Heroes of the Three Kingdoms

what mods do you active at the same time?
a conflict define of a text tag with another mod will cause this error
also, check if you have deleted old version

and is there any other thing goes wrong?

I've deleted the entire CIV 5 folder under "my games" and re-downloaded the two mods. The only mods I have listed as downloaded are the DLC mods, but I only have the 2 T3K mods as "enabled".

The only thing I haven't tried is a reinstall. I was hoping for a simpler method.

Edit: Re-installed the game. Still TXT error.

I've deleted the entire CIV 5 folder under "my games" and re-downloaded the two mods. The only mods I have listed as downloaded are the DLC mods, but I only have the 2 T3K mods as "enabled".

The only thing I haven't tried is a reinstall. I was hoping for a simpler method.

Edit: Re-installed the game. Still TXT error.

I need a more detailed description to debug this.

I think this is a configuration problem since most player don't have this bug. So I need the detail of your system/civ5 configuration.

Are you using a language other then English or Chinese?

What DLC are missing? e.g., without Spain DLC the EI dorado is displayed as TXT_KEY, and that's expected.

Are there any ohter bugs you found? A TXT_KEY error always happen with some other bugs. So let me know if there is any other thing wrong. Can you setup a game correctly? Play a few round to see if there is a bug.

Great job on this, love the atmosphere....as a suggestion, you should look at the H3K mod for Civ 4, the tech tree was amazing, as were the wonders and beliefs (religions)

The units were also very well balanced, as were the civs themselves.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=346

Thanks for the good idea, I'll try to add these changes after Gods and Kings, which has religions buildin

Hi, I just get CiV and downloaded this mod. Great work! :goodjob:

I don't have DLC 3-6, and I have the warning when starting the game. I can play the game until turn 10, when all of sudden the screen went black with yellow "CIV Heroes of Three Kingdom", and the globe icon spining endlessly. In Civ4, this is a "Waiting on Other Civilization" bug. Does my lack of DLC caused this bug? Is there any work-around (beside buying the DLC)?

Thanks!

Hi, I just get CiV and downloaded this mod. Great work! :goodjob:

I don't have DLC 3-6, and I have the warning when starting the game. I can play the game until turn 10, when all of sudden the screen went black with yellow "CIV Heroes of Three Kingdom", and the globe icon spining endlessly. In Civ4, this is a "Waiting on Other Civilization" bug. Does my lack of DLC caused this bug? Is there any work-around (beside buying the DLC)?

Thanks!

It looks like a bug in diplomatic UI. Press ESC and you may go back to the game.
Do you also use other diplomatic UI mod? This mod modify some diplo UI, so will conflict with any other mods modify the same file.
I'll try to make this mod work with info addict in next version.

I keep crashing on turn 10 once im finished building my first building to get a new hero
also i get that TXT message everywhere

I don't own any of the DLC ( buying soon just to play this mod)

but other then my problems just wanted to say good job with the mod, i own all the vdeo games based on ROTK, and from what i see this might become one of my top 5 fav ROTK game :)

V11 ChangeLog(2012/04/27)

V11 add a new warlord Liu Zhang, who is good at wonder building and defence.
Some AI heroes will receive free promotions when upgrading, they are much hard to defeat in normal combat, so use Hero Skills/Stratagems well to kill AI heroes.
The Civilopedia Pack mod(v2) include wiki for Liu Zhang and his Heroes, as well as some wonder splash. This mod is not longer optional.

V11 can work with InfoAddict, but you need to install InfoAddict AFTER this mod. If the diplomatic UI crash, you can try to delete the following files in LUA dir:
DiploTrade.xml
DiscussionDialog.lua
DiscussionDialog.xml
TradeLogic.lua
If this is still not working, report a bug here.

Bug Fix:
Fix a bug about worker heroes upgrade
Fix a bug in Red Cliff War that City-States can't join Cao Cao

Liu Zhang:
A new warlord good at wonder building and defence. He can complete unique wonders of other warlords without conflict. But all his units suffer -1 movement.

Balance Change:
Worker Heroes can only upgrade to level3
Some specialty for worker Heroes
Reduce 1 movement for Chariot Heroes
Guan Feng can move after TownProtal and immune to all skill/stratagems
Each level of Shock/Drill/Accuracy/Barrage only grant 15% strength bonus now
No more free Great Person when completing national wonders
Free Heroes for Sun Quan in Red Cliff War
No more experience bonus when player heroes upgrading
More defence bonus for AI capital
AI get free unique wonder when acquire pre-tech
AI Heroes with high Might/Wisdom receive free promotion when upgrading

Policy:
Restore food bonus for tradition branch, remove skill damage bonus, but grant a new bonus of reducing half Fame cost in tavern, and for AI players, Heroes revives in 3 turns instead of 10
Freedom branch grant the skill damage bonus now, but reduce the Great Person Improvement bonus to 2(down from double)

well now with v11 i can get to turn 20 - 21 and poof game crash

is there a way i can tell what is crashing me ?

also is it because i don't own any of the dlc ?

here is a save that crashed on turn 18

also when starting a new game and i need to choose free for all or red cliff
i get the TXT message

this is a new game i started as i typed this message
i got to make a 2nd city and got my 2nd hero out i just finished killing a barbarian and was going to check the city-state message

Attachments

• Cao Cao_0014 BC-3440.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • CivilizationV_DX11 2012-04-27 08-35-39-154.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11 2012-04-27 08-35-39-154.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 135
  • CivilizationV_DX11 2012-04-27 08-35-45-673.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11 2012-04-27 08-35-45-673.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 131
here is a save that crashed on turn 18

also when starting a new game and i need to choose free for all or red cliff
i get the TXT message

this is a new game i started as i typed this message
i got to make a 2nd city and got my 2nd hero out i just finished killing a barbarian and was going to check the city-state message

for the TXT problem
Everything defined in ScenarioText.xml are displayed as TXT_KEY, so it looks like xml conflict. You can search for ScenarioText.xml in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods dir to find if there is another mod including the same file.
Or you can temporarily move all other mods into other dir when playing T3K mod.

for the crash problem
The Civilopedia Pack is required after V11, need install that mod too.
also I see you used InfoAddict, so delete these files in LUA dir:
DiploTrade.xml
DiscussionDialog.lua
DiscussionDialog.xml
TradeLogic.lua

Let me know if it works:)

well i just decided to remove my other mods in the folder only 2 and i am now at turn 29 and going.

but i am still getting that txt_key problem

edit : made it to turn 40 then got a crash but i never saved it. ill try again tomorow while saving every turn

well i just decided to remove my other mods in the folder only 2 and i am now at turn 29 and going.

but i am still getting that txt_key problem

edit : made it to turn 40 then got a crash but i never saved it. ill try again tomorow while saving every turn

you can try delete "cache" dir in
C:\Users\Epic\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5
and restart

well tried a new game with coa coa and i crash turn 20.

could there be a event that happens around turn 20 for coa coa, turn 29 Ma teng that could make it crash, that actually needs a DLC ????

Attachments

• AutoSave_0018 BC-3280.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
I try the save file and crash at loading time

It seems you have not install Civilopedia Pack, which is required for V11

yes i have it. it was the first thing i got before the actual mod

im gona remove both mods and re install them and see if that helps

Top Bottom