Different types of victory

Heretiv

Warlord
Don't you find it odd that you need much of the same thing to achieve the different victories?

I mean havign good tech is essential for the tech win, but also happens pretty much on the side in a domination win?
Going for a cultural win you need a decent ammount of cities and indeed research to keep on winning free great peoples - and have good production for the United Nations.

Economic, well, I can see you could possibly slow down on the tech side after you have banking - but, you do need good produciton to crank out the World Bank in reasonable time.

Well, the game is the game. You always have the same basic processes. It may just be my own emphasis, but I tend to define the four victory types by their differences. For instance, in conquest games, I build very, very few buildings. Just a couple of barracks and maybe a trading post and a market if I get them as "first to learn" bonuses. I literally only go for a culture win when I spy the Arc of the Covenant. One occasion where i fully agree with your point is a tech win v. an economic win. Since you pretty much want/need libraries or markets to achieve those victory conditions, I have to make certain cities focus on either tech or gold at all times. That means that since in (for instance) a tech game, I build libraries and have a bunch of cities which never make money, I also have to build some markets to 'make up' for lost revenue. Usually, in conquest games I just don't build the buildings, have lots of cities and flip them between science and gold to get the mix I want.

Top Bottom