The world considers you a villain

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you run the AP religion, you are immune from "assign city to some douche". Which you probably should.

The AP is a pretty awful feature, I'd say as well, though I've won a lot more games by it then I've lost.

If you run the AP religion, you are immune from "assign city to some douche". Which you probably should.

The AP is a pretty awful feature, I'd say as well, though I've won a lot more games by it then I've lost.

Same here. It's not a well-thought out feature with the cheese victory. But it's a game feature the player can exploit even without the AP diplo victory.

I definitely agree with running the AP religion as my state religion. The imminuity form "assign city to some douche" is only one of the benefits. You also get twice as many votes in AP elections which might lead to you controlling it. When you are resident is when the fun begins - you know decide what to vote on and can now ask for "assign douche's city to me". I'm now on good terms with others who share the AP religion and can get in on some dogpiles without having to bribe the idiots. Heck, if I control the AP I can start the dogpiles. Just remember to spread the AP religion to all your cities if you do this for maximum votes.

And remember that if you're going to war with another member, declare the turn after a resolution is voted on to get the maximum time before forced peace.

I was wondering how in some games I would get completely nuked by AP city assignments and other games didn't get hit with any. Be the AP religion. Duh.

You DO still get hit with the "stop the war" votes in the AP, which can be annoying in their own right although not as catastrophic as the "give away cities" votes. Mainly just don't let your stack get caught behind enemy lines when run into a force-peace, march the opposite way and invade someone else for 10 turns.

Vassals can defy a resolution for you, though you might not have a vassal yet.

Spiritual civs (or if you can time a golden age) can be useful in getting around this, by temporarily switching into a heathen religion and then using a spy to switch them into it. Then switch back. Suddenly everyone hates them and they lost half their votes and possibly even their residency.

This happened to me earlier especially after I said "never!" to one of the AP resolutions, "stop the war on some douche". Until you declare peace or succesfully take all your opponent's cities.

Always be prepared for the AP to pop up. When you hit Medieval, start building a stack of units and find the damned thing. Park your stack as close to it as you can without actually going into the guy's borders. Remember, this can be on a bunch of ships offshore.

Aside: It generally IS, if it is a coastal city, as that is the shortest way in. The way cultural borders work over water is terrible. At most, it is two squares, which means any water unit can zip in on war dec and dump a bunch of units right INTO your city.

The second you see a resolution you don't like or the AP starts to bother you, send in the stack and raze it.

Call it... "insurance"...

This happened to me earlier especially after I said "never!" to one of the AP resolutions, "stop the war on some douche". Until you declare peace or succesfully take all your opponent's cities.

This is a situation where it's sometimes good to only have the AP religion in 1 or 2 cities. Defying only hurts those cities.

On smaller maps, if you spread the AP religion and adopt it, you can often control this. You get no unhappiness for defying if the resolution wouldn't have passed anyway. Your never simply becomes a "no" vote and the resolution doesn't pass. Remember, if the AP religion is your state religion you get double votes. On larger maps this is less likely to happen, but I still hate to give up my hammers. I'll often swallow the peace and build up for another DOW in 20 turns.

Another possibility that often isn't discussed is to attack the turn after the AP has voted on some resolution. Maximum time before the AP pops up the "stop killing the doofus" resolution. Or attack some heathen and then use an AP dogpile on him. Remember, the peace resolution doesn't come up if you're at war with a heathen without the AP religion. The only possible resolution would be stop trading with doofus or declare war on doofus. Or something irrelevant. And if you're the AP Resident, you can pick the resolution.

Diplo is important with the AP. Be extra nice to those Civs that aren't your opponent in the Resident election. They'll be more likely to vote for you for Resident. And if you are the Resident, the AP has no downside.

Apologies for pulling a Lazarus in this thread, but I think I need to figure out what I'm doing *right* here. I've been playing a Marathon game over the past few days and continually defy AP resolutions and I've *never* had the "The world considers you a villain!" penalty. Even when I went to war with the AP resident, no great outcry.
I'm playing on Noble, so I doubt it's *entirely* difficulty based. I'm assuming it's because I'm a different religion and not a full member. As if I know.

I have got it on warlord.

Answer is simple: Execute or send away your subjects who do that! It's their fault they will die. (AKA Go into Worldbuilder and take some pop from a city, and a religion)
Sure, I'll get some :eek: looks, and some :mad: from my people, but they would starve anyway.:mischief: Besides, the alternative would be helping them.

Now if you don't mind, I have got to go nuke some AIs faces off.

I have got it on warlord.

Answer is simple: Execute or send away your subjects who do that! It's their fault they will die. (AKA Go into Worldbuilder and take some pop from a city, and a religion)
Sure, I'll get some :eek: looks, and some :mad: from my people, but they would starve anyway.:mischief: Besides, the alternative would be helping them.

Now if you don't mind, I have got to go nuke some AIs faces off.

"There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance..."

Moderator Action: Please report posts you find distaseful or rule breaking. Do not troll them.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Fourth post necroing a 4-year old thread with advice to use WorldBuilder. :cringe:

Isnt that the writing quote?

That's the education quote. I wanted to express, that I find the post of Spitfire so poor, that I'm sad because of it.

Fourth post necroing a 4-year old thread with advice to use WorldBuilder. :cringe:

Hey, You can hate it if you like. But I call it a *insert civ name's* Inquisition! Isabella of Spain did it in real life: "Go bugger off you Jews". So it is possible IRL. :p

Moderator Action: Please do not troll the forums. This post is not acceptable.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The Inquisition attacked conversos suspected to practice their original faith in secret, but was not directly responsible for the Alhambra Edict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom