Uomo Universalis

I added this to my game from steam version and it did not work. None of what this mod said that it would do it did not do so i removed it.:blush:

The download on the mod browser offers only information, including a link to the actual mod. You might have missed it in the excitement over how awesome the features sounded :D I couldn't upload the full mod because of its size. Please check this Mediafire link. Simply unzip to your Mods folder (three folders should appear).

Hello again, I encountered another bug - if you want call it like that: in a game, with only Domination Victory enabled, I just got owned by a nation that built up Great Transition Initiative.

I've just downloaded your mod, didn't play yet.

One quick question: Isn't Germany's trait over powered for domination victory? You get much faster XP by attacking twice per turn and the Charge promotion against wounded units makes you really over powered?

Thanks

Haven't tried (I'm no warmonger), but it sounds very powerful indeed. Of course your own unit will be damaged too; it should compensate a bit.
I think this trait will be most effective when already in a position to win anyway. If you can safely let a unit take damage twice and leave it in the field, the opposition is probably feeble and/or your units more advanced. Faster domination for Germany, sound about right :D

I just made a quick XML/SQL patch for v6, see attachment. Simply unzip into "Base"; 5 files should be overridden.

Fixes the building of the GTI if diplo victory is disabled. It also removes the Triumphal Arch for now. The new one is lua-based; that will have to wait. A new version is at least a week away.

Thanks for letting me know about the issues :)

Attachments

• UUv6Patch.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 72
Great mod Moriboe!

Though I've come across a bug to do with the Legalism policy. It seems to be giving me the monuments but there not for Free; I still have to pay 1 maintenance on them.

Have you thought about asking for your own sub forum? That would allow you to have different threads rather than just the one big thread.

Thanks for your support guys!

Though I've come across a bug to do with the Legalism policy. It seems to be giving me the monuments but there not for Free; I still have to pay 1 maintenance on them.
That's actually the normal vanilla behavior as well; only the hammers [you would need] are free.

Have you thought about asking for your own sub forum? That would allow you to have different threads rather than just the one big thread.
I don't think the mod's user base is big enough for that. There are other mods that would classify for their own sub forum before this one. Besides, the amount of topics (relative to time) discussed here is still quite manageable. I feel honored though ;)

great mod for sure!

but i have a problem.

no matter if i load up the QC or the non QC maps... i always get quick combat :(
how do i fix this?

Hm forgot about that. Here's the "ancient" map without QC; iirc the other map version functions correctly. Just replace the one in ...\Mods\Uomo Universalis Earth (v 1)\Maps.

I am experiencing a frustrating bug.

Some AI Civs dont build any new cities, and the ones that do, build only a few and stops...

I'm using some new Wonders mod, playing in a Terra map (not the ones from the first post) and What Would Gandhi Do AI Rebalance - WWGD (maybe this one is the problem?). I hav an 1.0.1.511 version of the game with all DLC.

Expansion behavior is not altered directly through variables (by me), so I can do little more than speculate I'm afraid.
It could be that an overload of wonders, along with more passive AI (if WWGD does that?), is overwhelming the AI into pursuing them at the expense of expanding. And maybe the ones that would go into conquering mode will then have no neighbors nearby to unleash their fury :crazyeye:
I assume you're playing a random Terra map and not some pre-made one; in early versions of my world map I had the non-expansion problem as well for many civs. I think it depends on resource distribution: if the AI feels it has founded a few great cities it may downgrade further expansion priority, maybe to pursue a culture victory later. The added buildings/wonders may make this worse.

Hmmmm... understood.

It's a regular random generated Terra map, nothing special (well... with 20 civs and 40 city-states).
I will try without WWGD, it has a more passive AI, if doesn't work, I will remove the wonders. I prefer the wonders, so I hope the problem is WWGD.

If I find the problem, I feedback here.

Good luck!
Another thing you may try is to increase the expansion flavor of settlers, by adding:
Code:
<Unit_Flavors>
  <Update>
    <Where UnitType = "UNIT_SETTLER" FlavorType = "FLAVOR_EXPANSION"/>
    <Set Flavor = "30"/> <!-- vanilla: 21 -->
  </Update>
</Unit_Flavors>
Add it in any mod xml file, e.g. UU's Options.xml, just below the line <GameData>. Unwanted side effects may include: civs prioritizing settlers too much at inappropriate times, city states making (and not using) settlers. The latter I can disallow using lua.

-----​

For the next version I was thinking about the following:
  • Patronage available in the Classical Age.
  • Research Lab one tech (and age!) earlier, at Refrigeration. Probably less hammers as well.
  • Medic and Red Cross at Penicillin, to make it worthwhile.
  • Optional free promotions for the AI: each (non-defensive) military-oriented building would grant a free defensive/healing promotion for one unit type. E.g., March for mounted units at the Stable, Cover for melee units at the Forge, Medic for archery units at the Barracks and for siege units at the Academy (edit: hm not normally allowed, maybe scratch that), etc.
  • Less strict national wonder requirements: in 3/4 of cities mostly. Either I steal it from CiVUP or I'll program it myself if it's hard to find/isolate. Maybe I'll add a "*" to the names of national wonders, to make them stand out more clearly.

Of course! The civ user files are located in "My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5". In there you find the folder "Mods". That's where you unzip to. Don't create a new folder first; after unzipping you should find the following three folders directly under "Mods":
  • Uomo Universalis Base (v 6)
  • Uomo Universalis Civs (v 2)
  • Uomo Universalis Earth (v 1)
These you can activate ingame. Don't activate "Earth" unless playing the included earth map (might mess up some city states otherwise).

Top Bottom