capital recapture come back

reddishrecue

Some dude on civfans
Has anyone had their capital captued and then recovered it and still won?

I never had this since my capital never got captured. But if u have like 4-5 cities and they are on par with ur capital, u can use them to capture back.

In my current Poland game, my capital is the strongest but i have 2 other cities which are on par with the capital.

an ai has a chance to do that in my current game w/ Morocco....
I captured Palenque, but had it taken back by its original owner c.a. 30 turns later. Being the mayans, they still have a chance as a runaway

Arrrgghh, I remember the dark days when the world was at war. I was the Korean(GnKs) and 3 nation ganged up on me. They were Aztecs, Huns and Russia. OMG was i getting nightmares. I had like 10 cities and i was the leader in science. The aztec and russian were spying on me and i knew they were doing it. What the aztec did was invade me......with a 100+ units and the russian with 50+ units. The Huns' offensive fizzled out early on cuz their military was outdated and they had to pull back to defend themselves from the invading germans. So then the aztec proceeded to annihilate me, pillaging everything and taking my cities. My capital was a beauty, 40+ people with like several wonders and had university.

Guess what, The aztec ended up taking Seoul, But at the time, I also had Busan which was equally just as good as Seoul(Minus the wonders and maybe 2-4 citizens). And about maybe 5 of the other cities were captured. At this point, I was worried. I was mass producing riflemans and calvary(to make sorties and foray into the Aztec land to pillage luxary and to make the aztec's live harder.

The russian even despite having like 50 units and i only had 6 units. I managed to push em back. Ironically ,Theya re still in the renaissance era. After me getting a good ground. My modern weapons were starting to push back the aztec. Meanwhile, I thought "man, Is he really focusing on me, he really wants to knock me out." Guess what, Yep, He captured the Babylonian capital 2 turns later and 5 turns later, he reduces the good ole mighty Iroquis(ikr) into the dust(The Iroquis survived as a thalasocratic empire(Had 2 cities on island and i think 2-3 colonial cities that eventually were taking.)

GOing back, I pushed back the aztec, Pushing back to Seoul. I took it back. And majoprity of my cities. Guess what, Aztec comes in with another waves of warrior, now eager with their muskets that wanted to swamp me. U know there is in a war that there is a city that will always be changing, That was Seoul. I had to abandon the western cities to focus on Seoul. He still manages to do it. He did it, So did i, Then he takes it back. Then i take it back. THEN HE TAKES IT. THen i take it back. At this point, I started to realize that Seoul may not be worth it anymroe since we are constantly fighting over it. :( We negotiated, He gives alll my original cities and 8 cities(3 of em were horriblre, THe others were strategic and 2 had luxury i didnt even had. Another 2 were strategic and the last one had good land. It had like 20 people(Thansk to a 4 tile lake nearby. But it didnt give me the floating gardens. The other 2, I razed(One was on a artic island[1 tile] amd the other one was just meh on a desert. The 8th was a citystate. I liberated it in the name of democracy! I still won a SV and Busan/Icheon became the unofficial capital. Seoul never recovers their former glory and becomes an historical site with the ancient/medieval wonders and the residence to the Joseon Monarchs. Busan was my lynchpin(Dam these Aztec for fighting to take Seoul. And then when i got my nukes. I threatned the aztec. I had to take them a notch. Took couple cities. When he got nukes. I had already launched my spaceships.
Still, I dont think this rivals Heerlo since i never took screenshots...Ik......:wallbash:

Top Bottom