Planning to move from Immortal to Deity, any general tips?

Astennu

Warlord
Hi guys,

As the title suggests, I'm planning to move up in difficulty from Immortal to Deity.

I can pretty much win any Immortal game I start at the moment, most often via a Science Victory, but I've completed Diplo (Portugal) Cultural (Brazil and France) and Domination (Germany) recently.

Are there any key concepts I should take note of when moving up?

One major aspect I think I might have to change is the efficiency of my play. I generally play to have fun and build a high score rather than win the fastest victory possible. I'll often do some warmongering and wonder building just to add some flavor to my games rather than just blindly rush to victory. I pretty much build Sydney Opera House and CN Tower in all my games and am usually in the top 3 scores by games end.

In Deity I'm guessing I won't have the luxury to do so.

I'll probably choose Poland to begin (for obvious reasons.) I'm thinking that taking Piety and Tradition and getting the Jesuit Education Reformation Belief would be a very efficient way to win a SV.

Cheers for any feedback.

Well, congrats on ranking up to Deity. I might need some tips on ranking up myself because I have failed recently in obtaining a victory in Immortal for some reason. I used to play better or something. I am now trying to take it easy with emperor difficulty.

I made this move one month ago.

The game is not really different, just a bit faster, making CVand domination a little bit complicate. SVand Diplo are as easy as in Immortal, if you can plant 3 city. I didn't try OCCon Deity (except Venise :D).
If you use to steal workers from other civs, you're good. If not, you have to learn. Knowledge about backstab civs and turn when they'll come to knock at you're door, helps too.

In your first try, game will be tight until plastics, after you'll be first. If you can be tech leader before, good.

I never went deeper in Piety beyond organized religion. Religion is hard to have on Deity. Your challenge will be to have this last 5th religion or not. Jesuit Education is always take by AI. So if you pick a reformation belief, I think it will not be this one.

Top Bottom