single deity win I've had (Only 4, so small sample size i guess) in which I fielded more points than another civ that wasn't severely weakened by a warmongering conquerer.

Winning on deity is 50% dependent on your starting position and 50% on your opponents. Nothing to do with the civ you choose. But your playstyle do factor in which civ is more suitable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Winning on deity is 50% dependent on your starting position and 50% on your opponents. Nothing to do with the civ you choose. But your playstyle do factor in which civ is more suitable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

And 100% skill.

So if you are really good with a great start and crappy AI's, you can compete on difficulty 2*(deity) it's only logical.

The most important factor in winning deity is land not civs.
However in the current state of the game there are so many bugs/exploits that even the average players can win every deity game if they are aware of and uses them.

The most important factor in winning deity is land not civs.
However in the current state of the game there are so many bugs/exploits that even the average players can win every deity game if they are aware of and uses them.

There are like... 4 that are obviously unintended. Overflow, pillage repair, extra pop hammers, rounding error for AI trades. The last two are not game-breaking. The first two you have to really go out of your way to exploit.

The rest are debatable whether it was intended or an exploit.

Besides the military UI, the game is surprisingly not buggy. I guess it has had 5 years to work out the kinks. BNW deity is just not as hard as GK deity, because they literally scaled down half the AI's bonuses. Not so much about the exploits.

There are like... 4 that are obviously unintended. Overflow, pillage repair, extra pop hammers, rounding error for AI trades. The last two are not game-breaking. The first two you have to really go out of your way to exploit.

There are more.
e.g. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518566

This is a pretty big if you're fighting for a few fronts.
Of course you have to actively use it, but ...

The only response on that thread is a guy saying it's not true. The AI often asks for more in all deals, and settles for less. It's not just with peace treaties. I think this is intended.

It's TRUE. In my last game AI had huge military advantage (5-6 x in demography) asked for all my cities and it worked! See also posts in this thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518130

I can't :lol:

I fail most of the times... So far my only diety victories is with Poland, Mayans, Spain & Sweden.

I'm kicking butt so far with Germany. All those barbarian camp troops allowed me to pretty much subdue my neighbors by early Medieval. Most of the time, having a reliable amount of breathing room in the beginning determines how effective the rest of your strategy will go.

Top Bottom