[TOT] The Test Of Time Patch Project

A quick question, though, will it be possible to add landmarks through the event file or can they only be added during the set up process?

Yes, only during set up.

Also as a follow up, do you still believe you can implement the new transport mechanism and if so do you have a timeline?

I hope to implement it after finishing the 127 units patch. No timeline on that one I'm afraid. ;)

Hi TNO,

In my current project, I want the North Vietnamese AI to have engineer units but I don't want it to use them to build cities with.

If I understood the comments in this thread correctly, the AI will by default only settle grasslands or plains. If you want them to be able to settle other terrain types you can use the @Fertility feature by adding specific terrain types to the list. If you don't want specific terrain types to be settled simply don't add them to the list.

What if I don't want the AI to be able to settle on any terrain type, including grasslands or plains. Should I then add the two types to the @Fertility list and set their values to 0 (and not include any other terrain types in the list). Example:

@Fertility
Plains, 0,0,0
Grasslands, 0,0,0

Would such a set up in the rules.txt file prevent the AI from building any new cities on any terrain types?

No, that way they'll still be considered fertile, just with a low desirability. What you're looking for can be achieved by simply having an empty @FERTILITY list.

I'm in the middle of overhauling my scenario. At some point, the scenario settings undid themselves and randomly decided to reset the turn date to 4000 bc. I've tried changing it back to Jan 2020 repeatedly with no such luck. The tech paradigm also reset itself back to 10/10. It also stubbornly refuses to be set back to 256/10. None of the scenario options work anymore either.

All I did was trying to add cities during it; cheating engineers into existing, using them to build the cities, etc. I've also been changing existing cities' populations to get the ToT city population counter to generally match most real world data, but I wasn't doing that when the bug started. I have three saves; the one with the long filename is the last known save where the scenario settings still work.

Anything I can do to fix it, or is it a bug I can't fix?

Attachments

• bugs2.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 101
Hey you guys!

I am fully patched with 1.1 and attempted to run the TOTPP but is shows unknown CIV2.exe version (and also says not patched) and everything is greyed out. I am running it from the folder with the .exe. any ideas?

Thanks,

-K

Hi TNO. I've run into another design problem with my Burma scenario. In order to simulate "The Hump", the airlift of supplies to China, I built an airport in a British-controlled city in north India and one in China, near Kunming, both near the north edge of the map. The idea was to airlift supply units to China using the airports. However, it seems that they are all shot down by the Japanese. I used cheat-mode to check the deployment of JAAF fighters, and only one is even in range of the northern map edge. So I have 2 questions:

1. What are the factors the AI uses to calculate the possibility of a successful air transport mission? Does it include the presence of friendly fighters?

2. Can a patch be developed to allow the odds to be modified? Right now the odds are 95% against. I'd like them to be about 25%.

Your patch has greatly assisted in this difficult scenario so far. I really hope you can help again. Thanks.

Hey you guys!

I am fully patched with 1.1 and attempted to run the TOTPP but is shows unknown CIV2.exe version (and also says not patched) and everything is greyed out. I am running it from the folder with the .exe. any ideas?

Thanks,

-K

If I were you, I would re-install a completely vanilla ToT version.
(you can have as many ToT folder as you want, I run about three.)

And just install the ToTPP into that new folder, then run the patch exe.

It worked for me!

TNO - Would it be possible to change the amount of money offered to a tribe as tribute?
Right now we get four gold amount choices. Can that be increased to eight or more?

Also a patch dealing with AI aggression, and removing the ill-effects of the player
being the top civ in the game would be nice! Just blue-skying some ideas...!

Once again, you are a hero to we modders!

I heard in a CIV2 guide that this naval bonus was a myth.

By my own testing and those of others, naval units get a terrain bonus. BTW, I've caught some errors in these old CIV2 guides. For example, I remember reading that the city wall improvement overrides any terrain bonuses that ground units get when defending against other ground units. However, this is clearly not the case. Try using an armor to attack a musketeer defending a walled mountaintop city. The armor will almost always lose!

The idea was to airlift supply units to China using the airports. However, it seems that they are all shot down by the Japanese. I used cheat-mode to check the deployment of JAAF fighters, and only one is even in range of the northern map edge.

Just curious... do the Japanese have any ground units with the "fighter" flag? It turns out that ground units - not just fighters - with the "can attack air unit" flag can shoot down airlifts. Perhaps you already knew this.

Just think mobile SAM batteries as actual units. ;)

So conceivably, an enemy SAM unit situated near your city that is sending or receiving airlifts could very well be the culprit shooting down your airlift. :)

I wonder what role "range" plays in the calculation? eg. fighter units have a range, while SAM units do not.

That's a good question. I just ran an experiment in which the enemy has a single anti-aircraft gun and no aircraft. It turns out that the AA gun can shoot down my airlifts even with a range of 0 and an attack value of 0. However, it must be given the "air superiority" role in order to interfere with airlifts. Also, its movement value needs to be high enough to put it within range of the departure or arrival city. For example, if the gun is 4 spaces away from one of my cities, then it needs to have a movement value >3.

Top Bottom