Barbarian Galley In Ocean?

Convict

Warlord
I thought they were confined to coastal hexes? Anyway my trireme could not attack it.

Screenshot to follow.

I often see barb ships in locations they could not possibly have moved to, specifically ice-locked hexes, but I assume those are spawns from camps (which may have been cleared by the time I spot the ships). That does not seem to be applicable to your example though!

When cargo ships are plundered by barbarians, it spawns another barbarian naval unit... I believe I've seen a barbarian trireme spawn in the middle of the ocean once due to this phenomenon.

I once found a Chinese trireme at a totally deep water surrounded island. Only seen this once in thousands of hours of play...pretty esoteric bug. My theory is it was carried there by a tsunami.

If it's a bug, you can attack it whit a trireme when the cultural borders reach the tile.

That happens when a cargo ship was in the coastal waters and it gets plundered by a barbarian ship, and then an new barbarian ship will spawn next to the barbarian ship who plundered the cargo ship immediately without checking terrain on what it will be placed as result we get bunch of barbarian galleys/triremes in ocean hexs because of this however they are forever immobilized as the result and you can kill them at your own leisure.

I seen it happen a bunch of times to my cargo ships and AI's XD

And AI ships getting sent to islands surrounded by ocean happens when peace treaty gets made and they get ejected to safest near hex.

Top Bottom