Culture win on Quick

The "financial" trait mostly helps with the slider : +1 commerce (You get from tiles) with culture slider set to 100% means it's just +1 culture per turn so it's not crucial. I am honestly suprised that there is no "creative" on the list here ... ;)
It's +1 base culture/turn/worked tile with 2 or more commerce. In your capital (which by the way usually is better of growing cottages while other cities build wonders), this can easily mean +15 base culture/turn, run it through a few cathedrals and Free Speech, then it might become +60 culture/turn.

Creative is a nice trait, but it pales in comparison to the other on that list when it comes to culture games.

It's +1 base culture/turn/worked tile with 2 or more commerce. In your capital (which by the way usually is better of growing cottages while other cities build wonders), this can easily mean +15 base culture/turn, run it through a few cathedrals and Free Speech, then it might become +60 culture/turn.

Creative is a nice trait, but it pales in comparison to the other on that list when it comes to culture games.

hmm... Perhaps I have not gave it much thought. You are right but is the final output of the financial more important than getting the things (infrastracture I mean: temples, cathedrals, theatres, wonders and such) done much earlier ?

When choosing to go for a culture victory what civ do Immortal/Deity players pick from game creation? Why do you choose that civ/leader and why? What tactics and steps do you take to reach it fast. ( yes I recognize some of this has been discussed in this thread, but no mention of what civ you would pick at the beginning and why.)

When starting a game to win a culture victory my primary choice has always been Qin of China. My reasons are as follows - protective allows me better defense if I'm DoW'ed on. Mid game Cho-Ko-Nu + cats are killer against enemy unit stacks. - Industrious lets me build lots of wonders to provide culture as well as great artist making wonders. The Pavilion is a key building to acquire early to maximize culture production along with religious buildings. With that having been said I'm certain higher level players will question my choice of Qin. Therefore I moved this thread down this path to discuss this and better perfect my culture victory strategies.

I own a #1 HoF slot, with a game, where I only had 2 Religions, and lacked the resources for 1 type of Cathedrals. The leader was "Zara Yakob" , Stele's ftw!

Gandhi is still better though.

hmm... Perhaps I have not gave it much thought. You are right but is the final output of the financial more important than getting the things (infrastracture I mean: temples, cathedrals, theatres, wonders and such) done much earlier ?
You might notice that when rah mentioned SPI, IND and FIN as the best traits to pair up with PHI, I mentioned Gandhi and Ramesses as my favorites. Not Lizzy. So no, I don't think financial is more important than fast temples and wonders. But I still think FIN is better than CRE.

Feel like I'm gonna throw my 2 cents into this. Industrial is great and I feel that most of the early wonders are done in the capital so industrial makes it more easy to meke You capital an "L" city but not always. The crucial factor I think and I agree is PHIL because You can culture bomb more often which is even a greater boost than industrious -> half of the hammers required to build a wonder :O . The "financial" trait mostly helps with the slider : +1 commerce (You get from tiles) with culture slider set to 100% means it's just +1 culture per turn so it's not crucial. I am honestly suprised that there is no "creative" on the list here ... ;)

oh I forgot "spiritual" just means You'll need 50% less hammers to build a temple which means You get cathedrals faster but I've always felt like religion limists rather than help... just a personal view I guess ;)

IND: is actually only +50% :hammers: on wonders (meaning there is +1 :hammers: after every 2 :hammers:) And the passive culture coming from wonders pales in comparison to what you can get from commerce and bulbing. From commerce especially if you build multiplier buildings like cathedrals. So I don't really understand the remark on religion being a drawback.

Also: CRE is a fantastic trait for rexing, be it via aggressive settling or war. Which is something you typically don't do when going for a culture win. As for the +2 culture / turn: it's not really significant. It means maybe +500 culture in a city for a whole game? That's not relevant. The traits Rah listed are all better than that.

Top Bottom