Elohim With Salsa: Modular mod.

V3 now up.

Two new buildings, significant changes to the Sohei and pegasuses - I'm going with my browser spell checker right now - have been added as an option.

Check out the updated first post for details and post any feedback down here. I'm especially interested to know if you think the new additions have made the modmod are too advantageous for the Elohim.

You would run into issues where the new units from FF are buildable by everyone not from FF and the new units for the Elohim here are buildable by all the FF civs.

You could just edit your own Civilization Infos to make it viable though.

I'm surprised it crashed like that - I'd expect an XML loading error if anything. Well, I'll want it compatible for myself anyway so I'll see about getting it working and post it.

awsome, i look forward to it :D

also, would you be able to add the modifyed great wall graphics to show when the sanctuar world spell has been cast? someone made the graphics and code and everything for it in a DL before, but i cant find it. would be awsome for this :)

edit: here is the link to the great wall sanctuary effect :) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=264147&highlight=great+wall

i just tried and civ crashed rigth after i clicked on the desktop shortcut, so it dosnt work :(

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is: I made a fresh install of FFH2 .31, patched it, installed Fall Further, the Elohim modmod and the game started up fine!

The bad news is: I made a fewsh install of FFH2 .31, patched it, installed Fall Further, the Elohim modmod and the game started up fine!

:(

So: I've no idea why your game is crashing. All I can suggest - short of the usual "Reinstall everything and update all your drivers" stuff - is trying the Elohim modmod's directories one at a time. That might pin-point things better.

Unless you're using the horseandgriffon variant there shouldn't be any conflicts with Fall Further (assuming Fall Further doesn't modify the Elohim). Only the Elohim entry in the civilzationsinfos file is modified.

And, in fact, I've just realized that's a mistake: The Abbey needs not 4 Monastery's, but 4 buildings of BUILDINGCLASS_PAGAN_TEMPLE. Everyone can build that. Which means everyone can build Sohei. Oops.

I'll post an update adding a "Cathedral" building for everyone. The Abbey will be the Elohim version of the Cathedral.

Ah, so you don't create a new unitclass anymore? Niceness on that. So the only conflict would be that the Elohim would be able to build all the new units that Vehem added to FF then. So put in the exclusions (simple copy/paste from another Civ) and you are covered.

So put in the exclusions (simple copy/paste from another Civ) and you are covered.

Thanks! Just included.

Updated the download (see first post.)

I realized religion-specific Cathedrals should get more attention than I'm willing to give them, especially in a mod that's supposed to be focused on the Elohim. So I added the "Fortress" instead, and the Abbey is a "Fortress" variant.

The Fortress is an unexciting but potentially worthwhile building adding 30 defense, 1 happiness, plus small culture and gold boosts.

also, would you be able to add the modifyed great wall graphics to show when the sanctuar world spell has been cast? someone made the graphics and code and everything for it in a DL before, but i cant find it. would be awsome for this :)

edit: here is the link to the great wall sanctuary effect :) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=264147&highlight=great+wall

have you looked into this? i really would like the graphical representation of sanctuary so you know why your troops cant enter elhoim territory.

also, i tried the mod again, got it to start, played a game for a couple of hundred turns, then a CTD. i go to start it up again and it crashes from shortcut again:( ill DL the latest patch...

have you looked into this? i really would like the graphical representation of sanctuary so you know why your troops cant enter elhoim territory.

Yep - looks very cool. I want to stick to XML though, and I'm probably done adding to the modmod...

also, i tried the mod again, got it to start, played a game for a couple of hundred turns, then a CTD. i go to start it up again and it crashes from shortcut again:( ill DL the latest patch...

... though not finished maintaining it. Send me any clues. And I'll finally get a chance to play for a decent amount of time in the next couple of days.

BTW: Updated the file. Just improvements to the buttons and renamed the "Castles" to "Fortresses."

The readme references a 'fall further.zip' for a compatible file for Fall Further. None was included. Do I read correctly it is no longer necessary?

The readme references a 'fall further.zip' for a compatible file for Fall Further. None was included. Do I read correctly it is no longer necessary?

Sorry, no, it's still needed. I forgot to include it in the last version. It's there now, and I've attached it to this message too.

Attachments

• For Fall Further.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 57
I haven't checked to ensure it can be done with just a module, but instinct says: Yes. The complication would possibly be requirement of the Feature in the BFC

Look here at Zechnophobe's idea. it is PERFECT for the Elohim. Just create a National Wonder that is Elohim only for each of the Unique Features possible in the game, with a nice Empire-wide effect, and also eliminating maintenance in that city. This way they can have powerful cities that are spread all over the map, defending each of the Unique Features :)

The complication would possibly be requirement of the Feature in the BFC

Ah, "Big Fat Cross"? :)

It is a very good idea, but I don't see out how to do that with a module.

I must say, this modmod is brilliant! I play the Elohim a lot, and so I thought I'd play this. My favourite thing about it is the Sohei. You could have made a simply stronger Paladin, and thus made them attack others with it aggressively. Instead, you take away almost all the strength, and make it a defensive unit that doubles in strength in your area. I loved that. I also like the griffon's ability to scout enemy zones of control. It makes planning an attack so much easier.

I must say, this modmod is brilliant!

Thanks! I'm especially happy you are especially happy with the Sohei. :)

General questions:
(Drawn from the FF and worker threads.)

How many think further boosts to the leader's Traits are in order?
An increase in Homeland's combat or withdraw bonus?
Guardsman for monks?
A Guardsman-like promotion made available?
Any changes to Cor. or the world spell?

Personally I think the Elohim have been helped enough. OTOH, outside of some testing I haven't actually gotten to play them yet with the modmod. Wahh!

I actually think the 1st griffons (aspirants?) are a bit overpowered diplomatically. Since they are one of the only (the only?) flying units, you can contact your neighbors overseas much faster than anyone else. Of course, this is also an issue with For the Horde, so maybe it can just be viewed as a perk and not OP.

I was having a lot of fun with epic Griffon vs. Pirate battles near the Lanun border.
Exalted Griffon 1, Black Wind 0

Top Bottom