Resources for cold Regions (Nord.Res Mod) - beta

windiz

Chieftain
Here is my resource mod for "arctic" regions.
It has compatinility issues, so I it will have beta status so far.
Must have for northern nations like my Inuit civilization mod.

Includes:

Bonus resources:

Tuber. +1 :c5food:. Might be found in tundra or grassland. +1 :c5food: if city has Granary.
Wildberry. +1 :c5food: on tundra or marsh tiles. +2 :c5food: if you build a farm on it.

Luxury resources:

Seals. +1 :c5food: and +2 :c5gold: if worked by city. +3 :c5happy:. Might be found in tundra or snow regions. Usually near water or lakes. You can build a circus near this resource (appart from horses and elephants). +2 :c5food: with camp improvement.

Soapstone. Exclusive snow luxury resource. Might be found on hills only. +1 :c5gold: and 4 :c5happy: if improved with quarry.

Chalk. Provides you only +2 :c5happy:. But grants additional +2 :c5science: if the city has a library. Improvement type - quarry. Might be found on desert or snow hills.

Bugs and Issues:
Isn't compatible with FramedArchitect's Amer-Asian Resources. We use the same resource generator made by Deep Blue. I don't get what's wrong with it.

Plans:
  • I would love to place seals on coastal tiles only, but it seams that plot:IsCoastalLand() works different... Lua help needed.
  • I'm going to make seals graphics in 3d.
  • Probably some other resources like penguins (it would be nice to find a way to place them in southerm hemispere only) or white bears.

Attachments

• Nord Resources v.1.zip
    838 KB · Views: 730
I tried this in a game together with several mods, the relevant of which is Corporation (BNW). When a deal in which I was getting seal ended, I got a notification saying a deal in which (leader) was giving me ARMY shares while I was giving him tuber (??) ended. The text in completed deals was blank. Afterwards ARMY shares were available from that leader instead of seals and you could really buy them. We are talking about medieval era, so shares are not possible yet. Another leader I had met had a share from even a very late era. I checked with ingame editor and the corporations required for the shares to be available were not built yet. I don't know if this mod works consistently otherwise; all I can say is don't try this with corporation.

That's too bad. Would be nice with more cold region resources, but I've just gotten so used to playing with the corporation mod.

Top Bottom