Civ World Questions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

Related question: How does the political minister use his ability?

Yeah I'm actually wondering this myself. I'm still not even sure what the ability is... Does he speed votes, or can he veto, or both?

I think it's great that this game is coming out--does anyone have an idea of when it will be available for everyone on Facebook? I have been looking forward to this.
Also, how does it compare to any of the current MMOG's out there now--like Evony or Samurai Dynasty? Is it a similar type of game?

Do we have any discussion anywhere on building placement to maximize yield? I noticed that in another thread someone said that houses are best when next to eachother and the coast - just wondering if there were any other 'important' things to note as such and/or the best way to place buildings. IE: across/next/box/hexa/etc

what ports I need to open on firewall to connect it? game seems to use some custom port numbers, cannot connect at all

Just found out myself (not sure if all 3 are needed and if they are tcp/udp): 843/8430/8431

2 questions:

1) How do I use Great Persons except building Wonders? (does they give any bonus?)
2) It says (in chat) that I seek for bride, lol. What does it means?

@Kink
1) A Great Person gives a +5% modifier to one type of resource (depending on the Great Person type)
2) If you look at the button that usually shows you all the civs in the world (top row, right side) you'll see that it says "Dowry." Visit another player's town, and if you mouse over a house, a button will pop up for one of your citizens to "marry" that citizen. This will give both you and the other player (I think) a one-time bonus of the resource type of the citizen you "married." The bonus amount increases with the productivity of the citizen.

Do we have any discussion anywhere on building placement to maximize yield? I noticed that in another thread someone said that houses are best when next to eachother and the coast - just wondering if there were any other 'important' things to note as such and/or the best way to place buildings. IE: across/next/box/hexa/etc

Please see the guide I just posted for details on this!

So are there any disadvantages to a larger Civ? I know this was asked earlier, but that was a long time ago and it wasn't really answered with a lot of certainty. If no, would Meritocracy only help to free up spots for new players then?

The main disadvantage of a larger civ is co-ordination, and getting votes passed. Ideally, a large civ with a lot of active players who know what they are doing would crush any opposition, but I have yet to see it happen, even before the open beta.

I had a game a while ago where we had a big civ doing well, and then in the late mid-game, everyone kind of stopped doing anything, and some people who changed to a smaller civ won the majority of end game victories.

Has anyone else noticed that, during the loading screen for Current/Available/Finished Games, the guy in the gold circular loading graphic is "stabbing" with the hammer handle, instead of whacking something with the head of it?

Hammer Guy, ur doin it wrong!

Is there any way to see what's underneath a building without recycling it? I have an upgraded guard tower (thankfully just one upgrade) that I want to know if there is a forest underneath it. I am assuming I am SOL on the hammers for the tower.

The main disadvantage of a larger civ is co-ordination, and getting votes passed. Ideally, a large civ with a lot of active players who know what they are doing would crush any opposition, but I have yet to see it happen, even before the open beta.

I see a lot of mention of tech penalties which I take to mean the total beakers required for any given tech increases for each person in a civ. But I don't see this explicitly stated anywhere.

I see a lot of mention of tech penalties which I take to mean the total beakers required for any given tech increases for each person in a civ. But I don't see this explicitly stated anywhere.

I am not sure if this is the case. I know the CIV BONUS goes down depending on civ size.

The last two times I have tried to propose Civics, I get a list of 9 or so civics, but the 'propose' button only appears on about 4 of them.

Is this just a bug, or am I missing something? It's really annoying because my choices are all pretty terrible.

Question: Can you rename your city?

I want to rename myself more than my city. And everyone else too. We have two BrianS's in our civ. :crazyeye:

How do I invite people to my civ?

If you mean in game, just send them a chat in game, either a personal one to an individual, or a message to the entire world saying 'join us, we're awesome'. If you mean adding people from outside the game, I haven't done that yet.

I started playing yesterday and joined a small civilization.

When I logged in today, I was in a different, much larger civilization. My original civ is still there, but they are now even smaller.

Can anyone tell me how this happened? Did I get conquered and assimilated? I thought that didn't happen anymore.

This is the "missing king" bug. It seems to be affecting a lot of games but not al of them. Have a look to see if any of the civs have no king, and the portrait of the king belongs to a player in a different civ.

Top Bottom