Civ Rev Ipod / Ipad strategy

chesspupil

Chieftain
This game has a very easy exploit. I am curious if all platforms have the same weakness.

These could just as easy be fixes for 2K to fix but I doubt they will:

Simply dash for Currency in your normal matter. Agree early and often with other civs for tech trading. Then stop all research. Save your cash to 250 or 500 and "Banking" is a free tech. Buy Markets as soon as can be afforded, in your highest gold producing cities first. Each city needs to have a Market then a Bank and collect all gold and whatever minimal amount or research is done. Set your population for food production. Use Harbor third and the courthouse. Beginning with your first purchase be sure you are advancing your highest producers of gold first.

Buy the Far East trading company and Internet wonders. Colossus as well.

If you are on higher levels of difficulty you may need to get off the central landmass until your research ramps you up enough to where your gold is growing faster than your ability to spend it all on every building.

Another easy trick once you have about four cities is that all your new Settlers when they find a city are about 4-5 population. Have them rush a new settler on the very same turn that they start a new city for about 100 gold.

The Japanese have a +1 food bonus from sea areas and the AI's generally don't do much with the one block tiles. Since are using Gold to buy all your production you wont need to worry about resources. A island city with a Harbor added on grows really fast!

Keep your gold from going over 5000 until you are done settling islands. ( I normally go for 8-10 cities) Then let your reserves build up and you get free Aqueducts at 5000.

My build order:

Markets, Banks, Harbor, Courthouse (Granery and Aqueducts are free) then let the situation guild you from there.

Your biggest city can earn over 1000 Gold each turn with the Trade Fair wonder that you can Rush build. and a great person to double your outputs. Others are pulling over 300

Triple stack (Make Army of) your units. On the water the AI very rarely does this.

Your units can be fortified without waiting for their next turn to do so if they are selected prior to the end of the turn after they have moved.

Favorite CIVS:

Japan, Greek (Same ability but only in the late game) Mongols if you are playing the Barbarian Apocalypse mode.

My 'rants'
One complaint is that a nuke while it was given enough movement to go anywhere it really cant with the interface beyond about 15 tiles. Be sure you build the wonder close to your target if you plan to use it. Needs a sleep mode.

The build screen needs to show current troops on the tiles.

Bombers... no way of telling if they are move two or three (Unlike CIV I)

Missing Culture / wealth / research build options

Tiles move really slow at times. Some pieces are skipped once your active pieces get really high up there.

The active unit does not show the ring around it at all times.

Save games become confusing when you play the same civ... Civ-Level-year is all you get

Submarine is a terrible waste with only two movement and terrible defense.

If you follow up one branch of the tree you actually get other tech branches for free and without notification.

Road creation effects are almost random at times. Adjacent roads are not necessarily connected.The graffix do not match up. Units will often take the straightest path but if you move them in small steps you can sometimes move a unit from one side of the land mass to the other. No creation of roads to say a ship pick-up point.

I have noted that my ipod touch battery drains faster with this app than with any other.

Top Bottom