Teach me and you. Give me a gem.

92. On a related note to above, just because it pops up with the "do you want to change to x", don't immediately do. Go to your civics and see if there are any other changes you want to do now or very shortly. Batching civics changes can save you precious turns of anarchy.

You're a long-range planner, not limited to the typical 80 years of flesh and blood -- don't worry about not being "first" in points during the first 2/3rds of the game

Never underestimate the value of espionage, get used to using it. It's great for seeing what your opponents are building, and also to put a city into revolt that you are planning to attack. And in late game if you have the SS victory turned on it's the only peaceful way that I have found to hinder your opponents SS project.

95) Take advantage of a primitive unit's ability to obtain promotions a more advanced unit cannot. When upgraded, this creates deadlier advanced soldiers--CR Rifles and Grenadiers, and Formation/Pinch/CG Machine Guns, for instance.

96) Dominate the skies and it's much easier to dominate the land and sea.

97) Read Attacko's strategy guides in the strategy forums to realize that CIV is only a game and do not take any strategy guide seriously (especially from Attacko).

@ Stoney the I

Fixed it for you.

Per DaveMCW, when I was grinding emperor games to make the jump there permanently last summer and I wanted to know early tech priorities:

9. Your first priority is to expand to middle-of-the-pack in size, your second priority is monarchy and cottages. (aka early happy cap/income = critical)

During Immortal University Boudica:

10. DMOC (I think it was him): What are you going to do with your second GP?
TMIT: 2nd?
DMOC: You...did get a first one already, right?
TMIT: ... :(.

Conclusion: Farm your 1st GS early. In the BC's. The 2nd one comes early ADs at the latest. Then set up a GP farm to crank them out faster.

Lessons learned from ABigCivFan:

11. A big part of this game is to make super cities out of all the multiplier buildings, especially bureaucracy with library, academy, university, oxford, observatory. (When I started doing this, I started teching faster than a lot of people can manage with a perfect pyramids start with rep. Of course, if you mix it with the pyramids on a good start then......)

Per one of Unconquered Sun's games:

12. If you're really good at farming Great Scientists and managing perfect tiles, you can win the liberalism race. In 100 AD.

Notes: All of the above are top notch players (exception: TMIT :p).

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

98. Don't read Attacko's strategy guides.

He gets many joyous unions (and intersections) from his beloved Venn diagrams.

He gets many joyous unions (and intersections) from his beloved Venn diagrams.

And I made a wonderful and witty comment about that in the Lamest Resource thread, but alas, noone noticed. :(

100. Steal barbarian workers by putting a military unit (other than a scout) in a galley (not trireme, as previously misstated) and sneak up on a coastal barbarian city and snatch the worker with an amphibious attack.

Thanks for catching my fumble.

Top Bottom