Botwawki 2.6

Option 1 and repair armor

I agree we should sell the armor. Should we sell one of the magnums as well?

Yes!!

December 30, 2259

The Traveler
Spoiler :

Strength: 7
Perception: 3 (+1)
Endurance: 5 (+1)
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 6
Agility: 4
Luck: 4
Party
Routine-Oriented Mr. Handy
Equipment
Spoiler :

1 .44 Magnum Revolver (6 Clips)
1 9mm Pistol (3 Clips)
1 10mm Submachine Gun (Equipped; 2 Clips)
-Advanced Recoil System
1 Gladius
1 Mesmetron
1 OPD Swat Armor (Equipped)
1 Pip-Boy
4,100 Caps

Factions
Spoiler :

Atom Union: Neutral (5)
Empire of America: Neutral (-5)
Enclave: Neutral (5)
Florida Reclamation District: Member (95)
Georgia Reclamation District: Neutral (5)
Honest Businessman: Trusted (25)
Jacksonia: Criminal (-40)
Maritime Collective: Neutral (5)
New Gulf Commonwealth: Trusted (20)
Parker and Sons Caravan Company: Neutral (-5)
Sons of Oscar: Ally (40)
Sunshine Kingdom: Neutral (-5)
Universal Reclamation Project: Neutral (10)

Option 1 Selected
+1,100 Caps from sold equipment

You wander around Saint Augustine looking for work, and eventually find some here and there. What really gets offers coming your way is when chaos breaks out in the old slave market. Three Brahmin get loose in the square and start rampaging back and forth. Using nothing but your bare hands you manage to wrangle the beasts and bring them under control. The grateful merchant gives you a small sum of caps and you begin to receive offers of employment. (Strength Challenge succeeded, +50 Caps)

You are at Saint Augustine in the Sunshine Trade League
Local merchants offer to buy the following items you have
Spoiler :

Gladius: 50 Caps
.44 Magnum Revolver: 300 Caps each
-.44 Magnum clips: 5 Caps Each
10mm Submachine Gun: 500 Caps
-10mm Clips: 5 Caps each
Mesmetron: 300 Caps
Assault Rifle: 750 Caps
-Assault Rifle Clips: 10 Caps each
OPD Swat Armor: 800 Caps
Pip-Boy: 1,500 Caps

Local merchants have the following items for sale:
Spoiler :

Polearm: 50 Caps
Longsword: 75 Caps
Metal Shield: 100 Caps
9mm Pistol: 100 Caps
-Clips: 10 Caps each
10mm Pistol: 200 Caps
-10mm Clips: 10 Caps each
Hunting Rifle: 500 Caps
-Clips: 10 Caps Each

Local Black Market merchants have the following for sale:
Spoiler :

Gauss Rifle: 3,000 Caps
-Gauss Rifle Clips: 50 Caps each
Laser Rifle: 4,000 Caps

1. The Royal Archeological Society is looking to hire laborers for a dig to verify the authenticity of the claims of Saint Augustine's age. They look to build a facility in town and begin excavating operations around the College and on the island to the east. They need manual laborers and have offered to pay 700 for a week's work. 7 Days

2. A shady individual approaches you and claims to operate a group of prize fighters in Saint Augustine. He states that he'd like to have you on board as a fighter. You would just have to train for a few days before your first fight. You would be given a third of the proceeds if you win. 5 Days

3. The New Year's holiday is always a rowdy one in Saint Augustine, a local tavern and inn wants to hire you on as a bouncer until the holiday is over. They will pay you with a free room and 400 Caps. 4 Days

4. Wait around for other opportunities to emerge.

5. Head off in any direction, seeking adventure (Specify direction).

OOC STUFF

All right, so we're done with another round of the Traveler. So, here's the questions for you to answer while we wait for the next update:

1. How did you like the stories of the past few months? What worked? What didn't?

2. I feel really bad that the Traveler buried DuneBear's excellent story. Also orders on the thread are harder to find with all of these posts. Should the Traveler receive his own thread?

OPTION 2!

Option 1. Digging sounds fun... cause science!

OCC

I like the stories. Dunebear's story was actually a good and sad read.

I'd say the Traveler should get his own threat.

I also really like following the stories along, but think a separate thread is necessary, diolomacy, other stories and even the updates are getting buried.

Option 1!
Own thread!

Option 2.

And yes, separate thread for the Traveler's adventures would be good.

As for what works and what doesn't - I don't know how to fix it, but random travels through the wilderness seem to be not as exciting as visiting cities. Although it's a general feature of all RPGs with free world.

I think the open wasteland is less attractive to me for two reasons:

1. Majority of quest chains starts in cities (although there are some pleasant exceptions);
2. Visiting cities allows to see the factions from ground level, while wasteland is, well, wasteland.

I rather like wandering through the wasteland, maybe even more so than settlements. Civilisation is overrated.

So says the "Reclamation" faction :p

Option 1.

I really like it when the Traveler is near civilization. In addition to providing us with interesting descriptions of our factions, that allows him to witness or to get involved in the main game happenings. If he is at the very end of the world dealing with tribals and distant ruins, surely you should not expect anything beyond casual Quests.

Top Bottom