ShadowNES: The Age of Supremacy

OOC: Well, since I don't have that much time on my hands, Sweden would be a good choice.

So I tentatively express my interest in taking possession of Sweden after I get some more information (military positions, diplomatic course they were planning to take and the like)

Via PM that is...

:lol: Did you read the last update? Your going to need a lot of time with Sweden!

OOC: Oh please I read the update. My opinion is the only thing which matters :p

Fair enough, just warning you in case you hadn't, its a very bumpy ride, but i'd be glad someone is controlling them.

OOC: Abaddon, don't respond to this, but do you really want to reach that 20k posts so quickly? STOP POSTING :p

If you don't mind shadow, I'll send you a PM right now?

Awesome update. Though those are some awfully heavy casualties. Whats with that?

To Taurkshia remnants
From Mandapala Empire

Buddhist might has triumphed over Islamic piety. Your kingdom crumbles around you. But let it not be said that Buddhists are not merciful for our power is tempered by justices.

Submit to our rule, and you will be allowed to retain your lands and wealth as members of the nobility. You will serve in our armies as auxiliary allies and will be allowed to retain your faith weak though it may be.

Fail to submit and perhaps we may have to repeat the punishment we inflicted upon you at Multan.

@Shadowbound could I get a response to this?

@Shadowbound could I get a response to this?

Sorry, busy with people that want me to research stuff.

From the Tarushkian Remnants
To their new Madanapalan Overlords

Yes, please, don't hurt us anymore.

Shadow, did you enjoy my order layout more this time?

OOC: Oh, and what Sweden did last turn too! (Yes, I know the player didn't send orders but that doesn't mean all the money disappears from corruption)

To the Most Excellent Bishops of the One Church, shepherds of the flock of God, and to those whom they have entrusted the welfare of the church, and to every King and Prince of Christendom:

By the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ and under the protection of Albrecht IV, King of Bavaria, we announce the convocation of a holy synod at Würzburg for the purpose of ending the schisms that plague the church, reform and correct those abuses undertaken by those who falsely assume the name of Christ, bring peace and unity to the true children of God, and defend the Church from those who seek its ruin.

As no one can have God as Father without the Church as his Mother, let all patriarchs, cardinals, bishops, priors and generals of religious orders, doctors of theology and canon law, Princes, Kings, and representatives of any of the above who are unable to come gather together at Würzburg in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, lest the Church cast them out as orphans and not true sons.

TO: Public

From the Dragon Throne of Britannia, His Majesty Sean I proclaims that he shall endeavor to convey representatives of the Celtic Church to the holy synod at Würzburg for the purposes of healing the rifts between Christians.

OOC: Why's there a Celtic Church? Whitby was before the PoD, and only a handful of backwards northerners kept to Irish customs by then anyway.

OOC: Out of all the really, really strange things going on in this setting, you're seriously going to ask about the Celtic Church first? :p
Symphony D. said:
Given this was a Guess-the-PoD map, the detail in the national descriptions is... sketchy, at best. So, I'd like to confirm a few points.
  • With the Pope in France, the Celtic Church has probably become more centralized and codified, and developed more distinctively. There has also probably been some weird mashup of Norse/Germanic and Celtic mythology that lies underneath it.
das said:
  • Correct.

to: Poland
We are willing to purchase the German Baltic land that you conquered from Sweden next to our territory for 1 EP.

TO: Kingdom of Poland
CC: Hamburk

The Kingdom of Britannia supports Hamburk's claim to the region for meritorious conduct in the conflict, and asks that Poland fairly consider Hamburk's just offer for the territory in question.

OOC: Out of all the really, really strange things going on in this setting, you're seriously going to ask about the Celtic Church first? :p

OOC: The Celtic Church annoys me. Celts in general annoy me, come to think of it. It never really existed as a distinct entity, not even to the same degree that the Arian church did. It was just a bunch of isolated rural monks with weird haircuts and bad calendars who, by and large, switched to what the cool kids were doing as soon as they learned of the existence of the cool kids. Anyway, cheers for the info.

IC: The Caliphate announces its intentions to send representatives of its Christian populations to observe the conference. We hope this meets with Bavaria's approval.

Amazing update--punctual and detailed! :D

*​

To: The Council of Cardinals at Würzburg, et al

We will send a diplomatic delegation to the council as well as encourage our prelates and give safe passage to and from the council. Glory be be to God!

*​

To: King Haakon III of Sweden

Let us negotiate a peace! Instead of continuing with this bloody dreadful war, I propose the following concessions to Poland:

We could bargain some until an agreeable peace is achieved, or you could agree to what's on the table, or else fighting would continue.

*​

To: Heinrich Sudermann of Hamburk and King Sean I of Britannia

We agree to the fair exchange.

OOC: Your map really shows nothing. Circling the islands by themselves does not mean much ;)

EDIT: Ah, I must be colorblind then as it's not that obvious... WHY NOT HOT PINK :(

OOC: You can't see the bright pink? Just reply to the diplo, I'm out (until ~1:00 GMT+8).

EDIT: @alex, above: I don't know what you're trying to say, but let me say a few things: (1) I am under the possibly mistaken impression that good maps can be understood easily and quickly, at least if given context and even without "legends." (2) I am under another possibly mistaken impression that my map is easy-to-understand, given the context I (in-character) have provided and the stand-out color I have chosen.

TO CLARIFY: The pink-colored areas (unless you are colorblind to pink, they should stand out very much) are the lands the King of Poland is demanding from the King of Sweden. I encircled the islands so that they might not be ignored in your (and Shadowbound's) consideration.

So, please respond. If you are ignoring it in-character, at least say so out-of-character. Waiting for responses that won't come is kind of boring.

flyingchicken: Awfully big of you to let the Swedes keep that Courish city. :p Might wanna color that one in.

The Kingdom of Bavaria agrees to issue safe conducts to all attendees to the Council of Würzburg.

Khazaria is in negotiation for the upper half of OTL Estonia. It will not be annexed to Poland.

Top Bottom