While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

You have made reasonable points, and we've heard them. I'll put the thought of an "embassy thread" as you've described it, into Civfanatics Staff discussion. Let me take it from here and we'll see what can be done.

On the face of it I don't have a problem with an "Other Games Other Places" thread that is stickied.

Yes such a thread would especilly prove useful in encouraging civil and friendly relations between both the Frontier and CFC! :D

In the end such a thread can benefit the World Builders by giving them great access and information on current activities.

Yes such a thread would especilly prove useful in encouraging civil and friendly relations between both the Frontier and CFC! :D

In the end such a thread can benefit the World Builders by giving them great access and information on current activities.

We're working on setting up such a thread, and I'm hopeful that the Frontier will be equally amenable to a similar thread on the Single Thread Games forum. If the STG forum is not hostile toward such a stickied thread there, then there really is no reason not to have one here. In the distant past, when dinosaurs ruled the forum, we had a similar one to link us to Apolyton's ongoing games.

Forgive me, but I did not want 24 hours to pass by without a single post anywhere on this forum.

Maybe another day. But not today...

A thought I'd like to share...

Both here and The Frontier are pretty much quiet, apart from a couple of game threads ticking over.

People split into camps and indulged in self-congratulation for a while. But now there's no controversy, so nobody has anything to talk about. Even with all the freedom in the world, we simply exist in silence. Entropy has prevailed.

I'm not sure if having everybody together and having arguments was ever a good thing, though. For several years now, it was just arguments giving the veneer of activity, and people like Symphony who didn't even partake in any NESers whatsoever...

I propose the decline of NESing activity had nothing to do with Amon, Symphony, NK, or any of the mods. That just blew the cover off the fact that we have nothing constructive to talk about at all.

I know for some, all that matters is having a few game threads continuing on - that is the essence of NESing after all... But I really miss the sense of community, that became my main motivation for spending time on this hobby. Which I think was really lost sometime 2010, if not earlier. Now most of my old friends are just no longer very active anywhere, especially not during my daytime hours.

I do wish all the best for the people still playing, though. Its heartening to see multiple mods continuing to update here. I'm hoping that things evolve for the better, whatever happens :)

I just wish Stockholme updates one of these days . T_T

A thought I'd like to share...

Both here and The Frontier are pretty much quiet, apart from a couple of game threads ticking over.

People split into camps and indulged in self-congratulation for a while. But now there's no controversy, so nobody has anything to talk about. Even with all the freedom in the world, we simply exist in silence. Entropy has prevailed.

I'm not sure if having everybody together and having arguments was ever a good thing, though. For several years now, it was just arguments giving the veneer of activity, and people like Symphony who didn't even partake in any NESers whatsoever...

I propose the decline of NESing activity had nothing to do with Amon, Symphony, NK, or any of the mods. That just blew the cover off the fact that we have nothing constructive to talk about at all.

I know for some, all that matters is having a few game threads continuing on - that is the essence of NESing after all... But I really miss the sense of community, that became my main motivation for spending time on this hobby. Which I think was really lost sometime 2010, if not earlier. Now most of my old friends are just no longer very active anywhere, especially not during my daytime hours.

I do wish all the best for the people still playing, though. Its heartening to see multiple mods continuing to update here. I'm hoping that things evolve for the better, whatever happens :)

Are you leaving? :(

No I'm not leaving, I'm just bemoaning the ethnic cleansing that has effectively taken place, and the resulting descent into groupthink :p

Well I have a hard year hoping to finish my second degree and a certain lack of muse for writing things. I'm rolling ideas for now...

Daft, you have a thing with trying to open Pandora's box, eh?

Sorry - I don't even know what point I'm making now. I'll stop going on about it!

I've been getting stomped by midterms, so I haven't really been active for the last little bit. Haven't even been on #nes. :(

With the onset of college I haven't really had the time or energy to commit to an NES lately. I still regularly check this forum though and hope for interesting NESes.

I'm trying to get a game off the ground, hopefully enough people have the time/are interested enough to keep it a float. Also assuming that I can juggle modding with class and work, of course.

Man this place went to crap didn't it? I don't even remember the last nes I was in when I was emu.

So, twelve years of moderating NESes has finally paid off. At this time I am officially an award-winning writer, who will actually receive money in return for writing (It's the dream!). My short story submission to Paradox Interactive's Crusader Kings 2 story writing contest was one of the five winners to be selected. I can't really demonstrate how freaking excited I am about this, as it feels like justification for years of improving my writing through here. So I just want to thank everyone who has played in one or more of my NESes and helped me advance my writing to where it is today.

I have to say, after so many 15,000-25,000 word updates for Capto Iugulum and other NESes, a mere 5,000 word short story was nothing!

Top Bottom