C3C PBEM : "Test1" - Falklands War scenario

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami
This is a test PBEM for the MP version of the Falklands War.

I haven't released it yet publicly as I want to test it first. Since it is a modern scenario the AI is not too good so this scenario is mostly aimed at the MP/PBEM community.

For this PBEM I would like someone with prefereably some expertise in modding and modern warfare as units stats will probably need some balancing.

Since it is mostly for a MP game, historical accuracy will come second to balance albeit I try to respect as much as possible the names and number of troops.

Prior to the game, the other player will have access to the biq so as to make some prelimianry changes then we can play the game, and maybe do some more changes and restart it if needed.
To play I will provide the link to the beta version which is a large file (15 MB zipped).

The game itself should go quickly since it is a 2-player scenario with only war. I don't care about who plays who.

Civs :
- England :
- Argentinia :

Players :
- Loulong
- Classical_hero

Not experienced enough to help with what you are looking for i don't think, but the concept interests me..... The Falklands war could have been a lot different on a number of points

If you are desperate, let me know

OK, I will take Classical_hero. If it works fine then maybe you can play the official version when it is released, James I. Is that OK ?
This test won't probably be extremely fun but more testing.

classical_hero said:
I would not mind being a tester for this.

Nice ! :)

Do you have any preference ? England (invasion) or Argentina (taking quick control then developping the defenses of the islands).

Sent you a mail about the way to get it.

I'll be happy to play the first official game with Classical Hero when you guys have finished.....

Strange you cannot download it.

I put it on eMule so can someone else check if it can be seen/downloaded from there ?)

BTW it is prefectly legal to download this file !

I would like to be the Argentinians. Plus I have a screenie to see if this is what you wanted with some of the planes, because they can move like ordinary units for some of them. Is that what you wanted with some of the planes?

Attachments

• Argentina.jpg
    Argentina.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 112
Indeed not lol
Forgot to flag these planes as 'immobile". Done now ! Good catch !
I never even went for that feature so did not see the bug...

Sent you the new biq, ready to go (with hopefully no bugs, and hopefully with interesting (and working) helicopters.

Game started.

The English watch helplessly as Argentinia in a mjor show of military force is about to capture the basically undefended Falklands...

We take good notice of the names of the ships taking part in this operation as they will be interesting wrecks.

Attachments

• Falk01.JPG
    Falk01.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 2,203
LouLong said:
Indeed not lol
Forgot to flag these planes as 'immobile". Done now ! Good catch !
I never even went for that feature so did not see the bug...

Sent you the new biq, ready to go (with hopefully no bugs, and hopefully with interesting (and working) helicopters.
I just saw that is was possible, so I tried to see what it can do. It was a good thing that I had a keen eye for it.

We have taken all the cities. We have taken 18143 gold from you coffers. We have enjoyed that money and it will be used to great effect.

I have a suggestion. I believe that all resource requirements for this scenario should be dropped, because there are no resources and Argentina would have been able to build nore units beside infantry.

The war was actually very short and Argentinia did not commit most of its armies. So I give them the possibility of conscripting or building some infantries and I think that should be enough. They would not have bought/built more planes or high-level weapons (tanks, artillery,...).
The order of battle is then supposed to remain more or less the same except if Argentinia wants to send some few and weak infantry reinforcements.

I thought so, but I had better to ask so I knew for sure. Why do transport have the penalty, since they will go close to shore most of the time? I believe that this is inaccurate with transports.

Well, because the English have 2 types of transports : large, slower, oceanic ones and on the other hand some smaller ones that ignore the coastal malus = landing crafts. Since Argentinian transports were more of the first type they suffer the malus.

For all these questions/answers : I will tell you if it is a bug or an intended feature but in the latter case my answer explains the reason but does not mean it is the perfect one and it cannot be changed. So I invite you to question them if you want.

BTW no way to enforce them but I think it would be more accurate to try to follow these small rules :
- no more than 5 ships of any kind on the same square.
- no more than 5 planes on the same airfield (helicopters don't count).

What do you think ?
I will try to follow these rules anyway as they would be realistic IMHO and for instance avoid the "bomber has been shot" over a SoD of ships making them impossible to bomb.

BTW GPS

Top Bottom