MINI COMPETITION THINGY: For my final civ

DANG YOU! I was just about to suggest a winged civ :p

Well, the Formicans could also be your good assassin civ. But they would handle things a bit differently.

Their steath assassin-equivalent units would be called Seeders. Upon enemy unit "death" during combat or perhaps due to a special ability, the Seeder would inject a larval Formican into the enemy. The enemy unit would then receive a special promotion similar to the old FfH2 dragon cult promo. Then, after a period of time, the larva would pupate and one of two things would happen. Either the enemy unit would die and a new Formican unit would emerge, OR the pupa would decide to KEEP the enemy body and essentially flip the unit to the Formican civ (with all acquired promos stripped, though, to maintain some sense of balance). Either that or the "marked" units could be activated by a Formican National UU called a Nursemaid.

This could be fun, but powerful. Maybe best to make Seeders a national UU, too, so that both Seeders and Nursemaids had a limit of 3 units in the game at any one time.

This mechanic would exemplify the Formican values of evangelism and pragmatism. First, try to convert those evil beings to the path of good (by taking over their brains), or at least use their bodies to make more Formicans.

Finally, I think these guys can be "good" as it is defined in a dark fantasy game. In regular FfH2 many of the so-called "good" civs are mainly considered good because of the God with whom they affiliate, not their culture. (The Bannor, for example, seem like fanatical battle-crazed wankers.) The Formicans could be just as "good" as the Bannor for sure!

Name: Eutopia
Lore: Perhaps one of the most insidious of demons, the Catullus worm had the horrible ability of burrowing into the spine of a creature and controlling its body and mind. Over time, it would corrupt the host until they themselves became a demon, impregnated with hundreds of worms that it would unleash upon his friends and allies.

Serius was a priest of (whatever good god is appropriate), desperately trying to keep his people alive in a world that turned against them. Until the angel Vanessa came to him with a gift: the Cocoon. Once a Catullus worm, Vanessa's Cocoon was infused with the divine energy of heaven. It left the mind and body free, and acted to purge evil and hatred from the host. It also radiated a divine presence that gave the host an advantage over the demons that roamed the land. Serius was the first mortal to receive this gift. Soon, all of his people joined him. Other tribes soon followed suit, joining with the eutopia that Serius had begun to create. With the death of Alzara, the clarity and peace that the Cocoon brought about led to an age of enlightment amongst their people.
Leaders: Serius the Pure (Charismatic/Expansive/Tolerant)
Traits: Cocoon Host (for all living units. +5% chance of converting living enemy units on combat victory, +10% vs. Demon)
Mana: Mind/Body/Enchantment
Hero: Vanessa - An angel that first brought the Cocoon to Serius. Grants the Empowered I-V promotions to all units with the Cocoon Host promotion, based on whether she has Combat I-V.
Units: Immortal Replacement - White Moth. This unit looks like a small white butterfly. It is equipment that can be picked up by any living unit, granting them the Immortal promotion.

I am also toying with the idea of reducing all production of military units by 20% to show both their peaceful nature, and to compensate for the fact that they will be getting more units through combat. Also, I couldn't think of a very good name for this civ. Requests are welcome.

I like this idea because while they are a good civ (hatred and evil are unknown to them, and war is declared out of necessity and with great sadness), there is something wrong about their methodology. It is like forcing medication upon your population. The converting people mechanic is suppose to represent the fact that they really do not like to kill their enemies, but it could also imply that they are forcing these Cocoons on people. I hope the percentage chance is not unbalancing.

edit: I swear I didn't read Lute's post before I wrote this. -_- Beaten to the punch! Blargh!

So it's would be like Tok'ra Hosts?

I am not entirely sure what a Tok'ra is, but according to Wikipedia they are little serpents that live within a host and control them(?). I think the difference would be that a Cocoon is not intelligent and doesn't share control of the body. It is in stasis, it just kind of secretes "good" into the host, as well as a friendly bond, like a sense of understanding, with others that share a Cocoon. The worms could be more diabolical, but I have not thought about them as much. I just wanted the parasite to have evil origins. :mischief: That makes the Cocoon's (and thus the civ's) motives questionable.

I needeth to add leadereths to myeth civeth!

Edit: Added some more stuff to my civ.

I have my fingers in 27½ pies at the same time right now :groucho:

Liking the ideas so far :)

Any more? :D

Al

Well, I have been thinking about this, and decided that I wanted to break off from some of the cliche's that defines good.

Cliche #1: Fat guys are almost always described as evil in most novels and whatever, what about a leader who is corpulent, but actually wise?

Cliche #2: People with sick sense of humour/cheapskates are evil (huh?)

Cliche #3: Basically to be good, most of them have to be fanatically devoted against evil (that seems to be the most cases in this thread as well)

Now if your brain had not turned to tapioca yet as the horror of the fact that I was actually thinking had not yet been registered, let me continue.

So I present you with Berse, a Good country with fat, wise king and neurotic,but somewhat humorous Queen. Basically, they are similiar to Balseraphs in their sense of humour (INSANE HUMOUR FTW!!!!!!!), but much less demented and stuff.

King Hartis: (Philosophical, Organized) (Good)

Queen Hartia: (Creative, Arcane) (Neutral)

Mana: Mind, Enchantment, spirit

Hero: Madigan: Personal bodyguard and commando working for the Throne. He is the head of the seekers. He sports a variety of gadgets to help fulfill his objectives.

Unit Replacement: Assassin: Seekers. Bodyguards and commandoes (starts with guardsman and stealth, higher can defend too), these assassins usually utilize exotic weapons.

Champions: <Insert Cool Name Here>: Weaker then normal champions to start with, they gain bonus empowered promotion for every 3 other of themselves in a stack.

Imortal: No name yet!: Weaker in total strength then normal Immortal, but can use gadgets produced by the Inventor's Workshop

Cannon: Wildhog Cannon: More collateral damage, perhaps allow for Ranged attack?

Berserker: Siege Golem: Name says it all, isn't it? :p

UBs: Inventor's Workshop: replaces Alchemist's Lab, adds 15% to the city's total science output. Also allows for the players to build Equiment "Gadgets" which can be added to the Seekers, Madigan, or their immortal UU I have been planning on

Tailor: Weaver replacement available to build at AESTHETICS :)eek:), draws bonus from silk, sheep, dye, cotton, and flax (if you haave included it in this mod Alzara :p)

Adding more later!

I need to nerf something now...
Cookies for anyone who gets the reference :p

Spoiler :

Civpedia for Queen Hartia (Well, not really, but just for my amusement and for more hints to its reference :evil:)
Spoiler :
&#8220;I CAN&#8217;T TAKE THIS ANY LONGER!!!&#8221;

The lady sitting on the throne clapped her ears in boredom as if she was now used to the process. She stared at the man in front of her.

There were many man in Berse Kingdom who was neither good or evil, but if only one could be considered the weirdest, poorest, most not frigging cared about, and most annoying to the queen, then it would be the man standing in front of her.

No one knew his real name, not that anyone really cared. He liked sewing, his many lies, a few illusion tricks, and his eternal tea time. What he hated were his puny pay from the queen, the queen who had repeatedly denied his request for more income, and very hard riddles.

He was a mystery as well. His pure white skin made him mistaken for a royalty more than once, but he was not. He was not a royalty, nor a noble, nor a peasant. He was not a normal human while he definitely was not an interesting one. He was nobody, he was like illusion, and he was a citizen of Berse Kingdom.

The queen rolled her eyes. &#8220;Mr. Liarpants, why did you come again this fine evening?&#8221;

The man quickly chucked up his middle finger. &#8220;I demand more pay!&#8221; He yelled.

Yes. That was it. What he really, REALLY hated was his tiny pay. Of course, he really didn&#8217;t do much, but wasn&#8217;t it an employer&#8217;s duty to make sure that his or her employee at least had a standard in living? The man definitely hated the queen for not even caring whether he lived or not and lowering his pay to puny 5 gold per month.

And the queen chucked up her very own delicate and very long middle finger at the man. &#8220;Shut up, fool, do you think that being a queen is easy?&#8221;

&#8220;You can&#8217;t do that!&#8217; Yelled the man.

The queen sighed. And then she suddenly smiled. &#8220;Then sing me a song, then I will consider it. CONSIDER.&#8221;

The man seemed surprised. He had not expected her to order him to sing a song. The queen smiled at the man&#8217;s haplessness. This was normal, the man would come to her 3 times a week to ask for more pay, and she would deny him that by giving him impossible tasks. EVERY TIME.

Of course, there was the King, but he was a prodigious sleeper, and spent most of his days, well, sleeping. This gave the queen almost absolute dominion over the land. Oh well.

The man paced about the court room, and then suddenly cleared his throat.

&#8220;Okay, I&#8217;ll do it. Just don&#8217;t start Rolling on the floor.&#8221;

&#8230;annnnnd&#8230;.

Hey! Look at that tree! Let&#8217;s chop it!

One Chop

Two Chop Chop

Three Chop Chop Chop

Four Chop Chop Chop Chop

Five Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop

(Infinite repeat, after reaching thirty, sing &#8220;Oops, my hand slipped,&#8221; then repeat again)

-Written by anonymous

&#8220;&#8230;&#8230;Drag him out of here.&#8221;

&#8220;YES MAAM!&#8221;

&#8220; NOOOO! Wait! WAIT! There is a second part!&#8221;

&#8220;&#8230;&#8230;Knock him out, and then drag him&#8221;

&#8220;YES MAAM!&#8221;

It was a perfectly normal and perfectly peaceful day at Berse Kingdom.

Sadly, I don't get the reference... but I would say that a fat, wise queen and a neurotic but somewhat humorous king would be better. More habit-breaking I think :)

I fleshed out a part of my new creation *_*

References: A person only named as Lugia who drew my avatar. The story was a converted version of her story, and there is a reference to neither evil nor good. Which is also shown in my avatar as wearing black and white tuxedo :p

Alice in Wonderland: Queen Hartia is Queen of Hearts. King Hartis is King of Hearts. Queen of Hearts was neurotic, King of Hearts forgave many people who was sentenced to death by his spouse.

Hero: Madigan, a reference to Hatter Madigan in a novel called Looking Glass Wars. Also known as the Mad Hatter, which also happens to be my avatar :p.

Inventor's workshop: Reference to Looking Glass Wars where the Hatters carried many gadgets to help suceed in their espionage missions. (Madigan, for example, uses a hat with blades attached to the rim, dual hidden blades, a belt blade, and a spinning blade thing attached to his back.

Card Soldiers: A reference to playing card suites. The Champion UU gains empowered promotion after there is 3 other of himself in the same stack. For every four of them, they gain Empowered promotion. There are 4 suites, diamond, heart, spades, and clobs.

:mwaha:

Edit: I told you about Seonisque civ!

Card Soldiers: A reference to playing card suites. The Champion UU gains empowered promotion after there is 3 other of himself in the same stack. For every four of them, they gain Empowered promotion. There are 4 suites, diamond, heart, spades, and clobs.

Don't forget they are flamable, more soldires, biger fire =)

Oh yeah, I forgot that!

:mwaha:

OK any more entries? If not, I will construct a poll to get votes on the ideas :)

Al

give them more time Al :p

im sure there are more ideas floating around

you cant just have something like this open for a few days lol

Ok :)

*Twiddles thumbs*

Oooh the anticipation :D

Al

Top Bottom