DLL - Various Mod Comps + Civ IV Diplo + CSD mods

In that case the DLL is not being loaded. Verify your game against Steam to make sure you really do have the latest version - it's reported at the bottom of the Main Menu screen. If you don't have a Steam account, then we can't help you.

What? Everything seems to be up to date; my production code for BNW is activated, version 1.0.3.144, and Steam client is also up to date. This is getting me a serious headache :)

And yes, all files were validated by steam when I verified the integrity of game cache.

The DLL isn't being loaded and can create a CVminidump because the CTD happens during "configuring game data"

This crash happens only when various mod comps (v51 or v52) is enabled on the mod screen and clicking next.
All other mods I've tried works and loads nicely, it's only when your mod is enabled (I've tried running only "various mod comps", to make sure as well) that it happens.

I have been trying to set this up alongside Communitas but I keep running into a strange UI error. Along the top where it should have all the information about gold, culture etc., I instead get a repeating "UI didn't load!" I have tried several combinations of mods and I have managed to narrow it down to this one causing the error. I don't get any CTD or anything like that, just the UI error.

Any insight or solution would be much appreciated.

The DLL isn't being loaded and can create a CVminidump because the CTD happens during "configuring game data"

This crash happens only when various mod comps (v51 or v52) is enabled on the mod screen and clicking next.
All other mods I've tried works and loads nicely, it's only when your mod is enabled (I've tried running only "various mod comps", to make sure as well) that it happens.

Same, And before your ask I have set only your mods and tried to load the game. I have tried just the DLL, CIV 4 Diplomacy and Features CSD, and its features. If I check those mods only my game will not launch if i choose to start in the information age. If I choose to start in the ancient age the game will start but crash the second I enter Gunpowder age. TESTED OVER AND OVER. However, If I load the dll and just the Civ 4 Diplomacy and its features I can load a billion other mods and play a full game ancient to information. I've appeared to have isolated the problem to somethings with CSD and or its features. Help would be appreciated.

P.S I have been substituting the CSD MOD with the CSD No DLL which gets ride of the gold gifts but removes all the amazing World Congress stuff.

Hey whoward, first off - thanks for all the work you've put into this combined dll. I can't imagine the headache it must be managing compatibility for so many major mods.

Anyway, I spent all of last night troubleshooting and reading through this thread and I've got nothing, so here goes.

When running Div IV Diplo Features alone, or paired with the combined DLL, everything works fine. When I add CSD to the mix, all the diplomatic features go wonky. CSD works fine, but this is what happens when I try to talk to another leader.

I've followed your instructions to the letter, the combined dll is the only dll file being used, and the five core mods are the only ones in play. Where do I go from here?

Hello whoward. im using dll 34 civ V 52. and civ IV diplomatic features. i did everything that is written on the 1 page. but i dont get the vassal option in diplo screen. and dont get the help option when friends with a civ either and stuff. only thing i can se is working is diplo values. u know what is wrong maybee? it worked before, i think i had the same version as now to. i only deleted the dll in IV diplo features now as it says in first page, and put the > in the DiploCurrentDeals that was different from what i played before when it worked.

u know what is wrong maybee?

Sorry can't help, I only merged the code bases, I don't actually play with either CSD or CivIV Diplo. Hopefully someoneelse reading this thread and playing with the mod(s) can help you out.

okey thanks for answer. i got it to show up in the game now, but another problem came up. just the same as bladex show on the photo on page 5 in this thread. any solution on that?

any answer on the problem on the post over here? i have waiting to play the game until i can get it fixed, so would like to know if i can do something so i can start play again:p

In my current game I decided to play DLL62 vs 53. It seems the AI is spamming diplomats in 62. Is anyone else playing the combined mod with 62 and seeing the same thing? 53 seemed to work as one would expect.

I would suggest using 53 if playing the combined mods and only loading them from the first page not from steam. I have had no problems with 53 used with the combined mods and play 147 of Howard's mods plus a number of non-howard mods. I don't believe there is any testing of the combined mods beyond 53. any recent mods such as truly free great people will not load with 53.

From what I can tell, one player (AI or otherwise) will spawn an infinite amount of Great Diplomats, 1 per turn.

This somehow resulted in one AI making 200 million+ gold and 200 million+ culture per turn.
Hi Whoward

I am having a problem with the combined DLL and CSD working together the problem is that as soon as 1 Great Diplomat is spawned through the normal way or buildings or policy they spawn continuously each turn. This seems to happen for the AI as well as the player.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Spoiler :

Here is what iposted in the CSD thread..

Cache cleaned and only tested using the combined DLL and CSD v24 and the Dipolmacy CS v4, really advanced setup and EUI

Think it may have something to do with the Roman Forum? I was only using v63 of Combined DLL, CSD v24 from the combined link and really advanced setup to test. Will upload the logs.

Nope nothing to do with the Roman Forum I just tested with it disabled and got the same result after selecting a Great Diplo as the Liberty finisher. It seems that as soon as you spawn a great diplomat the spam each turn from then onwards will try it without the combined DLL.

So tried it without the Combined DLL and no Diplo spam.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    6.9 KB · Views: 56
I put this on the DLL page but also putting it here....

I am going to 63 since I have discovered an issue with my tourism counter not going pass 34 when the excavation of ancient ruins. My question is the spamming of diplomats fixed in the DLL 63 posted which has a date earlier than the date on the forums for the fix. It states version one. There is a community patch v63.2 which disappears then I load mods which is suppose to fix this bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazebo View Post
Okay, so I've looked it over right quick, and I added a unified yield table for the GD that wasn't there. On my end, it seems to be working. I produced GDs naturally and via the Roman Forum, and I did not notice any bizarre numbers. I even tried saving and loading just to make sure it wasn't a save corruption issue. Here's the version I tested - try it out and let me know if it works.
G
dated 9/19 and the dll 63 posted is dated 9/15. My games last a very long time over many days and I hate getting to a point after 300-400 turns and find out it is broken. I had pointed the issue with the spamming of diplomats out on an earlier post which made me go back to 53 since I got zero response. I would very much appreciate an answer. thank you

fyi with the posted 63 with the combined mods I get a CTD when jumping to modern era.

hello @whoward69

I have a problem and nobody wants it ;)

like i.e. Skodkim , I got the same ressource display icon bug.

found in thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512263&page=59

posts #1172 and #1179

I thought it's related to the community patch project but Gazebo linked to you :D

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528142&page=25

posts #481 and 482#

Are YOU willing to look at it ? ;)

Considering that Whoward is on the CP team, the link to him isn't all that out of the ordinary. :)
G

Ok ok I will be patient :bowdown:

btw.: thanks to all of you envolved in lifting/patching/modding civV to a new dimension.
pls keep on the fantastic work.

So all we need to do now are waiting Whoward new version of DLL ?

This GD eternal spam was very annoy to play right now.

Btw, if only me or anyone else when using mod Tunnel Improvement, i can create a Tunnel unit but it turned out that Tunnel unit couldnt climb on mountain to build tunnel. I use BNW version !!!

Top Bottom