Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod

@Chrisbburn: see post #292

@TravisDSu: see post #1

@Chrisbburn: see post #292

@TravisDSu: see post #1

Thanks for replying Howard, but there's no link in the first post. THe download link takes me to the steam workshop page for this mod which only gives the 10.00 version, which is incompatible with my current civ 5 bnw version.
This is why I was hoping for a direct download link to the newest version of this mod.

Thanks

, but there's no link in the first post. THe download link takes me to the steam workshop page for this mod

RTFM - There are TWO links under the Downloads section

RTFM - There are TWO links under the Downloads section

The second link is to source and code package or whatever, it doesn't take me to a direct download to the mod. But I'm not sure which version will help. I have civ 1.3.18

The second link is to source and code package or whatever, it doesn't take me to a direct download to the mod.
Did you actually download the file in that link and open the archive? I suspect not, otherwise you would know that it contains both the mod and the source code.

But I'm not sure which version will help. I have civ 1.3.18
Then enable Steam and upgrade your game to the latest version. If, however, you have a pirated copy (and it is well know that 1.0.3.18 is the last version of the game available on most pirate sites), please read the ToC for this site, then go away.

Did you actually download the file in that link and open the archive? I suspect not, otherwise you would know that it contains both the mod and the source code.

Then enable Steam and upgrade your game to the latest version. If, however, you have a pirated copy (and it is well know that 1.0.3.18 is the last version of the game available on most pirate sites), please read the ToC for this site, then go away.

My copy is not pirated. I bought it ages ago and have not come around to playing it until now. I don't have a steam account, does that matter?

and have not come around to playing it until now. I don't have a steam account, does that matter?

Then how did you activate the game - as that requires a Steam account?

Unless it's for a Mac, in which case you can't use DLL mods anyway (PC only)

Then how did you activate the game - as that requires a Steam account?

Unless it's for a Mac, in which case you can't use DLL mods anyway (PC only)

My mate who bought me the game let me use his account to activate it, but like I said, I don't have my own steam account. Does that matter?

Can you detail the exact % of culture or gold you pay from getting a vassal, or being a vassal yourself? Thanks

Thanks for making a non-Steam version. Will try it out. :)

My mate who bought me the game let me use his account to activate it, but like I said, I don't have my own steam account. Does that matter?

The confusion Steam causes. It could be a problem in the future since the game is always stuck to his account and his computer. You can either go to the Steam site (by his steam account - the easiest way probably for you) and download or download the mod files and install separately.

However, you have to do almost everything by Steam now. You can`t play the game without Steam on.

Gone are the days you could borrow a friend`s game and just play without this nonsense.

Stop talking about nonsense like that.

Ontopic, will this great mod ever be updated again?
Ive been using the steam workshop version for a long time, seems to work fine.
Is it still outdated? Should i grab the direct link version?

is this mod compatible with latest patch because when i use it all technologies are available to trade with other civs from the very start yet i don't have them researched?

One of the few diplomacy features in CivRev was the ability to have one leader arrange introductions between two other leaders who have not met each other. (I know the player could request introductions, but I can't remember if they could broker them, too.) I know this is specifically titled Civ 4 Diplomacy features, but is there any chance Introduction brokering could be added (or find an interesting/balanced niche) through this mod?

this mod is pretty much dead. it doesn't work correctly on the latest patch and the author is MIA.

doesn't work correctly on the latest patch

Just this mod as standalone (ie using it's own DLL) or if you use Civ IV Diplo with the combined DLL?

Top Bottom